[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: orange-e1553814830925.jpg (21 KB, 445x299)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>ferrous sulfate
>thiamin mononitrate
>riboflavin
>folic acid

These four additives are added to almost all ready-to-go food stuffs. What I want to know is... why?
>>
>>20920116
Because of shelf life fatso.
>>
probably the most common nutrient deficiencies. if we didn't fortify food then people would be dying from subsisting on sandwiches and instant noodles.

I did learn recently that reduced iron is added to cereal for shelf life though and is practically indigestable since its already a poor iron source and milk further prevents iron absorption.
>>
>>20920124
>shelf life
lmao they're vitamins you mouth breather
>>
>>20920132
Then why did you ask if you already knew the answer young lady?
>>
>>20920166
Did you ask your math teacher that in high school, retard.
>>
> if we didn't fortify food then people would be dying from
this is why everyone in human history who was born before the invention of riboflavin is dead today.
>>
>>20920245
>we
lol you ain't doing shit
>>
>>20920264
where did he say "we" faggot? holy shit, what kind of inbred chromosome deficient idget gas huffing narcoleptic did you pop out of? learn to green text ay there little buddy?
>>
>>20920323

>>20920245
> if we
>>
>>20920343
>reddit spacing
>green texting the guy before him
get a head xray bro because you're 3/4 short on grey matter
>>
>>20920347
Dude, you've been heavily huffing farts if you don't understand.
>>
>>20920355
wew look at this bart simpson edge master. you ripped me one bro, wow, I'm hurting you dumb faggot. maybe make your posts a little more linear so you capture the third person prose correctly and the thread continuity isn't disparaged by your lack of consistency
>>
>>20920116
I add ferrous sulfate to the gallic acid I extract from oak galls to make ink. Reacts damn near instantly. I guess it's just in food to prevent iron deficiency, which is a bad way to go.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.