[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hello /ck/, I am baking pies this week. To get a flaky crust I will be baking them in a metal pie pan (not disposable). However, it will be displayed, so I am planning on transferring them to a ceramic dish (that looks similar to pic related).

What should I do to best ensure the pie fits into the ceramic dish after being baked?
>>
>>20705669
Post pies
>>
>>20705669
Cram.
>>
>>20705669
the way i pronounce pies sounds like "piss"
>>
>>20705877
This is not a Cram pie.
>>
>>20705669
How will you transfer the pie? In terms of sizing you could just freeze a thin layer of water in the metal one and see if the ice fits the ceramic (might have to let the ice block rest at room temp to remove though)
>>
>>20705961
I was going to remove it using an offset icing spatula and then plop it into the ceramic dish.

It seems the only thing to "prevent" it from reaching the bottom of the ceramic dish is the crust. You think tucking the crust inside the metal pie pan is a good idea?

Like instead of making the crust on the side, just inside only like pic related
>>
>>20705966
>first bite of pecan pie
this is the best thing i ate in weeks
>fourth bite of pecan pie
this shit fucking sucks i need an ambulance
>>
>>20705669
Transfer it to a flat dish like one would serve cake on.
Ceramic pie pans suck, don't encourage them.
My crusts turn out just fine with glass, but maybe that's because I have an electric oven and the bottom element can radiate through glass as well.
>>
>>20705990
My pies do best in metal; the glass I have does not heat up enough in the center. I am using the ceramic for display, not baking.
I don't own flat dishes, I have no use for them.
>>
Maybe I will just cook them in the Ceramic and call it a day. Ceramic spreads heat evenly, but slowly...I will just have to add onto cooking time and put it over a baking sheet.
>>
File: IMG_2424.jpg (100 KB, 1200x675)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
DAE hate the thing restaurants do where they call it a meat pie or a pot pie, but then it comes out and it’s just a bowl of stew with a piece of vol-au-vent on top lazy fucking bitches
>>
>>20706070
dom't be greedy with the vol-au-vents

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.