[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240723_105923.jpg (1.7 MB, 3024x4032)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
We just paid $420 for this including taxes in Ridgefield, Connecticut. Is that a good deal these days? What's the most you would pay for good BBQ?
>>
That's only maybe 80 bucks.
>>
>>20700320
It's very high quality
>>
>>20700309
fuck off with this forced meme. this is literally spam on this board
>>
>>20700309
>We just paid $420 for this including taxes in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
how much did you tip?
>>
>>20700309
What a ripoff lmao, my fake Amish preacher (he claims to be Amish but drives a brand new f250) would make that for 60 bucks and it’d be way better. Nobody cooks like an Appalachian hillbilly who lives on the top of a mountain.
>>
>>20700374
Nigga the fuck, the bill was 420 I just wrote fuck you in the tip line
>>
i like to cook ribs and i think im pretty good at it. i should enter a competition
>>
You already posted this on /pol/ a few hours ago
>>
>>20700309
This could feed like ten people so $42 each still isn't worth it imo.
>>
>>20700309
4 corn on the cobs, so this is dinner for 4? And why in hell are they vertical??

The overall bill is not an indicator of a value uinless you specify feeds ____amount of people ...

But, in appearances, the pickles and beef looks well done. The pork chicharron is a bit ethnic, so not sure if it's BBQ or latino food. I'd only be able to judge the st louis style spare ribs if it pulls nicely from the bone, but the smoke ring looks good. Sides?
>>
>>20700534
That looks like a fairly small amount of food for a regular american?
>>
>>20700309
>less than $100 of meat from the supply shop
>anon pays a 3x markup
>anon is a goyim
>>
>>20700309
Why did you feel the need to make a thread about it here when you already have a Reddit thread about it?
https://www.reddit.com/r/BBQ/comments/1e9exob/hoodoo_brown_ridgefield_ct_this_plate_fed_7/
>>
>>20700309
>Is that a good deal these days?
Fuck no.

>>20700523
Asshole. It's not the waiter's fault that the food is expensive. If you don't like the price, don't order it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you didn't know the price when you ordered, that's on you. Even when the price isn't on the menu, you have a legal right to know the price of any item before ordering it, and your server should know the price if asked. If you ask and they can't or won't tell you how much a "market price" item will cost, then don't eat there. Just leave.

Regardless of how much the restaurant is ripping you off, the waiters are still getting paid like $3 an hour before tips. In theory the management has to bring that up to minimum wage if the tips at least don't amount to that much, but most places will just fire your ass instead.
>>
>>20700309
>$420
DUDE

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.