[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: coca-tea.jpg (497 KB, 4000x2345)
497 KB
497 KB JPG
coca cola uses de-cocained coca leaves in its drink, and i am trying to find a good substitute to replicate the taste of it so i can add it to my soda syrups. it has been described as tasting like either yerba mate or green tea, but i want to know if any of you have tried it so you can tell me which substitute is closest to the flavor
>>
>>20840837
Buy some teabags from Colombia. They're legal, but use the leaves or whatever.
>>
Buy some seeds online and grow a shrub in your kitchen.
>>
>>20840867
i don't know if i am getting the real thing since it IS illegal to import it regardless of what purpose it's for unless you are a pharmacy company. scammers can use that as an excuse to sell me something that looks similar for a premium
>>
>>20840837
What's your source that they still use it as a flavoring?
>>
>>20841057
Look it up you lazy fuck. They buy a decocainized extract from Stepan and Stepan sells all the cocaine to Mallinckrodt.
>>
>>20841214
Sorry, I'm not taking your word without proof.
>>
>>20841214
>just look up the recipe that is famously secret
>>
>>20841247
>>20841318
nta but this has been known for decades
https://www.nytimes.com/1988/07/01/business/how-coca-cola-obtains-its-coca.html
>inb4 >jew york times
>>
>>20842090
>>inb4 >jew york times
sigh
>>
>>20840907
>it IS illegal to import it
Is it really? Its just a plant
>>
>>20840837
>coca cola uses de-cocained coca leaves in its drink
That hasn't been true for decades
>>
>>20842347
so are opium poppies but they're federally illegal to grow

"it's just a plant" is like saying "it's just a poison dart frog." there are many things in nature that are so harmful that you can hurt other people by possessing them. for every 1 dork looking to replicate coca cola you have a million criminals looking to make bathtub cocaine. and the last thing a country thats actively dying of heart failure needs is more stimulants.
>>
>>20842349
coca cola uses de-cocained leaves currently. what hasn't been true for decades is them using regular cocaine containing leaves.

Also this is easily searchable and you are a dumb fuck for believing falsehood and an even bigger dumb fuck for repeating it in a public forum
>>
>>20842403
he's just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>20841247
>>20841057
>>20841318
>>20842429

The enReddification of 4chan
>>
>>20842347
It's the root of a schedule 2 drug. You can import it, but you need a certificate to do it and they don't give them out. It's one of those Government Catch 22s. Mallinckrodt legally imports a specified amount a year to create drugs that are primarily used for eye surgery, the decocainized leaves are then sold to Coca Cola.
This basically happens everywhere coca cola is made and that's how it gets the flavor.
>>
anyone know where to get coke
brad
>>
>>20842391
how about you let adults do what they want and stop being such a baby back bitch

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.