[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Couldn't even sell my grill pan for 5 bucks. People have realised those stripes meant shit and meat needs plain surface, high temp and resting.
>>
>>20845779
It's so good for burgers, lobstre tails, veggies of every ilk, and I'm gonna just say it - chicken too, especially legs and thighs but also bress.

It's not the best to slap a steak on but it has it's use. I love my grillpan.
>>
>>20845779
It's 100% a gimmick. Doesn't cook anything better than a normal pan, and only exists to pointlessly imitate grill marks. Might as well draw on the grill marks with a marker at that point.
>>
I prefer mine for pork chops
>>
>>20845779
i hate this shit, can't get maillard reaction. bitch to clean too.
>>
>>20845914
>'t get maillard
of course you can
>>
>>20845917
few stripes don't count. i don't like eating grey steaks
>>
File: grillpin.jpg (155 KB, 1146x600)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>20845921
it's not for stæk anon we can agree on that. but it's good for lots of things.
>>
>not using griddle pan for sardines
grim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOzNc2OK5sQ
>>
>>20845779
I like actual grill marks.
>>
>>20847778
i bet when you sit on a park bench in the sun you get grill marks on your ass
>>
I don't care about the stipes, I just like that it keeps fatty food from soaking in it's own grease while cooking. Also makes it easy to pour out the grease.
>>
>>20845779
You're supposed to pre-heat them in the oven at 550 or thereabouts
You were using it wrong (assuming it was cast iron and not shitty aluminum)
>>
>>20847822
I bet you think fat intake makes you fat.
I bet you think saturated fat causes atherosclerosis.
Pathetic.
>>
File: IMGP3116.jpg (1.05 MB, 2048x1362)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>20847825
I preheat mine on the stove but I give it a lot of time, so the whole thing gets nice and hot and as evenly so as possible. You know it's time to rock enroll when the handle is just almost too hot to grab with your bare hand
>>
File: images (1) (12).jpg (8 KB, 164x308)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>20847844
It's a proven fact that fat goes directly into the bloodstream where it goes to the brain and makes it retarded.
That's why there's so many fat retards out there now, fat was just invented in the 1960s.
>>
>>20847844
No silly, I don't like the taste / greasy texture of meat that's been floating in its own fat. Charcoal grills are the best for getting rid of the fat while keeping flavor and juices, but that's a different thread. Also fat will promote gallstones.
>>
>>20847855
is this why cows are such dum-dums? because all their critical development is powered by pure buttermilk
>>
>>20845779
>resting meat
SHIGGY DIGGY DOO
>>
>>20845924
look at the lack of maillard reaction on that thing
>>
>>20847910
>I don't like the taste of fat
What the fuck is wrong with you?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.