[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20241018_135345.jpg (2.18 MB, 4032x1908)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
lots of slop and junk threads, needs moar fruits and salads.
its mango season in australia, what do you like to do with them besides chilled and sliced? for me
>with vanilla ice cream with some boysenberry jam
>fruit smoothies with oranges and/or various melons or other tropical fruits (i like some of the canned lychees and jackfruits you can get from asian grocers)
seen some people put them in salads, ive only started putting sliced granny smith apples in my salad and its great but i think mangoes might be too sweet for it? what do you think
>>
>>20915075
mango salsa is really good with pork or jerk chicken
>>
>>20915075
I can't eat citrus or my liver will fail and I can't not have it because I'll get scurvy
Such is life
>>
>>20915075
Ate some watermelon today.
>>
I prefer raisins over grapes.
>>
>>20915075
Mango sticky rice is pretty good, and I like dried mango.

>>20915085
Is it something besides the Vitamin C in citrus? I have a couple scoops of citric acid in water every day if that’s an alternative.
>>
I had a banana and a nice juice McIntosh apple today
>>
>>20915075
Ever tried durian before? I had some when I was in China and have always wanted some in the west. Wish it were possible to get here
>>
love to see what fruits yous are noshing on
>>20915077
hm yeah ive seen that when people make mexican style meals and mango salsa side, seems like an interesting flavour bomb
>>20915085
then how do you get your citrus? vitamin c tabs?
>>20915255
i have! i tried it on a trip to vietnam/thailand, people make a lot of the smell but honestly when youre in these south east asian countries and have been eating local it aint the craziest smell out there lol its honestly something would go great with vanilla ice cream but asians prefer to eat it by itself usually, what country are you in? here in aus ive seen them in asian grocers also
>>
>>20915402
>mexican style meals and mango salsa side, seems like an interesting flavour bomb
it's great, mango goes with spicy surprisingly well. in LatAm and SEA it's common to eat mangos with chili powder or sauce.

I had some raspberries today. my favourite fruit probably. they've been cheap this month which is great. I like to have them on an english muffin with nutella. as a treat now and then.
>>
>>20915075
>moar fruits and salads
that's just as bad as the junk. we need moar meat.
>>
>granny smith
inedible trash
>>
>>20915075
Ice cream and sticky rice
Don‘t knock it until you tried it
>>
>>20915583
Those are for making pie not raw consumtion anon
>>
>>20915583
>>20915615
whaat granny smith are the best apple
>>
File: 61OIYQo0YPL._SL1200_.jpg (114 KB, 1200x1200)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>20915075
>i think mangoes might be too sweet for it?
You just need lots of strong flavours. It goes well in a greek style salad.
Im addicted to unsweetened dried mango slices.
>>
>>20915075
Saw green grapefruits at the store today (they looked like giant limes). QRD?
>>
>>20915402
I'm in California. They have durian in some Asian stores but they're always garbage. It's almost a scam - you can't tell they're bad until you buy them and open them. Costs about $60 and tastes like trash
>>
>>20915671
They are addictive. This is a common thing. I've been off it for a while, but there were times I'd buy a family size bag and eat it in 3 days.
>>
>>20915615
why cant granny smith apples be for eating raw? theyre the best for raw

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.