[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1878.jpg (88 KB, 735x2458)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Have you tried or do you eat offal?
>>
>>20700140
I would sooner go vegan.
>>
>>20700140
beef tongue is just as good, if not better than, most standard cuts of meat
>>
>>20700140
I eat everything except gizzards. Didn't know it was a fad diet.
>>
>>20700140
>do you eat offal?
I like chicken livers, fried in cornmeal like southern style, or italian caruso, or made into chopped liver spread.

It's been a lifetime, but I've had scrapple on charcuterie samplers and it was farm to table and fresh but for the most part I don't want anything that has any possibility of prions anymore.
>>
>>20700140
Bug people food. I'd rather eat bugs.
>>
Not a fan. I still eat it from time to time, particular pork liver, pork kidney and pork blood, if that counts.
>>
Yes.

can't do #6 but not for lack of trying. it's not a flavor issue, it's texture. it's like meat flavored toothpaste.

we raise our own livestock, of many types. we eat everything but the moo. if we can't eat it, the dog does. if he won't touch it, it goes to the chickens. if chickens reject it, it's goes in the compost.
>>
>>20700140
>Liver
Yes
>Heart
Yes
>Kidneys
Yes
>Tongue
Yes
>Sweetbreads
No :(
>Brain
No :(
>Tripe
Yes
>Gizzard
Yes
>Oxtail
Yes
>Liverwurst
Yes
>>
>>20700170
Pussy
>>
>>20700140
I HAVE EATEN EVERYTHING ON THAT LIST. MOST OF IT NEEDS TO BE MARINATED IN ORDER TO TASTE GOOD.

ONE OF MY FAVORITES, WHICH IS MISSING ON THE LIST, ARE PIG FALLOPIAN TUBES
>>
Offal? More like awful.
>>
I like the way Koreans do it. Flattop grill with a propane burner and marinated or plain prepared tripe cut and cleaned into gopchang style fatty bits. Dip it in sesame oil with a little salt in it after its crispy and follow with some alcohol and cigarettes and a shouting match with some 5'5-5'6 unbridled whore on the corner.
>>
File: o6cv6fhs24d61.png (2.23 MB, 1080x1215)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
the very first item I got in RDR2 was that stupid offal, it was my companion the whole gameplay, never ate it.
>>
Shiro yakitori is the absolute best yakitori. Made with the small intestine.
>>
>>20700140
oxtails and liverwurst are good
i love Slim Jims because i believe in using every part of the animal
>>
>>20700140
Chicken hearts are very good. However i never buy them because they always come bundled with gizzards, which i dont know how to cook and dont care to learn.
>>
>>20700140
>oxtail
>offal
>>
Veal sweetbreads are unironically one of my all time favorite foods.
>>
>>20700140
The decades of brainwashing have made people to be grossed out by offal. I admit I'm also affected by it. Most of that looks gross and unappetizing, especially brain and tongue.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.