[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

In cooking videos they always say that you need to let your steak rest for 10+ minutes and that it won't get cold, but if I take my steak off the grill and let it sit for even 5 minutes it gets cold.
What gives?
>>
>>20698685
Put it on a heated plate, and cover it with foil
>>
>>20698685
what's the usual doneness of your steak?
the temperature even raises of a few degrees during resting if you cook it medium rare.
if it's already cold inside because it's very rare, there's little that carryover cooking can do.
>>
Your house/dwelling is cold. Maybe evil spirits.
>>
dont listen to fuckhead retards. I cook my steaks(1 inch, choice, tbone or porterhouse, marble 2-3, left out for 30 mins) on the Weber at 300F for about 25 mins. 10 mins per side outside the hotspot and then a little over 2 mins per side on the hot spot(lid on, vent 50%, opposite cooking side). internal temp is 135F, perfect medium rare, everytime. 5 mins to take it in and plate. 15 mins to finish eating and it's still hot at the last bite.
>>
>>20698685
Skill issue.
>>
>>20698784
tpbp
You're FUCKED op
>>
>>20698685
I just toss it on a plate and store in the microwave while I finish the sides. 10 minutes seems like a meme, I usually time it out so everything else is finishing just after the steak is done so I cut into my steak within probably 5-6 minutes each time and it's fine.
>>
>>20698695
This, if you're not using your whole stove, or if the oven is on, place a plate (made of ceramic or something that won't burn) on the irons, it'll be warmed by the ambient heat, then when steak is done put it on that plate and cover with another plate.
Resting is a bitch but it's honestly worth it, if you don't rest it then all the goodness spills out when you cut too early.

For resting, I usually wash dishes so I'm not tempted to eat it right away, gotta wash them anyways, so might as well unless I can spend that time on a side dish or something that needs attention, but I try to have that all done before resting the steak, so I can wash dishes.
>>
>>20698685
it doesn't have to rest in my opinion. if you are still cooking the sides then you can let it sit in aluminum foil because that keeps anything warm. I've had soft tacos I bought thirty minutes ago and they were still hot.
>>
>>20698685
>for 10+ minutes
10+???
>>
Resting steaks is the stupidest fucking meme. It’s only true if you are putting your plate into the oven like restaurants do.

Just eat your steak fresh off the grill.

Pre slicing your steak is an even bigger sin. Got damn it pisses me off when I see amateur steak fags pre slicing their steak, after resting, to ensure it will be served as cold as possible. Literal actual retards
>>
File: beefdip.jpg (157 KB, 1080x1620)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>20698685
Resting steak is for restaurants that have issues getting food together at the same time for customers. At home never rest your steaks just cook them then eat them right away. Cutting the steak open will massively reduce the amount of carry over cooking. So rather than slightly undercooking a steak so it can sit while the other dishes are finished you as the home cook, will cook the steak to the exact temperature and then start eating it a few second later.

Have an unrelated sandwich picture.
>>
>>20698685
You don't NEED to do it, but it's a courtesy to let the steak rest for a few minutes. Being grilled is hard work, and now the steak is about to begin the even more difficult task of tantalizing your taste buds and nourishing your disgusting body. So give it a few minutes to catch its breath, ya know? Maybe even offer it a cool glass of A1.
>>
>>20699780
God damn I love ah zzoo
>>
resting time depends on how thick the steak is but nothing should be cold after 5 minutes
>>
>>20698685
>but if I take my steak off the grill and let it sit for even 5 minutes it gets cold.
Tent it with foil.
Serve with warmed chimmichurri or very hot pan gravy.
>>
>>20698685
I watched a youtube video that showed at least in their tests that a rested steak loses just as much juice as an unrested steak
>>
>>20698685
put aluminum foil and a towel on it you fucking moron.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.