[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (5) (14).jpg (59 KB, 452x678)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>Got bad around season 2. Too meta, too ironic, lost its charm. Fourth wall breaks pail in comparison to Gumball
>>
>>143346082
Agreed, the humor is so fucking boring in this show
>>
>>143346082
>why did it aged
>pail in comparison
Back to English class
>>
>>143346112
>T. Chowderfag

Your show sucks
>>
My favorite episode from Chowder is probably Big Ball. It’s pretty funny to me to this date.
>>
>>143346082
>It aged badly. Why
>To support my point I concur it was always bad.

You sound like you are trying to say it got worse. You next answer your own question about what made it bad. Please work on your English
>>
>>143346343
>You next answer your own question

Please work on your english
>>
File: c43.jpg (30 KB, 450x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>143346082
Imagine getting filtered by fucking Chowder of all things
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>143346503
Kinda agreed with OP, Chowder is only highly praised due to nostalgia I rematched the show without any nostalgia.

Safe to say this show was a snoozefest at best...
>>
>>143346143
so does your English you esl
>>
>>143346540
It's visually distinct, funny and has a cool setting. Nothing else is necessary.
>>
>>143346082
Chowder could be really funny at times but the show did rely too much on fourth wall jokes that weren’t even that good. This scene is a glaring example of that.
https://youtu.be/XRH5U_rngsI?feature=shared
>>
>>143347066
>It's visually distinct and funny

No Chowder looks like an average 2d cartoon at best it doesn't have anything going with its animation its a generic slop at best.

And the show being funny is an understatement since its just meta and dry humor the combination of boring the fuck out of everyone
>>
>>143346082
Both Chowder and Gumball fell into mediocrity. So neither is really better than the other unless you're able to make a good enough argument beside buzzwords that could also be applied to later season Gumball.
>>
>>143347165
>The fourth wall joke kept on going and going

Jesus, I didn't realize how the jokes at times were that extremely bad.

I also notice how Chowder is one of those shows that keeps prolonging a joke or something, when it wasn't even funny to begin with or it overstayed its welcome
>>
>>143347199
I think Gumball is better and isn't mediocre because the show does different things if you've watched the show. Examples like the Void lore/plot relationships and backstories between characters, emotional and serious moments of the show, different types of humor, and unique animation.

Which Chowder didnt have those mind you
>>
>>143346082
This confirms to me that it really is just a machine generating these threads
>>
File: Flapjack candy wife.jpg (10 KB, 257x196)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>143346082
Back when Chowder was airing /co/ actually really hated season 2, but that largely seems forgotten now. Flapjack was also way bigger than Chowder around here at the time and it's funny seeing how Chowder overtook it as the years went on. I don't think I've seen an earnest Flapjack thread on /co/ in fucking years.
>>
>>143347365
Flapjack was pure kino, I used to watch that shit all the time on cartoon network.
>>
>>143347226
It was a couple seconds kek why being so fucking exaggerated
>>
>>143347427
It felt like watching an hour of back and forth with my emotionless face thinking when is this ever gonna end?
>>
File: images (5) (15).jpg (12 KB, 241x209)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>143347365
>>143347390
Quite the opposite for me, Flapjack is fondly remembered and gets more threads than chowder and clout from other social media platforms due to the show starting a family tree of cartoons
>>
>>143347514
I wouldn't really call those threads "earnest Flapjack threads" though, they just happen to involve Flapjack since it's seen as a starting point and are normally more discussions regarding the industry as a whole. I can't recall the last time I saw a thread that was just about Flapjack, while I still regularly see Chowder threads.
>>
Chowder walked so Gumball could break the sound barrier
>>
>>143347514
You saved the thumbnail, dumbass
>>
>>143346082
I rewatched it last year (an episode or 2 before bed every night on my ipad) and it does have its funny moments. It def is wacky and aimed at kids of course but does have subtle dry humor that adults can appreciate. But the longer it went on it was clear Greenblatt had no real goal in mind. Dont forget he worked on spongebob and billy and mandy so he did have the talent for wacky humor but he needed to know when to dial it back which since he was basically all of chowder with not much other assistance, he had no one to keep him in check
>>
>>143346082
Hot take: Ed, Edd n Eddy is better at fourth wall humor than Chowder
>>
>>143348383
That's not a hot take that's just a fact, the episode where they break reality is SSS-tier
>>
>>143347365
Did /co/ like season 1 of Chowder when it was airing?
>>
>>143348402
/co/ doesnt like anything ever

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.