[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: taco bell.jpg (21 KB, 640x480)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Taco Bell just opened a place near me in the UK, i tried it out (Nothing i'd write home about but fairly solid food for £8 for a box meal)

Why does Taco Bell have this reputation for being the ultimate toilet annihilation food? I mean, i'm not even remotely an iron-man when it comes to spicy food, but i have been a few times and it hasn't given me a single run of the trots yet.

Is this ONLY an American thing? Or is it specifically a meme?
>>
it is comparable in quality to other fast food restaurants, which all give customers diarrhea
taco bell is the scape goat
>>
>>20700748
Living in the UK means that anything from America will taste better than the bland slop you've been exposed to all your life, Nigel. Not even sure why they allow people from your country to post here.
>>
>>20700748
It's just a meme imo, they're not even the trashiest tex-mex place; that would be Del Taco. And I've never had a problem stomaching both
>>
File: 1579643300339.jpg (9 KB, 360x360)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>20700778
>>
>>20700808
Del Taco is a fucking delicacy compared to the slop that is Taco Bell
>>
>>20700778
seething
>>
People likely aren't getting the shits from the food, but the absolutely filthy soda fountains and ice machines.
>>
>>20700748
Most of it is just exotic beans on toast really
>>
It's because a lot of the food looks mushy, brown and greasy even before you eat it.
>>
>>20700748
>Why does Taco Bell get such a bad rep?
Because the food they serve is bad
>Why does Taco Bell have this reputation for being the ultimate toilet annihilation food?
That's a joke
>>
>>20700748
it's just low quality and sloppy, even for fast food
but because of the hot sauce and MSG it's still pretty tasty, so people eat it anyway
>>
>>20700748
the real problem is small portion sizes of cheap ingredients for ungodly prices
>>
>>20700748
prices differ per region but here in SE england they are quite expensive for what you get. the burritos are barely filled for example. its not good value for money. personally i always figured the shitting your guts out stuff wasnt due to spice but rather nogs not washing their hands, as i have yet to experience that with taco bell (and honestly rarely elsewhere too). we have better hygiene practices and food quality standards than the US
>>
Taco Bell is this strange place that we have all known about most of our lives but rarely go to. In college I went there maybe 10 times to lay low after the rapes or when drunk. I took my current wife there for our forth anniversary, and a few other times for who knows the fuck why. No one just wakes up with a hankerin for Mexican food. I still have no idea how a company exists that no one ever really wants to go to. No one wakes up wanting go eat Mexican. I have no idea why some people say kids can't consent.
>>
>>20700748
>Taco Bell just opened a place near me in the UK
See Anon, this is the issue. America has fucking SHIT food standards. Fast food is literal slop over there. You take the fast food joints into counties with better food-related laws, it gets vastly better.
>>
If Im drunk and I eat it, I will absolutely shit myself. But thats polly more of just the alcohol helping tear apart my guts. I dont usually eat it, but every now and then I get a hankering every 6 months or so for some fast food. It used to be way better many years ago and broke college students could get a shit ton of food for cheap. But with the cut backs in the amount they give you and inflated prices its not worth it anymore, aside from having a lazy day very infrequently or if Im starving and forgot to pack a lunch.
>>
>>20701715
I agree, Mcdonalds in Korea was AMAZING compared to stuff in the states.
>>
>>20701712
>to lay low after the rapes
Anon..wh..what were you doing in college..?
>>
>>20701715
Actually it's very high and many MANY man hours have been invested into research and experimenting by fast food companies more than any other food type in the history of the world. No, fast food has some of the most stringent standards we have ever set. More thought and research on taste, value and preservation techniques than any other food EVER. Mcdonalds has put more man hours into preservation and making its food the best it can be than the entire Apollo program.

Fast food in America isn't trash, it's carefully calculated, highly researched food.
>>
>>20701724
We use to have sex with girls in groups. Big groups. So we would filter in and out of places like taco bell or Roy rogers or some other fast food restaurant and keep our receipts if we were ever questioned which was pretty much never.
>>
>>20700748
they're fine.
their menu lacks variety though.
like they only use a few different ingredients and see how many different ways they can mash those ingredients together
>>
>>20701733
>sex with girls in big groups
I'm sorry anon, it's your civic duty to give us a storytime now
>>
>>20700748
>Why does Taco Bell have this reputation for being the ultimate toilet annihilation food?
Because it's good drunk food and the combination of beer, beans, and cheese can often lead to the expected flatulence and bowel movements. Also it's cheap so you tend to eat a lot which only exacerbates what was mentioned above.
>>
>>20702810
Some years ago I smoked a joint and got the munchies real bad, so went to Taco Bell down the street. I ate an entire grande meal or mixed tacos and burritos, a crunchwrap and a taco supreme. On my way home I was thirsy and decided to grab a beer. Get home, crack open the beer and take a big swig. As soon as the beer hit my guts and the taco bell already dancing around in there I was met with extreme bowl spasms and shit myself nearly instantly. Luckily my bathroom was close and no one else was home.. it was like a catalyst to an explosive chemical reaction that rivaled the power of the old gods..
>>
>>20700774
If you get the shits from other fast food places, youre just a fat fuck. Taco bell gives you the shits because their food contains chili powder, even if a small amount which is a known laxative. If you already have a crap diet, itll put you over the edge.
>>
It's just your standard cookie cutter Mexican restaurant. Burritos, tacos, Tortilla chips, salsa and hot sauces etc. The inside isn't nice though. All the seats are hard, there is no separation of the kitchen and the dining areavso you end up hearing employees curse or beeps and buzzes, and they don't dim the lights at my local one as of 2019 or so. Which really sucks because I live rural and walking in to the restaurant you get blasted with blue white fluorescent light so you can't see shit for like a minute or so and it hurts.
>>
Same thing like every other fast food place. Varying quality, most of the times i order a burrito from there there's hardly any filling and it's way overprices for what you get. If you get a good order it's fine food wise. But they are pretty notorious for uneven quality and they used to be the go to if you're hungry and want something late at night for cheap but now they're not even that cheap.
>>
>>20701712
What are those cheeky little tarts scheming? Some way to make light of adult men, no doubt. Good thing they're already in a secluded area, perfect for correctional action without interruption
>>
>>20701715
The US has the strictest food standards in the world. Which is presicely why fast food is grey chemical sludge, it is the 'safest and most consistent' consumable product that a government bureaucrat could possibly devise.
>>
>>20703350
I don't know about that there's a ton of shit we permit here that wouldn't be allowed in food anywhere else. You might be right about us having the strictest rules for slaughterhouses and stuff though because if there's a single deficiency with a cow at a slaughterhouse they'll scrap the 8 or so cows before and after it. But that's not a smart standard just a strict standard. I think some of the scandinavian countries probably have stricted food restrictions than us, they're kinda famous for that. But EU food rules are just as dumb as ours overall.
>>
>>20700748
I worked at TB through college in PacNW.
I remember getting anally annihilated for the second week I worked there. First week was fine - second week I had to spend 30 mins, half my lunch on the toilet every day - after that I was fine for years and years until I moved on.

I think it's the fiber in the beans and the corn, personally. People who don't get a lot of it eat at TB, eat a bean burrito and a few tacos, and suddenly they've eaten 3x the fiber they normally do. That MIGHT make you shit a brick OR give you a chocolate waterfall, the body doesn't like it when you rapidly change your fiber intake either way.

This is also why a lot of grunts/vets hate MREs. It's a bit more of a "you're supposed to eat these once in a while, not subside off of them entirely because you're away from the FOB for extended periods, but shit happens, in both ways" kind of thing but also a
"this package contains a third of the RDA of fiber for an adult male soldier, which is a LOT more than most people are getting, so if you eat three a day, holy shit"
>>
>>20700748
Every few years it seems the diarrhea jokes jump from Chipotle to Taco Bell to Del Taco.
>>
>>20700748
>>20700774
>>20700808
>>20702999
I wouldn't be surprised there are a lot of bacteria-ridden vegetables in fast food.
>>
>>20700748
Because the largest fast food restaurants will have the most noticeable amount of inconsistencies. It doesn't help that fast food workers are POS half the time. Then most people go to the bad taco bell, get mad, go back to it months later get mad. They're really lazy with no foresight. Always try out different taco bells, the one that makes it right will make you practically addicted.
>>
>>20703568
I've been to all the Taco Bells in my county over a few years in search of a good one and they all are run like shit. A brand management group owns them all. The one right down the street from me used to be fantastic ~10 years ago, but they were a franchise owned by a single-store owner back then. When they got bought out, the previously mentioned brand management group trained new min. wage employees and gave all the old staff the boot, and it's been sliding downhill and churning employees ever since.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.