[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Fucking weird ass sandwich and I’m tired of pretending it isn’t. Headcheese? Ugh
>>
>>20697499
just a French sandwich. often called a banh mi or some stupid shit
>>
>>20697499
Sorry it's not formed into little dinosaur shapes or smiley faces so you'd want to eat it
>>
>>20697499
Find a Viet spot that makes their own pate if you don't like it. I'm sure you can find one, Anon
>>
You're supposed to get the beef one
>>
>>20698790
Grilled pork is the way to go.
>>
File: 1687735341631740.png (517 KB, 750x675)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
>>20697499
The best part of the Bahn Mi sandwich is the crisp baguette, the tangy vinegar dressing and the cool salad. The meat can be anything- I don't care.

No one really likes the cheap bologna "head cheese." It's only a thing in Vietnam because it's cheap (and Vietnamese people aren't rich). Bahn Mi sold in wealthier nations don't need to follow the tradition of using cheap shit meats and should just put in full beef, pork or ham.
>>
what the hell are you guys talking about. Headcheese? Where i live, bahn mi is made with delicious roast chook. I never get the pate shit
>>
viet food and ppl are just weird in general. stay the fuck away from them. stinkyass fish sauce.
>>
>>20697499
This bread looks atrocious to begin with. Crustless, white as fuck, probably too sweet. This doesn’t qualify as a baguette
>>
>>20697499
>sandwich
:/
>sandwich but with a giant piece of cilantro sticking out of it
:O
>>
>>20698790
The place I go to does crispy pork belly and its real good
>>
>>20698940
sorry about your defective soap genes bro
>>
>>20698940
>Nooooo you have to talk about fast food slop all the time nooooo I don't like talking about food that ain't fast food
>>20698809
The boloney isn't head cheese. They're two different cold cuts. The baloney is the cheap one, but the head cheese isn't cheap. And head cheese is still eaten in America. It is delicious.
>>
>>20697499
>vietnamese sandwich made with a soggy roll
ew
>>
Lee's really does make a nasty ass banh mi though. Their meat is always old as fuck and slimy. I'll also bet you anything that the Lee's near you has a shitload of health violations.
>>
File: Jesusbuiltmytaco.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>20697499
I don't mind head cheese but the head cheese in sandwich I had really had a rubbery consistency. It didn't taste bad but to chew it meant my teeth just yanked the whole dealio out of the bun.

The veggies though... Oh holy shit... Those made up for it and then some. Next time I'm just going to have an 'oops! all vegetables' one.
>>
>>20699346
>>20699264
Yeah nah bro, let's talk about the giant cilantro stalk sticking out of my sandwich OH YEAH I FUCKING LOVE IT

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.