[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: received_457534717176152.jpg (179 KB, 2000x1504)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
Give me ideas for light meals for hot weather.

Pic related, just had shrimp, veg and rice.
>>
>>20696698
nothing about this screams "hot weather" meal to me, though.

One of the things I do is a cold side. Chunky overnight cold potato salad with my grilled shishkabobs or chicken breasts, side of marinated cucumbers, pasta salad, or healthy kale slaw with my fried southern main or BBQ. I try to make 1 cold salad going all week, from a curry chicken or waldorf chicken salad, to dill feta orzo, to cucumber and tomato filled taboulleh to a fruit salad or bowl of marinated tomatoes. I am putting cold strawberries on my cereal, or putting peaches into my muffins. Pickled onions go on top of tacos.

I love a cold soup, but it takes a farmer's market visit to make gazpacho affordable, and I'm not making homemade stock in summer for vichysoisse.
>>
>>20696698
Watermelon, feta, mint, balsamic, olive oil, onion.
>>
>>20696740
Hmm... Thanks. I have all of that except the mint. Will make some.
>>
>>20696751
>except the mint.
sometimes when out of mint, I make a batch of mint tea and add to the recipe. Other times, I sub in basil.
>>
File: sp.jpg (1.29 MB, 2936x2926)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>20696698
pork sausage and peach skewers
pork sausage, bell peppers and onion skewers
sushi rice
poke bowls
any type of salad, fruit salad included
>>
>>20696731
Well, my normal meals are much more meat and potatoes style of a deal. With creamy sauces etc.
>>
ceviche
>>
SEA food.
>>
>>20696698
are you a woman or something?
"light" or "heavy" food is not seasonal fashion, get over yourself
>>
>>20696698
pasta al limone
>>
>>20697048
good idea
>>
Shrimp are great because you can pour hot water on them and nuke for a minute and they're done. Drain and combine with fat and seasoning and that's the main figured out. Or leave them unseasoned and toss into a pasta salad.
Also, any cold bibim dish.
>>
>>20696764
>pork sausage and peach
I've never considered this. I'll give that a try sometime. Smoked, emulsified sausages, I would guess?
>>
File: 1702205899027978.gif (3.21 MB, 498x498)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB GIF
>>
>>20696698
Fleshlight full of macaroons
>>
Canned halved peach
Tuna
Fries
>>
Cold cut sammiches
Salads of any form
Lots of chilled fruits, melons are great
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 320x180)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>20696698
Marco's warm chicken vinaigrette is the bees tits and perfect for hot days †bh

https://youtu.be/p_bwd8aOf6E?si=DWlvgTQXoVIJ-9bt
>>
>>20696698
>Give me ideas for light meals for hot weather.

Is this some poverty or fatty thing? Thanks to the great modern amenity of Air Conditioning, my house remains a cool 72°F, so just being a few minutes indoors cools me off.

Moreover, hiw much time is the 4channer even spending outside? Are you sweating like a pig just walking to and from your car?
>>
>>20702172
>72°F
>talking about fatties
Never post here you cheeseburger American,post body
>>
>>20696698
Cold milk
Ice cubes
Ice cream
Milk shake
>>
>>20696698
I want the full Monty!
>>
>>20702534
you mean recipe?

I used a ready blend of frozen veg (pic)

I added it to a pan with one onion chopped into big slices. Cooked, added rice, and a sauce I made with dark soy, black pepper, oyster sauce, lemon juice and garlic.
>>
File: find.jpg (25 KB, 383x330)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>20702898
forgot the pic
>>
>>20702898
>>20702901
And obviously, at the end I added the defrosted shrimp. They were already cooked, so I just let them sit in cold water while cooking the other stuff and added them in the end, only letting them heat through.
>>
>>20702230
>eurofag
Even less of reason to complain about the heat. The only place in Europe which actually gets hot is Spain and Greece and maybe southern Italy.
>>
>>20696698
Gazpacho soup.
>>
Some crisis actors in cop uniforms came over to break my air conditioning last Saturday at 1am so I feel your pain OP. My recommendation is Ceviche: diced cold shrimp, avocado, tomatoes, onions and cilantro and with ketchup as a condiment. Have an okay day!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.