[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GLxbcskXIAE2MtT.jpg (438 KB, 1027x1521)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
Insiders are going wild since the trailer dropped, here's the quick rundown.

>Wade has given up being Deadpool and is working as a car salesman. He and Vanessa broke up after losing their baby, and she is now dating someone else.
>During Wade’s surprise birthday party, the TVA captures him, and Agent Paradox recruits Wade to kill Cassandra Nova, Professor Xavier’s evil twin sister.
>Cassandra Nova has taken over the Void where the TVA dumps unwanted timelines by mind-controlling Alioth, the TVA’s time-eating monster, and is now planning to escape and conquer the Multiverse.
>Wade must recruit Wolverine to help him. After circling through a couple of variants played by popular fancasts (Henry Cavill, Daniel Radcliffe, Taron Egerton, Karl Urban), he lands on the Hugh Jackman version.
>This Logan is from neither the Fox-Verse nor the Logan-Verse, but a similar universe where he failed to save the X-Men and is now a depressed drunk. These X-Men wore comics-accurate costumes, and Logan dusts off his blue-and-yellow suit in their honor.
>Sounds like Paradox betrays Deadpool and Wolverine and tries to have them killed in the Void, but they survive and begrudgingly team up to stop Cassandra Nova. Unclear whether Paradox is in league with her or following his own agenda.
>Cassandra Nova commands an army of Fox-Verse villains include Sabretooth, Toad, Pyro, Azazel and Lady Deathstrike, among others. Their headquarters is Ant-Man’s skull.
>Cassandra Nova loves killing Xavier variants and collects their wheelchairs as trophies. She has also killed Magnetos and hoards their telepathy-blocking helmets so her enemies can’t use them against her.
>Deadpool and Wolverine link up with a Resistance, which includes Dafne Keen’s X-23, Channing Tatum’s Gambit, Jennifer Garner’s Elektra and Chris Evans’s Human Torch, among others. Human Torch dies pretty quickly, but the others actually have somewhat substantial roles.

1/2
>>
File: GLxbc6gXsAAEdsT.jpg (894 KB, 1382x2048)
894 KB
894 KB JPG
>Deadpool and Wolverine meet Chadpool and Dogpool in the Void. Chadpool dies pretty early, and Deadpool takes his gold-plated Desert Eagles (seen in the trailer).
>That scene from the trailer where Wolverine says “trust me, kid. I’m no hero” is after X-23 tells him about how her father sacrificed himself to save the mutant kids.
>That scene from the trailer where Wolverine is by the graves of the X-Men is a psychic illusion created by Cassandra Nova to fuck with him.
>At some point, Cassandra Nova uses the sling ring of a Doctor Strange variant she has killed to open dimensional portals, and there’s a big fight scene where Deadpool and Wolverine fight her across universes.
>Deadpool eventually gets the ring and, in a parody of the portals scene from Avengers: Endgame, assembles the Deadpool Corps: Lady Deadpool played by Blake Lively, Headpool (who is the severed head of the X-Men Origins: Wolverine Deadpool), Kidpool, Babypool and a couple of others.
>Wolverine decapitates Sabretooth, and Headpool attaches itself to his headless corpse and manages to control it.
>Hunter B-15 from the Loki series appears in the end to arrest Paradox. Loki himself might make an appearance as well.
>The movie establishes that each universe has an "Anchor Entity", a being so important that their death causes the universe to slowly decay and ultimately die.
>There is a twist that is played as a joke in the movie but actually has huge implications for the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse.

2/2
>>
>>143327971
>Lady Deadpool
Gwenpool?
>>
>>143328164
Different characters
>>
>>143328164
No you idiot, he Lady Deadpool. Wanda Wilson
>>
>>143327965
>>143327971
DOES WOLVERINE WEAR THE MASK OR NOT?
>>
>>143328417
Yes.
>>
>>143328417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WpBf2O7whw
>>
>>143328460
For how many minutes.
>>
This sounds horrible but the hogs want their slop.
>>
File: hopium.png (71 KB, 184x143)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>143327965
>>143327971
half of this was leaked last year and 1/3 was confirmed in the trailer. believeable

just hope we see channing in gambit's 90's uniform and maybe the fox-men variant all with their comic accurate costumes. to this day I hope this shit is true
>>
>>143327965
>This Logan is from neither the Fox-Verse nor the Logan-Verse, but a similar universe where he failed to save the X-Men and is now a depressed drunk. These X-Men wore comics-accurate costumes, and Logan dusts off his blue-and-yellow suit in their honor.
OK, strange choice. Why not have him be from a previous universe?
>>
>>143327965
Is the film at least decent (by Deadpool standards)?
It sounds alright
>>
>>143330365
I thought the Fox-verse Wolverine was the same as Old Man Logan, and he's dead. Or am I wrong?
>>
This is the movie that somehow makes it so mutants exist in the prime MCU, right?
>>
>>143330556
fox-verse has more than one variant
logan from x2-3 is the same from the wolverine. logan from origins is another one. logan from days of future past is technically the same from deadpool 1 and 2 (past). logan from days of future past (future) is the same from logan

and so on
>>
>>143328509
Just long enough for them to quip about how dumb it looks before he throws it away and doesn't wear it for the rest of the movie
>>
...Hugh Jackman will always remain Wolverine, won't he? Isn't he tired already?
>>
>>143330963
I’m sure the tens of millions of dollars help him sleep better
>>
>>143330963
He was going to but he and Ryan are friends so he offered to come back as him one last time for the fun of it and to bring things kinda full circle.
>>
File: GLzy6t8W4AAzDnw.jpg (101 KB, 2048x854)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>143330963
>Ryan, why are we shooting all my scenes first?
>>
>>143329282
>to this day I hope this shit is true

It isn't.
>>
File: 1712667608274159m.jpg (74 KB, 1024x1024)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Why does Feige insists on re-introducing the F4 as jokes? He has a movie in the making he wants people to see, right?
>>
>>143332198
No, he has a point to prove which is he's better than Fox
>>
im still amazed how this "leaks" dont know something called BUDGET
>>
>>143327971
>Cassandra Nova uses the sling ring of a Doctor Strange variant she has killed to open dimensional portals

Since when can Sling Rings travel across the Multiverse? I know mordo said multiverse in the first movie, but it was thought to be shit like the dark dimension and shit not actually alt timeline shit. If Sling Rings could always do that, then what was the point of America Chavez or anything with Doctor Strange 2? Why wouldn't Doctor Strange or Ned have used a Sling Ring to send everyone home during no way home then?

also why can Cassandra just use a Sling Ring? it requires training or natural magical inclination. you can maybe chop this one up to Cassandra absorbing the knowledge necessary from a Magic user
>>
>>143332730
>why can Cassandra just use a Sling Ring
the same reason tom hollands fat asian friend can just pick one up and use one.
cuz movies.
>>
>>143332604
It's probably $200M-$250M, same as all MCU movies.
>>
>>143332730
>natural magical inclination

Stephen said Ned seemed to have a natural affinity for it which is why he was able to use the Sling Ring after a short while of fucking with it. not a perfect explanation but at least there is one
>>
>>143332955
oops meant to reply to
>>143332865
>>
>>143330721
What abput the Logan from X1?
>>
>The movie establishes that each universe has an "Anchor Entity", a being so important that their death causes the universe to slowly decay and ultimately die.
Great, more reason for the common man, too not even bother getting out of bed, too flip burgers in his multiverse if your whole existence is tied to some special chucklefuck who gets to go on epic adventures.
Dont we get enough of that from reality? Rich people going on vacations across the world while cripples work in sweat shops.
And what happens to that universe when said chucklefuck dies of old age? Does it pick a new entity? It's just too stupid a premise and makes me lose what little interest i had left in this genre...
>>
>>143333259
Fuck off pinko
>>
>>143329282
>all with their comic accurate costumes
All superhero movies should do this. I mean, just publish a photoshoot with the actors wearing those costumes for shits and giggles.
>>
Multiverse bullshit is autistic as fuck
>>
>>143334116
Ehh there’s general merit to some of what they say — speaking out against nihilistic sentiments or the faux-superiority of the so-called “better” (celebrities, politicians, etc.) isn’t bad and shouldn’t be forced into some box of a political dichotomy
>>
>>143327971
>There is a twist that is played as a joke in the movie but actually has huge implications for the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse.

Deadpool remarks how much Thanos looks like Cable, misses his friend and brings Thanos back to life and keeps calling him Cable.
>>
>>143333259
I feel the same, doing some "the destiny of a single universe depends on this chosen one" is dumb as fuck at this point in the MCU
>>
>>143327971
Is it that Spider-Man is the true "Anchor Entity" from the MCU and Deadpool thought he was that hero the whole movie? You know, a joke where the two are red caped heroes with white eyes.
The "Spidey is the chosen one of the MCU" has been a leak for a while now
>>
Jesus, Disney has double & tripled down on alternate timelines and variants haven't they. This shit only works when it's rare and Disney is just making the same mistake of milking it until it's dry
>>
>>143334558
>Spidey is the chosen one of the MCU
I hate it, the most contrived way to give Peter relevance in the cosmic side of things, after having two movies about doing street level things and one with multiverse shit where it was less about achieving some great feat and more about fixing a fuck up. Literally just because Spider-Man is the most popular character.
>>
>>143334636
We're actually watching history repeat itself with Marvel in real time
Next is going to be Marvel banking everything on X-Men
>>
>>143334700
Yes, it's awful, but MCU fans will eat it up just because they love that Spidey. And so both the company and fans lock themselves into the inevitable doom of the MCU with awful decisions fueled by fanservice
>>
>>143334307
>>143334558
I reckon Deadpool retcons himself and his supporting cast into the MCU, which does have some big implications as the X-Men exist in his world.
>>
File: skeletor-mirror.gif (2.19 MB, 400x300)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB GIF
>>143327965
>He and Vanessa broke up after losing their baby, and she is now dating someone else.

Nope fuck this.
>>
>>143328164
Shit bait anon apply yourself come on.

I mean we all knew this movie was gonna be kino. Both actors are giga chads(even if he's not a manlet which is totally one of wolverines most important traits. Movie Logan is still a chad) and would refuse for the scripts to be shit. The fact its dunking on fox&xman movies is funny yet cringe. This better be done well and not forced in Disney shit, hell this movie better be poking fun of the MCU and the mouse in general for being hot garbage that got lucky. Suckering in normalfags to blow so much money at every movie release making disney bank. When all they have been doing is constantly losing money. While also buying up companies and killing them on par with microsoft when they take over companies.

I mean its deadpool and Ryan Reynolds. Dude is a comic,cartoon,anime and vidya fan he is able to take the piss about himself. He's made massive money yet still takes on roles while making sure stuff isn't hot garbage to the best of his power. Everyone wants to know what this means for deadpool/Ryan in the future if he's still got it and can act as deadpool. But like considering marvel movies are 99% green screen and acting doubles. And dude wants to do all his stunts&scenes but is constantly refused(due to accounting reasons stunt double is paid 1/1000ths of the actor yet the company gets paid millions because pedowood is corrupt and these movie budgets are all bullshit lies so not only do they refuse to pay any taxes, but get tax breaks and states/countries PAYING THEM to film in X area. God I hope with the streaming/pedowood crash coming soon. We shoah all these boomer companies government forces closure of monopolies cuts all tax BS and all pedowood account BS movies start using real practial effects again no more shitty CGI for everything no more 500m budgets no more paying actors retarded amounts no more "union" bullshit forcing everyone to join their fake orgs or they get no work)
>>
>>143334750
Isn't Cable in the future?
>>
>143334941
Go back to /r/e/d/d/i/t/ and stay there retard
>>
>>143327965
>Ant-Man’s skull
No, not the Sexiest Man Alive of 2021!
>>
File: Deadpool Post Credits.jpg (326 KB, 1080x1350)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>143327971
Is Tobey in the post-credits with the Pizza joke?
>>
>>143327971
>a Doctor Strange variant she has killed
Probably the one that was never seen in the Raimiverse for legal reasons
>>
>>143327965
so no quicksilver? fucks sake.
>>
>>143335267
Let's not overanalyze what was clearly just a throwaway joke.
>>
Chosen One shit is retarded. What if Tony Stark's Infinity Gauntlet reproduction failed? What if Ant Man never came back to provide the technology to make it possible? What if Captain America failed to stop Hydra's helicarrier genocide? What if, what if, what if down the fucking line. Every single event up to the point of the Chosen One being born or even relevant hinges on extremely important events playing through successfully to even have them be relevant in the first place, so you can damn near reason that every person that was pivotal up to that point was some kind of Chosen One.
>>
>>143335769
>Chosen One

The term is "main character". What if Tony just fucking dies when the Ten Rings attack? No Iron Man, no Avengers, no MCU.
>>
>>143333221
the best hair
but yes, x1, x2 and x3
>>
>>143334181
easy marketing and really cheap

all we need to see is them in comic-book accurate costumes making poses
>>
>>143327965
So sick of multiverse garbage. Only shit eaters enjoy it.
>>
>>143336446
I like multiverse stuff when it's done right and isn't just "we couldn't think of an actual plot, here's a bunch of stuff you remember".
>>
>>143335812
Fury would definitely go through some kind of initiative, just without Tony. Steve is still on ice, but SHIELD recovered him, Clint and Natasha are also still working for them, Thor is still being an arrogant prince on Asgard so he'll be tossed to Midgard to learn some humility, and Banner is still out there. They'd just find some other egghead to fill the role of Iron Man as the team's engineer.
>>
>>143336503
That's literally what No Way Home was though.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (89 KB, 1708x1146)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>143327965
wolverine with a mustache doesnt sit with me
>>
>>143332557
>Pedro Pascal
>Girl Surfer
Well he's already off to a bad start.
>>
>>143330365
To properly adapt Old Man Logan.
>>
>>143336772
That's not a mustache, it's just a five o'clock shadow.
>>
>>143336644
You've gotta see it as less like being the chosen one of destiny and more like being a load bearing column of the narrative. Knock it out and the whole building collapses.
>>
>>143328709
this, shit sounds like the usual capeshit and nothing is really accomplished
>>
>after losing their baby

Oh, what a fucking cheap shortcut to pathos. May as well put "WE WROTE OURSELVES INTO A CORNER LAST TIME" at the start of the script in big neon letters.
>>
The Anchor Entity thing is just Molecule Man without Molecule Man.
>>
>>143328164
thankfully no, shit fucking character needs to fuck off forever
>>
>>143327971
Stark comes back in the post credits. Someone already leaked the twist
>>
Man they really like to cheapen the concept of multiverse huh.
>>
>>143327971
And that twist is...?
>>
headpool popcorn bucket
>>
>>143341406
Iron man is alive, Deadpool undoes his death in Endgame
>>
>>143341406
Nobody knows yet. The popular theory is that Deadpool retcons mutants into the MCU.
>>
>>143327971
Oh fuck I guess that confirms the "Prime Universe" version of characters since Marvel Studios wants the MCU to be 616
>>
>>143333259
Agree but given it's Deadpool the entire movie is breaking the 4th wall. Anchor entity = main character
>>
>>143327965
>lost Vanessa and baby
Love that marvel movies are adapting the shittiest traits of comics, namely this inability to change the status quo.
>>
Write jokes you expect in the movie, or write Deadpool's first interactions with MCU characters in later movies
>Entering the skull of Scott Lang
>"Hey by the way, do you have any of those pimp particles lying around? I'm looking to downsize my junk for the sake of women everywhere"
>>
>>143342347
Speaking of 4th walls, anyone else vaguely interested in seeing Wade interact with She-Hulk since they have the same perception?
>>
>>143342418
Depends but yes if she gets recast or better cgi desu.
>>
>>143342434
I actually don't hate She-Hulk
>>
>>143330935
Damnit. Why not wear it for the finale to honor his friends?
>>
>>143327965
Will Wolverine don more than one Mask?
>>
>>143330935
Why not wear it for the final battle and have it be destroyed during that?
>>
>>143327965
What was added during Reshoots?
>>
>>143334479
>destiny relies on a chosen one
That's not what it said though just that there's an 'Anchor entity'
The twist at the end is that the MCU's anchor is Stan Lee's last cameo and his death is leading towards the destruction of the universe until a replacement can be found (Secret wars)
>>
>>143342617
Were there reshoots? Pretty sure they were mostly finished once the strikes started so there shouldn't have been much time
>>
>>143332198
I'm convinced Hollywood just hates the F4 for no reason like how Marvel civilians hate mutants for no reason considering how all their movies have turned out.
>>
>>143342408
They're definetely going to make a crack about Olivia Munn turning down the Vanessa role (for it being "weak") to be Psylocke where she didn't say or do anything.
>>
>>143342665
They wrapped filming but they didn't really "finish". Same with Cap 4. They restarted production after the strikes.
>>
>>143334925
>>143342407
Come on, you know this is just going to be Wade's major emotional drive for the movie that will be resolved/change at the end or in the stinger. Just like last time.
>>
>>143339999
Considering Wade's mutated sperm and Vanessa's past as a literal whore I'm not shocked that the kid was womb doomed
>>
headpool made me chuckle, desu. but then headpool gaining a body kinda ruins the joke
>>
>>143327965
Do they explain what happened to Weasel?
>>
>>143344179
The twist is that he is an Anchor Entity and him being written out kills Deadpool's home universe.
>>
>>143327965
>>143327971
As a jaded manchild asshole...this sounds fun. It is all action, cgi explosions and references, I really do not ask more from a movie. This was the MCU I liked.
>>
>>143344179
did you not stay after the credits? he coughs up water and get up and runs into the corto maltese wilderness
>>
>>143327971
>>At some point, Cassandra Nova uses the sling ring of a Doctor Strange variant she has killed to open dimensional portals
this is exactly why multiverse shit was a mistake. May as well give her the infinite gauntlet is not like anyone would mind.
>>
>>143344287
they have ruined deadpool's life just so he could go on another shitty adventure. That's anything but action and explosions.
>>
File: loss found.jpg (40 KB, 350x343)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>143327965
>He and Vanessa broke up after losing their baby
Why would they break up over this?
>>
>>143344750
It's a common occurrence for couples who lose a kid.
>>
>>143327965
>>143327971
Sounds fun.
>>
>>143327971
It's weird to think the Deadpool from X-Men Origins will have a clousure.
>>
>>143334941
I read all of this. Why did I read this.
>>
>>143344851
Why are people retarded?
>>
>>143330721
So there is:
>X1/X2/X3/The Wolverine Logan
>Origins Logan
>Deadpool 1/Deadpool 2/DotFP (Past) Logan
>DotFP (Future)/Old Man Logan Logan
And the one from Deadpool 3 is another variant.
>>
>>143344996
Now add Daniel Radcliffe, Taron Egerton, Henry Cavill and Karl Urban Logan variants too.
>>
>>143330721
>>143344996
What about the Wolverine from the Apocalypse movie?
>>
>>143327965
Sounds like a retarded shitshow
>>
>>143345032
That's the DoFP past one.
>>
So is Reynolds and Jackman secretly fucking?
>>
>>143344981
It's not so much retardation as it is trauma. After a loss like that, there's so much grief, shame and regret involved that the relationship just breaks down instead of leading to mutual support. You aren't wrong, but there's slightly more nuance to the situation.
>>
>>143345610
>secretly
>>
>>143330571
The MCU version of Kamala Khan is a mutant and a genie, no?
>>
>>143336799
lol
So goddamn true. Pedro is by far the worst choice for the character. Even Jamie Foxx would be a better choice, if you think about it.
>>
>>143343717
He broke time for her, let them just be together.
>>
>>143327965
>hugh jackman
old
>deadpool
shit
>MCU

February and March had so many good movies why don't they keep releasing this shit only on their disney+crap
>>
File: 1502949385303.png (546 KB, 600x1125)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
>>143327965
>The remainder of 2024 will be the same Anons posting over and over and over how they are "above this sort of movie", ad nauseum.
At least take a short break to diss on Furiosa, lads.
>>
bump
>>
>>143347042
Bold of you to assume anyone cares enough about Furiosa to posture over it, lad. This is the most pathetic marketing post I've seen on /co/ all month

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.