[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hq720.jpg (49 KB, 686x386)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
what are some good Wally West runs to read?
>>
>>143323062
Wally actually has mostly all great runs as the Flash. The original Messner-Loebs run to the most recently finished Adams run‚ they are all pretty good.
>>
i liked him on the jla
>>
Wally's stint as FLash consists of

>Baron
>Messner-Loebs
>Waid
>Morrison/Millar
>Johns
>some decent filler before the book was cancelled by Infinite Crisis
>after Bart's stint as Flash was shitty and failed Waid did some more Wally

And then new 52 hit and Wally was retconned out of existence
Then 2021 hit and Wally was Flash again which consists of
>Adams
>Spurrier

tbf you can straight up read all of Flash vol 2 (1987-2008) as one long story of a guy who grows up to surpass his mentor.

Baron's run, Waid's 2nd run, and Spurrier are the only ones that aren't good, but even then Baron's and Waid's 2nd run aren't really BAD bad, more mediocre bad. the former mostly just wrote Wally like a douchebag which is jarring. And Messner-Loebs' run is very down to earth, speedforce hadn't been invented yet, but it has good character moments because the writer used Baron's Wally's douchebagness as an opportunity for character development and his run is where Linda and Piper are introduced as his supporting cast.
So if you want to skip straight into speedforce and Flashfamily shit then you can just start at Waid's first run. The first arc is Wally's origin.
>>
>>143323062
>>143324175
I've read some Waid, Morrison/Millar, Adams, and Spurrier. None of them were very good. Morrison/Millar was the most interesting.
>>
I mean there's not that much to read, just start with the beginning
>>
>>143325553
There's way too much for any sane man to read.
>>
>>143326346
Sir, you are trying to follow superhero comics.
We left sanity behind in 1985.
>>
>>143323062
Volume 2 is pretty in general. The Waid run is the peak, but it's worth reading pretty much the whole thing.
>>
>>143324175
>>143324304
>>143326657
the Waid run SUCKS
>>
File: evur.jpg (119 KB, 320x400)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>143323062
Fastest thing > Fastest man
>>
You'd expect him to have at least one good run, because running is his superpower and shit, but no.
>>
>>143324304
Spurrier always sucks so there’s that.
>>
>>143324304
>>143327290
You sound like the type of faggot who enters cape threads just to decry the genre and only ever read watchmen and saga of the swamp thing
>>
>>143324175
Personally I always felt Flash in general was a pretty consistent hero. There have less than stellar runs here or there but it's rare a run is unreadable. The Bart run is probably the worst of it all.
>>
>>143328451
>only ever read watchmen and saga of the swamp thing
I just listed what I read.
>>
>>143323062
Legit read his entire original run, even the Baron stuff. Most of it is already collected in trade form aside from Loebs stuff which are issues 15-61. It’s a very consistent run that sees Wally go from a self centered, womanizing shitter to a heroic family man, and it establishes a lot of Flash’s modern mythos for good or bad but are executed well where they were introduced.
>>
>>143328451
People here don’t know what they actually want.
>>
>>143328982
What are you talking about?
>>
>>143329153
What?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.