[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 281981891489489.jpg (48 KB, 800x800)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>You have to use beef tallow
>You have to use lard
>You have to use butter

Why use any of the above when extra virgin olive oil tastes better and is healthier.
>>
>>20698698
>tastes better
niggawut
>>
>>20698698
Try baking with it and come back to us.
>>
>>20698698
>the only cooking-oil you need is the one with the lowest smoke-point & tastes like shit/gives you cancer when you surpass that level of heat
cooklet
>>
>>20698698
I need peanut oil in order to deep fry my Thanksgiving turkey.
>>
>>20698708
Olive having a low smoke point is a myth based on trust me bros on the internet

https://www.oliveoil.com/olive-oil-smoke-point/
>>
>>20698712
>Olive
Olive oil*
>>
>>20698708
I looked into it and turns out high quality extra virgin olive oil can have smoke points as high as 410F and can be surprisingly stable at higher temps as well
not defending the retard suggesting to deep fry with EVOO but I thought I'd inform
>>
>>20698707
That can also be done, just not on very high temps but butter diesn't really work well with that either. I fry in extra virgin olive oil.
>>
If you think olive oil tastes better than butter you’re a bitch ass nigga
>>
It really depends on how you use it. Browning meat? Butter. Cooking vegetables? Olive oil. Simple as that.
There is no the best/the worst, simply different uses. But /ck/ and americans in general hate the concept of nuance and consider their way of doing things as inherently good.
>>
I only use olive oil and butter. I only use vegetable oil to clean my grill
>>
>>20698698
>post about how good olive oil is
>picrel is a shitty cheap brand that's cut with toxic vegetable oils
>>
I like to use sesame oil sometimes. Different flavor profile, higher heat. Don't be afraid to experiment and try new things!
>>
>>20698698
this
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (76 KB, 836x602)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
No, the only thing you need is heart healthy canola.
>>
>>20699190
>picrel is a shitty cheap brand that's cut with toxic vegetable oils

Have you ever even tried it before or is your statement something you just pulled out of your ass?
>>
>>20699829
>margarine
what is this, the 1870s?
>>
>>20698698
if i wanted flavor from an oil i'd rather use truffle infused olive oil.
>>
File: 81tICDRW0nL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (149 KB, 1199x1500)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Canola really is the best.
>>
>>20698698
just like you wouldn't make tapenade with butter, you wouldn't make pâte feuilletée with olive oil.
>>
>>20698698
Post tits since you're obviously a trashy white bitch

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.