[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do you use a food processor? Ima thinking of getting one.
>>
>>20840768
no, but i would buy a cheap hand one if you haven't exactly needed one so far
>>
I only really use my FP to make hummus and pesto.
>>
>>20841644
I just got one of those hand ones. Haven't really used it yet, I wonder if it can really puree stuff.
>>
>>20840768
Having a food processor, juicer and blender is pretty essential to being vegan.
>>
>>20840768
What’s the difference between a processor and a blender?
>>
I just got a stick blender and it does the trick for most things. Aside from that a knife and a box grater work fine. I don't think food processors are a required kitchen appliance.
>>
>>20841932
a blender is more for liquidy ingredients while a food processor is good for chopping of stuff like vegetables or cutting butter into flour and often have accessories for slicing or grating stuff as well
>>
>>20840768
I've got a Vitamix blender and thinking of getting a food processor attachment, but it costs as much as a good food processor.
>>
>>20841932
Blender mixes, food processor chops
>>
>>20840768
hummus
grate cheese
chop nuts
slice potatoes for gratin
prep veg for vegetable lasagne
other shit like that

not much but it is worth it if not poor
>>
Buy a 10+ cup one. I got an 8 cup one and have been regretting it for years. 8 cups is not shit in the grand scheme of things and is basically "small" size. I'd go for 12 cup or larger next time.

I own the 8 cup version of the one in the OP.
>>
>>20841940
I used to think this until I got one and realized I could turn 15 minutes of grating potatoes into 30 seconds of throwing them into the pit of despair
>>
>>20840768
I bought a refurbished vitamix. Cost a lot like any good tool. I love it. Still prefer my Jack lalanne power juicer for carrots and celery
>>
>>20840768
I use mine for
>soups (although immersion blenders are better)
>mayo
>chopping cabbage
>slicing meat
>shredding cheese
>making meatballs
>chopping nuts
>grating/slicing carrots
>chopping up potatoes
probably a bunch of other stuff I don’t recall now. I would say it doesn’t necessarily save me time- it just lets me make more food or more complex recipes. And it’s better when you’re using it for multiple times for a meal.
>>
File: 1637340892335~01.jpg (13 KB, 267x216)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
you FUCKING idiots. PROCESSED FOOD BAD! Have you learned NOTHING?!
>>
>mogs modern technique in your path
>>
>>20844151
The biggest problem is that it takes more effort to clean the food processor than the time it saves compared to manual tools. It's just not a very practical tool unless you are cooking huge portions.

>>soups (although immersion blenders are better)
>>mayo
immersion blender is also better for mayo
>>chopping cabbage
takes 30 seconds to chop with a knife
>>slicing meat
knife
>>shredding cheese
maybe if you need to shred a kilogram of cheese
>>making meatballs
it's not a good substitute for a meat grinder
>>chopping nuts
knife
>>grating/slicing carrots
knife or grater
>>chopping up potatoes
knife
>>
>>20840768
Yes, I cut vegetable in it and make dough. Love it.
>>
>>20841782
I see, no wonder i never felt the need for one.
>>
>>20844539
Yeah, I’m not using it when I’m making 2-3 servings of food. I bust it out when I’m making 2-3 cabbages of slaw, or 3-4 pizzas, a bunch of pesto, etc. Or if every component of my meal can in some way use it. Mine is dishwasher safe, so I just slam it in there when I’m done. Meat grinders and immersion blenders are better for what you listed, but I don’t have those.
>>
>>20844158
You know full well thats not what people mean when they say "processed" you pedantic assbarrel.
>>
>>20840768
yes its in the SINK
and you dont eat it its just washed down the drain
>>
>>20841932
To add to the other responses, although you can make some foods in either a blender or a food processor, in my experience the processor makes it easier to get goopy/pasty foods like hummus out with less mess and less waste.
>>
>appropriately behaving like how to even ... i am fuckin HANGRY like a weirdo thats been brutalized for centuries
effin like bruh i need some ice cream bro

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.