[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (3.98 MB, 1500x1125)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB PNG
what is the best way to grill meat with the lowest effort and maintenance? for now I use a ceramic frying pan, but that is always a mess. maybe a small electro grill?
>>
>>20696722
pay someone else to do it
>>
>>20696722
grills are harder and more annoying to clean than a pan bro. you get drippings from the meat on the fucking grates, into the fucking grill body and on the fucking element. literally everywhere. and if you don't want to ruin your grill, you have to clean it after every use. an electric grill automatically makes this 10x worse btw as you are suddenly more susceptible to a fire for not cleaning your grill. and don't overlook the obvious fact that a grill has a million tight crevices that you need to get into to remove every bit of dirt otherwise you wind up with an even harder to clean carbonized mess the next time you use your grill. a frying pan is literally the easiest and simplest way to cook a steak. literally just one surface to clean.
>>
>>20696800
>if you don't want to ruin your grill, you have to clean it after every use.
Wrong.
>don't overlook the obvious fact that a grill has a million tight crevices that you need to get into to remove every bit of dirt otherwise you wind up with an even harder to clean carbonized mess the next time you use your grill.
No one but autists does this. You want the grate to be reasonably clean of course(polymerised fats are ok).
>>
so the solution is to microwave the meat
>>
>>20696722
>grills are harder and more annoying to clean than a pan bro
I would disagree in the case of propane grills. Turn it on, get it screaming hot, wait 10 mins, Brust cooked ash or old charred sauces or bits with metal brush. Wipe down with wet towel to get all traces of it, then rub down with oil soaked paper towel, or brush. I use tongs for this step to hold the paper towel.
Set the temp how you want it now, and start grilling. If I am using smoke, I light the smoke box. Grill your dinner, sides, toast your buns or garlic bread. Then, simply turn off, walk away and go inside. (Clean it nextt use)

Att my lakehouse, I have an elecric inside use electric grill. I don't wish to store propane inside my garage, and there are lots of bears outside :P
So, inside, I cook chimmichurri coated steaks, ny strips w/montreal seasoningg, or else some bbq rubbed port chops every visit. The drip pan and grate both clean up like a breeze with a proper brush and hot soapy water. I had a hard time til I bought the right firm bristled brush from libman, since it can't be submerged; now it's easy.
>>
>>20697657
That's still not easier than washing a cast iron pan. Literally one surface, that can be wiped with a paper towel (as long as you didn't fuck up and use a litre of oil). Setting aside fact OP was talking about fricken ELECTRIC grill, a propan grill is still a hassle to clean, even with the self "cleaning option". You waste a bunch of propane in an effort to carbonize shit, but you still have to get in there with a hard grill sponge and scrape off that carbonized shit to get a clean surface. If you have a big grill it's even more of a pain. Simply not as fast and easy as taking a paper towel and wiping your cast iron pan. You objectively cannot deny this.
>>
>>20696722
>what is the best way to grill meat with the lowest effort and maintenance?
>grill
Don't, use your oven
>>
File: 71S7tidZfKL.jpg (169 KB, 1100x1100)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>20696722
if you still want to use the grill without making a mess, get a little mat like picrel. you won't get as nice grill marks but it works well enough

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.