[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5805.jpg (92 KB, 982x1024)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Isnt it kinda gay that chefs larp as if they’re the military?
>>
>>20846997
Everything chefs do is gay
>>
>>20846997
No. It's simple organization for a business. R u retarded?
>>
>>20847004
Does that require screaming and assaulting coworkers? No? Then shut up
>>
>>20846997
Which one is the line cook? I don't see a guy with a cigarette.
>>
>>20846997
Executive chef thinking about those birds
>>
File: 1604327418546.png (195 KB, 231x313)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>20847010
>he couldn't handle the heat
>>
>>20846997
>The black guy gets the job of poisoner
>>
>>20847327
I'm not sure I trust that commie with a knife.
>>
>>20847000
fpbp
>>
File: lincoln osiris.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>20846997
y'know i was a saucier down in san antone
>>
>>20846997
>if your workplace has a leadership structure it's "larping as if they're the military"
have you ever even observed a workplace?
this board consistently has the most dysfunctional retards out of any I post on
>>
>>20847443
>if your workplace has a leadership structure it's "larping as if they're the military"
when my boss or supervisor asks me to do a job, I don't need to scream CHEF YES CHEF like some kind of recruit
>>
>>20847447
you're just a fucking retard with some sheltered workshop job like assembling boxes
imagine how useful a spoken confirmation of an order is in a busy, frantic paced workplace where the people involved might be looking away
I work in marine and I have to repeat back and acknowledge orders because it's important
>>
>>20847461
>I work in marine and I have to repeat back and acknowledge orders because it's important
Yeah I'm sure your job at the aquarium is so important and that's why your boss makes you address them with honorific titles.
>>
>>20847461
I've sorted corn for a job. I can't think of a job where you didn't confirm an order given by a supervisor. That's why you acknowledge you heard something and who you heard it from.
>>
>>20847484
I accept your concession
>>
>>20847488
>I've sorted corn cobs for a job.
let me guess, the small ones fit in your mouth and the big ones fit up your ass
>>
almost every workplace is structured like the military. it's more accurate to say that the military is structured like an effective workplace.
>>
File: Pantsu.png (247 KB, 693x601)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>20847514
No, enjoy your mutant corn though. I wish I could have brought home some of the horrors.
>>
>>20847522
if its anything like potatoes you occasionally get one that looks like an aborted fetus, bubbling with maggots.
>>
>>20847522
I worked at an abbatoir for a while too just out of school for a bit of money, had to put the uteri down a chute or the calves if the uterus broke and some of that was bizarre

(guess what we had there too, a leadership structure, busy noisy environment where we had to repeat and acknowledge orders)
>>
>>20847536
It's weird to have to sign a bunch of NDAs to help with corn, but this is breeding seed crop. Some just came out like an old Pimp Your Ride Meme with colors table corn should never be and I'll leave it at that? Yo dog we put corn on your corn on your corn so you can get scared as shit at this tentacle corn.
>>
My job is easy as shit.
I work in the lab.
I do the tests.
Sometimes my boss goes "hey can you do [other test] instead?"
I say yup and do it.

No saluting and military terminology necessary.
>>
>>20847549
>My job is easy as shit.
>I work in the lab.
so maybe this shit that's practical in a fast paced noisy environment doesn't apply to you, fucking idiot
ever wonder why you're still just running tests?
>No saluting
they don't do that in the kitchen either dickhead
> and military terminology necessary.
do you retards also go on /sp/ every olympics and mald about the "chef de mission"?
>>
>>20846997
That's where you're wrong, bucko, it's not a larp
>>
Kitchens don't run like this anymore, at least not in the USA
It's all been heavily simplified
Also one thing you have to realise is that a lot of cooks and chefs at the time of the professional kitchen's development had served in the army
>>
Isn't it kinda gay that this goofball meme keeps being spouted here, no matter how many times it's explained to you? Not that you're even a human, I've come to the realization that I'm arguing with bots all day. But like, the guy who programmed a few bots to make these threads? That guy is 100% a faggot with a gaping asshole dripping cum and shit and blood.
>>
>>20847549
You're going to receive extreme seethe from people who can't cope that better paid jobs also have better conditions and require less work. Sure glad I quit being a line cook and went to college lmao
>>
>>20846997
Yes but the military is also mega gay
t. 10 years restaurant, 5 years mil
>>
>>20847704
In white collar work, they rarely yell at you. Instead, you get the passive agressive "yeah, I'm gonna need you to come to work on Saturday" smirk while your boss goes off golfing. Arguably this is even worse than yelling. At least you know the yelling is honest.
>>
>>20847010
Is that you, Kenji?
>>
>>20846997
>poisoner
>>
File: 1416795486039.png (601 KB, 603x499)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
>>20847519
>prostitution is the oldest job in the world
>the military is structured like the hoe/pimp business model
>>
>>20847447
Kitchens are loud, you dumb faggola.
>>
Speaking stuff in French outside of France is gay
>>
>>20849010
You’re gay.
>>
>>20849050
But I'm not french
>>
Grill Sargeant

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.