[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How come he's not considered a mutant?
>>
>>143355141
If you read a wiki page you’d know
>>
>>143355141
everything Special about him came from a bottle
>>
>In a universe where having super human powers and wearing a funny costume makes you a mutant
>Captain America and the Avengers are the exception.
>>
>>143355161
Actually it was the vita-rays that activated the super soldier serum.
>>
File: file.jpg (161 KB, 712x960)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>143355272
And these guys
>>
>>143355141
Because he doesn't throw a tantrum of mass destruction when things go wrong in life like mutants.

In the span of losing her foxy grandpa and French cuck Rogue has become a traitor to the USA, destroyed a government base and murdered someone directly as well as likely killed soldiers in those mechs if they weren't drones.
>>
>>143355141
He wasn't born with an x gene simple as
>>
>>143355141
Mutants are born with the X-gene which gives them their powers, Captain America was a regular human that let the government experiment on him
>>
>>143355588
wtf
>>
This might be the most normie thread in /co/ history
>>
>>143355141
No X gene, and they know that because they got a little beepy thing that tells them if someone has those genes, and they put the beepy things in giant robots that go woop woop if they see a person who has those genes, they can tell.

SCIENCE
>>
>>143355141
His powers are the result of an experiment, not the X gene.
>>
>>143355272
>makes you a mutant
That's not what makes someone a mutant in universe.
>>
Captain America doesn't hate mutants. He just sees Magneto as a flawed human being proving him wrong that mutants are freaks. Red Skull just sees Magneto as a fellow supervillain with the Green Goblin, but an ineffectual loner rambling about Genosha
>>
>>143356052
If I was Cap I'd probably hate mutants once Rogue tossed my shield hundreds of miles away.
>>
>>143356142
How many times has he lost it do you think? He probably has a tracker on it at this point
>>
Marvel is wishy washy on considering him the peak of human ability, or the next step in human evolution, either way, he's a mutant in neither case because no X-gene faggotry going on, just regular super science drugs and radiation.
>>
>>143355645
There was a war on, anon. I wouldn't expect you to understand. It was back in the day when America and patriotism meant something.
>>
File: redskullservesamugga.jpg (463 KB, 930x1412)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>143356052
>Red Skull just sees Magneto as a fellow supervillain

Red Skull actually sees Magneto as a better class of supervillain because Magneto reminds the Skull of himself and Adolf Hitler.
>>
>>143356174
>>143356142
>Thor, I encountered a level 2 chimpout and now my shield is probably the next county over, could you please help with that?
>Hulk?
>Not this time, no.
>>
>>143356477
>We are much alike, you an I
Goddamnit
>>
Why are people with the x-gene discriminated against but people who got their powers other ways not?
>>
>>143356712
There are several different answers to that question
>>
>>143356477
funny how nowadays nobody has de balls to write these things

even tho he has a point by making magneto as scum as he himself always was
>>
File: download.jpg (17 KB, 274x184)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>143356712
because the x-gene means that marvel civvies have to live in constant fear that anyone, including their own family, could be a mutant.
>>
>>143356712
because the marvel universe of infinite crossovers is fucked up by making the racial discourse integral into x-men lore

it would be really easy to every human being to hate any super-powered being in the canon earth, just like people doesn't trust anyone with super powers in the new ultimate
>>
>>143356738
They don't do that because the X-Men have solidified Magneto as one of their own, and with all of the implications that come with doing such a thing.
>>
>>143355141
Same reason as to why someone who dyes their hair red isn't considered a ginger.
>>
>>143356712
People who got their powers other ways don't tout themselves as a master race that will replace you and everyone you love, generally.

The X-Men party line of peaceful co-existence entailed humans and mutants living together in harmony because humanity would eventually go extinct and be replaced by the mutants - who called themselves homo superior.

The Avengers, the Defenders, the Fantastic Four . . . none of them are saying they're going to replace you, or steal your kids and indoctrinate them, or outright genocide you.

A lot of people who get their powers in other ways tend to also be one-offs that can't be replicated easily. They've tried to reproduce Captain America, but it's never worked reliably. There's a lot of gamma irradiated people out there, relatively speaking, but the government abandoned gamma bombs so we're not likely to see widespread gamma irradiation. The radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker's long dead by now. There aren't enough magic hammers to go around, and most people aren't worthy, anyway, so the whole can't become Thors.

And, of course, people who got their powers in other ways haven't created multiple failed ethnostates for the superpowered.

Mutants? We just got out of Krakoa. But before that there was Asteroid M, multiple Genoshas, Cable's little island. Probably a bunch of others I've forgotten.
>>
>>143356712
Because most A List superheroes have their identity public.
Everybody knows that Cap is Steve Rodgers, Thor is a god that humanity has interacted with for centuries, Ironman is the fucking playboy, the four fantastics are famous scientists and explorers.

Who the fuck is mystique? She's Sherlock Holmes but nobody in universe knows that and she could be anyone too.
>>
>>143356811
To be fair, it's either siding with Mags or protecting Marvel civilians. I wouldn't be so quick to defend some of the shittiest background characters put to paper.
>>
File: images (100).jpg (28 KB, 554x554)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>143356872
>people who got their powers in other ways haven't created multiple failed ethnostates for the superpowered.
1. That's a lie
2. Ask yourself why did each and every single one of these save heavens failed? Who attacked first?
>>
>>143356712
Why not people hate on each other for petty shit all the time in real life
>>
>>143357016
>supers beef with each other and mess things up
>supers seem to attract unwanted attention from shit like aliens, otherworldly eldritch abominations, etc. every other week
And that's just from everyone not the X-Men, now imagine another group of supers that feel like they don't have to answer for their actions and say they're better than you because one guy was born with his ass inside-out, no shit Marvel citizens are pissed, the X-Men have nobody to blame but themselves in making an already bad situation worse.
>>
>>143356712
Meta humans don't proclaim themselves as "Homo-Superior" and that they'll replace humanity.
>>
>>143355588
What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?
>>
Most superheroes live normal lives but mutants just live like that 24/7.
>>
>>143357019
>1. That's a lie

Please educate me, anon.

>2. Ask yourself why did each and every single one of these save heavens failed? Who attacked first?

Mutants gave humanity casus belli.
>>
File: s2dieoruppg11 (1).png (216 KB, 511x1005)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>143356712
X-gene mutants are just kinda dicks
>>
File: sddefault (1).jpg (74 KB, 640x480)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>143356712
Some mutants have powers that would convince even the most tolerant human to demand manditory mutant outlawing
>>
>>143357631
That's from the ultimate universe, awful example
>>
>>143355272
What superpowers does iron man have
>>
>>143355141
Isn't he a celebrity like the F4 who has long-since disclosed his non-mutant origins to the public?
>>
>>143357915
Superbrain/tech intuition. Same power as Forge or any of the tech-based mutants.
>>
>>143357948
You don't know how Forge's powers work and it shows
>>
>>143356712
It's just bad PR and group politics. The Avengers are generally conservative and align with the government and do presses with ma and pa. X-men have their own clique and people they hang around, they're not generally seen going around new york saving people or doing business with the authorities figures. They don't have their own Avengers countries or secret politics literally nobody knows about.

It's like asking "Why are Jews well liked in America's government/media/businesses but muslims are discriminated against."

If Mutants acted more like superheroes or supermen they'd be seen neutrally like in DC.
>>
>>143356872
>The Avengers, the Defenders, the Fantastic Four . . . none of them are saying they're going to replace you, or steal your kids and indoctrinate them, or outright genocide you.
The Avengers have committed genocide casually in the past and no one in Marvel blinks an eye.
>>
>>143357143
>now imagine another group of supers that feel like they don't have to answer for their actions and say they're better than you
Every other Marvel hero feels that way and is basically a sociopath. X-men aren't exception at all in that sense.
>>
>>143357974
Maybe not, but does the average Marvel citizen? Why wouldn't they assume Ironman is a mutant and the same as Forge is my point.
>>
Would you really need to be a mutant if your signature attack is just throwing a shield around?
>>
>>143357915
>Super intelligence isn’t a super power
>>
File: why people hate mutants 1.jpg (600 KB, 1312x1162)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>143356712
>>
>>143358055
>>
>>143355141
after judgement day i dont know. they made ms marvel one through the ressurection protocols, so steve should be one too. at least this version
>>
Explain to me how every single superhero from Earth in Marvel CAN'T be a mutant.
>>
It shouldn't be unethical to have mutants undergo sterilization since they have a random chance to destroy everything around them once puberty hits.
>>
>>143358155
There are so many other aliens, time travelers, witches, demons, and mystic beings in the Marvel universe that it would hardly matter if mutants were sterilized, not to mention the fact that even if you sterilized mutants you would still have to deal with inhumans their telepathic telekinetic demi-goddess mother. Mutants don't have more power than humans and if humans did have the opportunity to become like mutants they could easily do it.
>>
File: Black_Widow_80s_Marvel.jpg (153 KB, 500x1615)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
Can Black Widow be a mutant?
>>
>>143355141
Cap is a publicly known figure. If anyone should be considered a mutant, it's heroes with secret identities like Spidey or Daredevil.
>>
>>143358174
> it would hardly matter if mutants were sterilized

whats the point? two humans can have mutant offspring, and in the same tone two mutants can have human offspring
>>
>>143358174
Inhumans are based tho. They give humans powers instead of murdering them.
>>
>>143358199
Spidey does get mixed up for a mutant every so often. DD I don't know
>>
>>143358225
I know that, anon.
>>
>>143358215
Which is why, given enough time, the Sentinels will inevitably seek the destruction of the entire human race to ensure that no more mutants can ever be born.
>>
>Learn that a group of schoolkids are developing powers, might go off and nuke everything
>"STOP, you mutiescum are too dangerous"
>One says actually they're an inhuman
>Another says they're a kree survival
>The third got powers from a radioactive toilet and forth from supersoldier serum
>"Oh."
>Carry on then
>Actually that kid over there who can levitate his boogers is a mutant
>"DIE FUCKING MUTIE."
>>
Metas
>>
>>143358023
You're massively overstating it. A few heroes may have let it go to their head a bit, but for the most part, they don't, the X-Men have made it as a matter of fact that they not only consider themselves a separate species, don't have to conform to laws and standards of regular society, but they're inherently superior as well.
>>
>>143358628
Its also kinda stupid because the whole point of the name is that mutant gene is a thing that slowly is becoming the norm. Im not comic reader but shouldnt the future of a marvel world be just mutants?
>>
>>143355161
Just like dad before he started kicking the furniture and screaming
>>
>>143358714
Not sure where you got that idea, most futures in Marvel are full of regular humans.
>>
>>143355141
mutaTE

vs

mutaNT
>>
>>143358628
> don't have to conform to laws and standards of regular society, but they're inherently superior as well.
The very first and most important rule of Kroakoa was "We don't allow Mutants to kill humans." Which they immediately exiled Sabertooth for.

The X-men know what its like to be persecuted, so the onus of responsibility feels like its on them. Most so-called 'Superheroes' in Marvel are just government jackboots, glowies and strikeforces, and those that aren't are celebrities at best. They take orders from the powers that be, they're not going to come help rescue your cat or stop a robber in your neighborhood just because you ask them.
>>
>>143358842
Usually because the mutants keep fighting amongst themselves and killing their numbers (to say nothing of the regular culling events), so their numbers always remain too low to overtake humanity.
>>
>>143359226
>The very first and most important rule of Kroakoa was "We don't allow Mutants to kill humans." Which they immediately exiled Sabertooth for.
They exiled Sabretooth because he didn't want to play ball in general, same with a lot of other mutants that were sent to the pit, not because he went on a murderous rampage.
>The X-men know what its like to be persecuted, so the onus of responsibility feels like its on them.
Except they kept taking worse and worse turns by making really dumb decisions, turning moderates or even potential advocates against them by siding with people like Magneto against the world was really fucking stupid no matter how you look at it.
>Most so-called 'Superheroes' in Marvel are just government jackboots, glowies and strikeforces, and those that aren't are celebrities at best.
They're not, they just generally have enough sense not to act like a group of superpowered punks on a high, and to work with the authorities and the rest of society rather than above them. What separates those individuals and groups and the X-Men is that they will still answer to the authorities and the public when they fuck up, or if they need to clear the air about any specific issues, good fucking luck trying to get the X-Men to explain why they got into a heated exchange, blew up half a block, then fucked off elsewhere, either telling people that it's none of their business or that they don't owe anyone their time.
>>143359346
Regardless of how they end up in that position, regular humans comprise the vast majority of the population on Earth in most futures. If mutants were an "evolutionary eventuality" then they'd end up the majority regardless of the circumstances, rather than a footnote like they usually do.
>>
>>143355428
mutates =/= mutants
>>
>>143358047
It isn't. The same way Batman's wealth isn't a superpower.
>>
>>143356712
If someone could be born tomorrow that could alter the global weather by will or able to punch through steel with his eye beams, You'd oppose them too.
>>
>>143355141
He wasn't born with super powers.
>>
>>143358055
>doodle in a kid's schoolbook
This is especially bad, they condemn dozens to hundreds of people to lives of severe suffering and hardship by destroying every single mutant cure out there.
Mutants are an allegory for while recreational nukes are a bad idea, not for minorities, and someone possessing the means to take away your recreational nuke (and not even doing so) and using it to remove the Saw-like death trap wrapped around someone else's head is not in the wrong.
>>
>>143355428
Wait, you think Spidey is a mutant?
lol
>>
>>143355141
Because they're not doing House of M until like Season 2 or 3 if you're lucky. They still have do do Legion
>>
Why is wolverine a mutant then? Wasn't he a weapons experiment too
>>
>>143360495
Yes, he had a pre-existing mutation while "Weapon X" was an augmentation of that
>>
>>143355428

Didn't Jameson accuse Spidey of being a mutant more than once?
>>
>>143360561
JJJ is usually pro mutant across continuities.
>>
>>143355665
really makes you wonder why the x-men need an entire room plugged into the most powerful telepaths on the planet to do the same job

guess they're just... fucking shit
>>
>>143360501

The reason they could do Weapon X is because of his mutant healing factor

also obviously the claws
>>
>>143357019
>2. Ask yourself why did each and every single one of these save heavens failed? Who attacked first?

well the big one was the mutants, specifically Cassandra Nova, Charles Xavier's sister, attacking Genosha with Sentinels she specifically took over for that task so I mean

plus there was that time the X-Men spent like eight years crying that the Scarlet Witch done genocided them by taking away the powers of most surviving mutants (after Cassandra Nova's genocide, which they know she caused but strangely never mention), then when they got the power to restore mutants who'd formerly lost their powers, they didn't do that but - by their own standard - genocided a bunch of non-mutants by turning them into mutants

also I guess just fuck Jubilee, the X-Men don't care about you when you're not a mutant, so she didn't get her powers back
>>
>>143357563
Was this right after Jean read Spider-Man's mind without even asking?

I remember the first time they met in the Ultimate Comics. Jean says "You're the first man I've met that didn't immediately imagine me naked" Then of course, because the idea was put out there, Peter immediately thinks of her naked, and she gets upset.
>>
What if im a mutant but my power is something no one would ever notice like my finernails tasting like bubblegum
>>
>>143355141
Since he was created deliberately he should be considered a transhuman.
>>
>>143356477
magnetos face at the bottom panel always makes me laugh
>>
>>143356477
Red Skull cool as a cucumber
>>
>>143360851
He is about to ragecry
>>
>>143358215
>whats the point? two humans can have mutant offspring
Only if their mother or, in the case of women, possibly their paternal grandmother had Neanderthal DNA and they receive it from there. The X Gene is IIRC bound to the X-Chromosome in 616, and I know for a fact it comes from Homo Neanderthalensis, as they were the species the Celestials created to carry the X-Gene.
>>
>>143356712
basic retard question. Hulk, Avengers, Spider-Man are also discriminated
>>
>>143360689
Cassandra Nova is mummudrai, not a mutant
>>
>>143357995
>bad PR
Every single time. If I had a dime for every time someone says that Avengers have good PR, I would be a billionaire
>>
>>143360826
No this was after Jean swapped Peter and Logan's minds to punish Logan.
>>
>>143356712
1. Mutants call themselves Homo Superior and very often state that they will replace humanity
2. Mutant powers can come from anywhere and are often completely random. Many times when a mutant's power has awoken one or more innocent people died
3. The vast majority of telepaths are mutants, and they should be hated and feared for how often they abuse their powers
4. Even the "good ones" like the X-Men are way more secretive than almost any other super hero team, and often shun the help of their peers because they deal with "mutant problems"
5. This is the big one: They are/have become a bad allegory for marginilised groups and writers refuse to drop it no matter how stupid it is
>>
>>143355272
>funny costumes
They’re self-expressive and/or symbolically meaningful.
You take these mentalities to their logical conclusion and you have absolute-conformity, anti-individuality, anti-expression, anti-creativity — anti-existence really.
>>
File: IMG_3779.jpg (123 KB, 400x590)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>143360455
Jack Kirby may’ve thought so
>>
>>143356712
Either
A) Humans are afraid of being 'replaced' the same way Homo Sapiens Sapiens replaced the Homo neanderthalensis

B) Sublime, the bacteria who can make humans hate mutants via mind control or something retarded like that.

Also, they're kinda dicks, they proclaim themselves as "Homo Superior" which is fucking stupid all things considered, and Magneto is certainly not fucking helping with all the times he tried to kill humanity.
>>
>>143356712
Well the actual answer is because they didn't think they'd have to deal with other sources of powers when they made the x men comic in the first place.

But if you want a bullshit answer it's because anyone can become a superhero through those 'other ways'. But you have to be born a mutant. Only mutants threaten to replace humans. Other powered characters are still human.
>>
>>143359815
>They're not, they just generally have enough sense not to act like a group of superpowered punks on a high, and to work with the authorities and the rest of society rather than above them.

Their(Avengers and FF and street level a listers like Spider-Man) sense often overrides the interests of common folk because they choose to enforce law and order on even other superhero communities based on might makes right and being percieved as the experienced or choosen of the people. They also work most for the government pulling the strings and being their puppet when they lose the trust of the people.
>>
>>143356712
Because when Lee and Kirby ran Marvel more or less all the heroes were hated by adults and loved by hip teens and kids. Including the X-Men. Early issues treated them like the Beatles. Overtime only X-Men kept this shit.
>>
>>143356712
Because the X-Men weren't created to exist in the same setting as other Marvel stories
>>
>>143356052
>>143356477
Red Skull is forever laughing his red-painted arse off that Magneto came to the same conclusions fighting the West that he did.
>>
>>143361330
But they already did crossovers in other character's books in their first years of publications
>>
Why don't the X-men just say they got their powers from a magic rock or something?

Apparently if you are born with powers its a race war. But if you get them later it's fine.
>>
>>143355141
Thanks for making it clear that you don't understand anything about Marvel
Or the X-men in general and you don't even need to be a fag with 40 years of reading comics, just understand the origin of their powers
>>
>>143357816
Nitro, Sabretooth, Cyclops

Everyone in the main universe, everyone is a danger to society and yes, I include Scott because before Xavier's school he is a danger, that's the problem, they are suddenly activated in perhaps the shittiest stage of life. anyone, fucking puberty
>>
>>143358009
It wasn't Magneto who actively attacked a Latin American country, he made a terrible explosion, he took control of the country and when the X-men appeared his first act was to leave a bomb that was going to wipe the country off the map, an idea so horrible that even Quicksilvere returned. to prevent that shit from happening?
>>
>>143361362
because they actively want the race war

they've started it at least twice now
>>
>>143358023
Not Captain America or Ironman or Hawkeye or Punisher or...
Oh...
>>
>>143355141
By scientific definition, he is. But due to the fact that the X-men have more or less co-opted the phrase "mutant" to be talking about their specific genetic condition where the X-gene chromosomal sequence is activated, they had to come up with a term for all the other people whose genetics have been altered either deliberately or accidentally, so they came up with "mutate". That's really it. It all comes down to whether or not you were born with your superpowers or you weren't, although even then the X-men would reject a few cases like Bruce Banner or Franklin Richards specifically for not being X-gened mutants.

The X-men are kind of weird in general, partially thanks to how their writers seem to just really not understand their own talking points regarding mutants and minorities, especially considering that for however much the X-men have done for mutants, the guys they constantly whine about like Beast, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Firestar, and Captain America have done far more to make people trust mutants by just publicly working together on the Avengers and weathering the constant storm of racists picketing their front lawns over the X-men hiding out in their fancy mansion pretending to be normals for decades.
>>
>>143361129
none of your answers matter in-universe
>>
>>143356712
>all these replies
>only one points out that marvel citizens are generally jerks toward superheroes
/co/ doesn't read comic books, and more importantly
/CO/ IS FAKE AND GAY
>>
>>143361362
because marvel citizens hate people with superpowers. the source of power doesn't matter, what matters is that you have gangs and groups of superpowered people who more than often pose a threat to non-powered people

Why is /co/ so retarded?
>>
>>143361642
They haven't been like that for a long long time though. Even Spider-Man isn't shit on as much as he used to be
>>
>>143361642
Considering I've seen Marvel citizens taking selfies while people are getting their heads ripped off, I think I'd describe them more like "absolute braindead morons" rather than simply "jerks".
>>
>>143361508
fuck off and back to /pol/
>>
>>143361653
not fucking true.
>>
>>143361674
When was the last time the avengers got protested? When was the last time Spider-Man got shat on by the public?
>>
>>143361657
yeah, that was something of a point in JLA/Avengers
>>
>>143361677
Spider-Man being shat on by the public is part of his character. With the Avengers, you could say Judgment War, Secret Empire, Civil War II, any major event
>>
>>143361705
>Spider-Man being shat on by the public is part of his character
And that hasn't happened in years
>>
>>143358047
I thought Stark's intelligence was just supposed to be the peak of humanity, similar to Lex Luthor or IRL Hero of Alexandria.
>>
>>143355428
I fucking hate the Spider-Verse
>>
>>143361730
He's not Reed Richard's tier if thats what you think
>>
>>143355428
There are five worthwhile characters in that picture. The rest can be discarded
>>
>>143361722
I remember him getting a shitton of flack after the fallout of Superior Spider-Man and Secret Empire, both for how much of an ass Otto made out of him and by proxy of Peter utterly fucking up running Parker Industries. Otherwise, it's based on how schizophrenic the public is feeling that week.
>>
>>143361772
>after the fallout of Superior Spider-Man
Anon how long ago do you think that was?
>>
>>143355428
I'm sick of the spiderverse shit. Turned Spider-Man into a joke.
>>143361738 Finally a voice of reason.
>>
>>143361653
That's because he's being shat on by the universe right now, with the whole 'I lost my girlfriend to this guy who claims Nuremberg defense over killing an entire fucking planet and then she has the gal of comparing that with Uncle Ben's death as if they were even remotely similar'
>>
>>143361777
Fuck if I know. Even then, how much more "recent" do you want me to get? Do I bring up Spider-Man outright getting his identity bought out by Beyond Corps and proceeding to get it trashed? Do I bring up Peter randomly blowing up a chunk of barren land in Pennsylvania that somehow got everyone to hate him for six months? Do I bring up the 'Spider that Gobs' moment where he went full blown psycho and bombed a bridge cause of plot contrivance? What else do I need to bring up to make the point that Spider-Man's reputation is as consistent as the heart rate of a five hundred pound man on a treadmill?
>>
>>143361144
>I have to wear neon yellow hot pants because... I just do okay!!!
Just admit you're a weird pervert anon, I'm not letting my kids around you either way
>>
>>143361804
My point is that there is next to no focus put on the reputation of these heroes anymore. Jonah and the Bugle are non-entities in Spider-Man right now, the Avengers haven't been based in New York for far too long, I don't keep up with Hulk but I haven't seen anything about him being hunted for a while.
It only comes up now in X-Men books because they want their "woe is me, humans hate muties" bullshit. It is not a universe-wide thing anymore
>>
>>143361826
NTA, but to be fair, I don't think there's any focus on Spider-Man besides MJ/Paul and him suffering.
I mean, who the fuck is even his support cast at this point? All of them are either dead, enemies, dead (again) or forgotten by time
>>
>>143361834
That's the real issue. Decompression has made it so there is no time for side stories. Everything has to be action all the time
>>
>>143361826
I've kept up with the Hulk, and he's in a weird spot in regards to the 'hunted down' thing. Immortal Hulk had him being hunted and hated by everyone for his forced revival during Secret Empire, and the Devil Hulk preferred it that way since he and Banner built up their own support network completely non-reliant on the superhero community as a whole due to how busted things were then. Cates' Spaceship Hulk was in space the whole time doing bullshit. And the current Hulk storyline seems to be running with the idea of the Hulk being treated like a bigfoot sighting by local cops due to it being a few years since Banner was properly sighted, meaning everyone still freaks the fuck out if they see the big green giant but people aren't actively hunting him down because they aren't even sure he's still ALIVE anymore thanks to fucking off for space for a while.

And yeah, I know Immortal Hulk was 2018, so I guess it really depends on your definition of "a while".
>>
I'm a complete comiclet. How come the X gene, a biological thing, can give you magical powers?
>>
>>143361919
It just does
>>
>>143361919
It just can, it does whatever it wants. Like, even if you wanted to justify it psychic powers or whatever, turns out that you don't need to be a mutant in order to be trained to become a psychic.
>>
>>143361919
There is no explanation.
Sometimes it'll give "realistic" mutations like a tail, extra skin or a pair of antlers
Sometimes it'll make you control the fucking seismic activity of the earth
>>
>>143361990
>Sometimes it'll give "realistic" mutations like a tail, extra skin or a pair of antlers
Yeah, I can understand this kind of mutation, or even fantastical stuff like Colossus or Mystique. But straight up magic seems weird to me.
>>
>>143356477
Red Skull and Magneto sounds like a great crack team up ngl
>>
>>143361919
>>143361932
>>143361937
>>143361990
Celestials decided to fuck around with the human race.
Ziran created the Deviants
Nezarr created the Eternals
Oneg created the X-Gene
>>
>>143362034
Honestly, only once have I seen actual magic being a mutant power, with that being Wanda Maximoff, and they spent ages trying to work out the right retcon with the latest one being that she's not a mutant and 'The Scarlet Witch' is a previously undiscovered inheritable mantle/powerset. Even Magik isn't a straight up "x-mutation = magic", her power is dimensional traveling. She had to have magic outright taught to her by a demon.
>>
>>143362186
Storm
>>
>>143362242
Let's not even get into Storm, because Marvel can't seem to make up their mind whether she is legitimately some kind of goddess aka something beyond a mutant or if she's always been metaphorical/egotistical
>>
>>143361264
What the fuck are you talking about? The Avengers and Fantastic Four do their own thing but don't get directly involved in something politically charged unless there's a clear and present threat involved, because it turns out that having a group of superhumans superseding the authority of the government would have them being actively hunted by the authorities and have public opinion turned against them even more. They aren't government stooges or act against the interests of the common folk or whatever the hell you're implying, they work within the law as often as they can because they're relatively reasonable regarding the use of their abilities to help the public, unlike the X-Men, who will constantly flout convention and laws for their own ends, be secretive and snitty as hell about it, then have the nerve to complain why the public doesn't trust them and why the government creates contingencies against them.
>>
>>143362555
The Fantastic Four have been consulted on superhumans and scifi shit by the government, and the Avengers have allowed government liaisons to work with them to deal with paperwork and avoid accusations of treason, but they're probably referencing Civil War since that was where the weird idea of the Avengers and surviving superhero community being government stooges seems to primarily come from (even though plenty of capes at the time were still operating independently and subsequently being hunted down by the Fifty States Initiative). Before then, almost anything involving the government with the FF and Avengers was primarily just trying to handle public relation issues or bureaucrat-linked bullshit in between saving the world. And hell, that was decades ago. Nowadays the Fantastic Four and Avengers have proven they could literally pack up all their shit and move somewhere else if they wanted to, with far less issue than the X-men did when they made their own gated community island, so they're even LESS government stooges than the X-men technically were as the official spokespeople/superhero team of Krakoa.
>>
>>143355141
Huh, /co/ really doesn't read comics.
>>
>>143361264
The X-Men gleefully let in mutants who have attempted genocide and actively protect them because of "mutant solidarity". This goes as far back as when they had a bitch fit when Magneto was arrested and tried in court.
>>
Cap would eventually learn that we're all just the puke of a dying super alien.

>Tell me, why has this one particular, otherwise unremarkable world always been such a hotbed for super-powered madness? Why is the Earth so uniquely eccentric within the near-infinite number of planets strewn across the heavens? Why indeed? Not because of any grand purpose, I can assure you. But because of that bubbling, black puddle of Celestial regurgitation and the monstrous things that would come slithering out of it. Any guesses as to what those monsters were. Hmmm? They were YOU! Yes, you Captain America. You and all your mutated, gamma-irradiated, web-slinging ilk. And this is who you have to thank. The Progenitor. The origin of the world as you know it. The god who died so that you might live.
>>
>>143356361
I like the way they balanced him in First Avenger/Winter Soldier, where their general limit on his powers was taking a modern day Olympic record and multiplying it by about thirty percent. That feels about right for current human peak
>>
>>143362252
No. She's actually, objectively a mutant and her mutant powers is to control the weather.
She is a goddess in the sense that people worship her and her magical ancestry, storm has actual magical powers like Wanda and Strange
>>
>>143363106
Please provide examples of her using magic then
>>
File: sAKDdD4.jpg (756 KB, 1041x1600)
756 KB
756 KB JPG
>>143363133
Not him, but she Absorb Magik's magic and create a portal.
And there are instances of her actually getting stronger because people worship her (she even took the name of Hadari Yao because of her ancestors and shit)
>>
File: iGmKgQt.jpg (490 KB, 1041x1600)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>143363199
Here's her getting more powerful because of faith (As the Goddess Hadari Yao)
>>
>>143355141
So how did he get out of the Vortex?
>>
File: 1690715951806285.jpg (1.17 MB, 2048x1568)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>143360826
>>
>>143360991
The irony on that page is overwhelming. And that's not the first or last time the Avengers been protested against!
>>
>>143363199
>>143363216
While that is beyond unbelivably stupid, that actually does answer my question succinctly. Thank you very much, and do you know when the hell they decided to make Storm even more OP by also making her magical for whatever reason?
>>
>>143363355
To be fair, other mutants also have mutant powers and have magical powers outside of being a mutant. Forge is also a mutant technopath but also tribal shaman and it's non-mutant shaman powers that grant him the ability to open portals, astral project and has extra senses, which has nothing to do with him being a mutant.
>>
>>143358883
>>143359821
/thread
>>
>>143363355
The Goddess Hadari Yao whatever was from before AvX
Now, her bullshit with magic is a bit more complex, because she had always been alluded to being capable of using magic, like, during Claremont era, the X-Men are helped by another Storm who learned magic while stuck in the Limbo (Uncanny X-Men #160) And then either the same one, or another magical Storm appears to teach Magik how to use magic ( Magik (Illyana and Storm Limited Series) Vol 1 1). Both comics from the 80s (82' and 83')

All that combined with the fact that apparently, she comes from a line of priestess that might have a Sorceress Supreme in it.

Shit makes no sense, and frankly, every single motherfucker who used to have have "scientific explanations for their powers" now have magical bullshit?

Hulk? Eh, Gamma Radiation is apparently also magic, so fuck that
Spider-Man? That whole Totem bullshit
X-Gene in general? Created by a Celestial, so is it really biological?

Also, X-Men are dicks because their school accept aliens, but doesn't accept mutates, shit makes no fucking sense.
>>
File: storm magic.jpg (1.46 MB, 1040x3096)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>143363133
>>143363199
>>143363216
>>143363355
Another example
>>
>>143355141
His Midichlorean count was too low.
>>
>>143362988
The problem is that for the longest time they didn't know whether to keep it around current top records but making him 30% more capable or doing what Brubaker did and say "it's super soldier serum, not peak soldier serum, he's been doing super things for decades." They seem to be more inclined towards the latter interpretation lately, likely because it's easier to say he can outrun subway trains because he's super than trying to BS how a man that can sprint twice as fast as Usain Bolt on his best day can still be considered human.
>>
>>143356142
Why don't more people do that to Cap? Catch his shield during combat and throw it away or just run away with it. What is going to do?
>>
>>143363971
Opponents have done it before, and he's still kicked their ass.
>>
>>143356712
Some ancient green germ is what make humans hate mutants.
>>
File: Nakajima.jpg (16 KB, 225x350)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>143363730
Hold up. They struggled against a Kelpie? Weak devil summoners.
>>
File: 1710764041385.jpg (82 KB, 640x485)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>143360689
>well the big one was the mutants, specifically Cassandra Nova
Not a mutant
>attacking Genosha with Sentinels
Created by humans (not mutants)
>plus there was that time the X-Men spent like eight years crying that the Scarlet Witch done genocided them by taking away the powers of most surviving mutants
Their complaint were justified. The Pretender commited very bad crimes against an entire race, twice.
>genocided a bunch of non-mutants by turning them into mutants
Idk what you're talking about
>fuck Jubilee, the X-Men don't care about you when you're not a mutant, so she didn't get her powers back
She did get her powers back

Why's every single mutant racist a fucking clueless retard or a demented chronic liar?
>>
>>143364438
>"The Pretender"
That is still the most pathetic cope I've ever seen in a Marvel comic book. Especially since Magneto just let it happen, the absolute pathetic fuckstick.

>Idk what you're talking about
They mean the outcome of Avengers vs X-men where a bunch of grown people had their X-gene forcibly jumpstarted and turned into mutants against their will. Which to compare to their own standards, of people having their genetics essentially overwritten due to Marvel editorial getting sick of their existence, is the same kind of thing the X-men should be against except they aren't.
>>
File: clean (4) (3).jpg (918 KB, 1821x2800)
918 KB
918 KB JPG
Idk why they haven't just made it so that
A) Publically lauded heroes openly support mutants and advocate for their acceptance much more often than they currently do
And
B) Non-mutant superhero teams get similar levels of derision from the public as mutant ones do. With how awful the average Marvel citizen is it wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary for them to be distrusting of or frowning upon teams like the Avengers as well.
And make it so that the Avengers and other heroes in general show up to help out the X-Men during their own events too and vice versa instead of the writers whistling with their hands behind their backs about the whole thing. Like the Avengers involvement in Fall of X is a good step closer towards that sort of thing
I appreciate the Unity squad is still around but I just wish it got much more focus in-universe. I've seen people on other sites think Marvel has JUST started something like the Unity squad, like they don't even know Uncanny Avengers has been a thing for over a decade now.
>>
Is Deadpool even a mutant?
>>
>>143365074
Used to be like that. Now it's a lot more complicated. Especially since the whole "X-men and Avengers don't mix" thing started primarily cause Grant Morrison just didn't want to be dealing with the wider Marvel world during his run on the X-men to avoid continuity fuckups and stalling of the stories he had planned.

>>143365115
Mutate
>>
>>143361531
>pic
I love it when writers let cap just be a boy scout other characters can look up to
>>
>>143365074
>Idk why they haven't just made it so that
>A) Publically lauded heroes openly support mutants and advocate for their acceptance much more often than they currently do
Because if you're writing Fantastic Four or Captain America or whatever you want to write your own stories about those characters, not write stories about what part they played in The Mutant Struggle.

>B) Non-mutant superhero teams get similar levels of derision from the public as mutant ones do.
How they get treated by the public and the media is entirely "what have you done for me lately?" They'll celebrate them one moment then turn on them in an instant over things that were completely out of their control. X-Men fans don't notice this because they either don't read those books in the first place, or because it's more nuanced than the constant persecution narrative of mutant books.

>And make it so that the Avengers and other heroes in general show up to help out the X-Men during their own events too and vice versa instead of the writers whistling with their hands behind their backs about the whole thing.
This is entirely on X-Men writers. They want to write comics where the X-Men are the heroes of their own stories, getting things done with no need for help from other characters who exist in the shared universe, they want to have the X-Men tell other superheroes to butt out of mutant affairs that don't concern them, yet they also want to have the X-Men screech at those other superheroes for not being there to protect mutants from harm 24/7 and not solving the issue of people hating mutants, while being tone deaf to all the things they're doing that make people hate and fear them, like protecting Magneto.
>>
File: 1705083296818.jpg (31 KB, 341x300)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>143364568
I see, well I skipped that arc because I was sick and tired of bendislop and then people kept talking so much about it I became spiteful.
If what you say is what happens than that's a valid argument against the mutants, the only one that anon has
>>
File: origin of sprite zero.png (1.08 MB, 746x800)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>143365419
I don't blame you for skipping that arc. Everyone, both X-men and Avengers, were way out of character for it for how stupid it was, but I'm not bullshitting you on the end result. Hell, I'll prove it by showing it happening in action. I do admit to adding in the cropped word bubbles, but only for my own amusement cause it's otherwise a massive amount of dead space.
>>
>>143364438
Mass amount of Sentinels were created by the Hellfire Club who were led by mutants.
>>
>>143361738
>>143361761
>>143361778
Shut the fuck up boomers, no one cares about your old ass shitty views on kinoverse
>>
>>143356754
nta
But isn't it a good thing your kid has special powers that put him above the rest of humanity?
>>
>>143365698
>above the rest of humanity
Your kid's "power" is that his skin and eyes are extra sensitive to light and cause them an extreme amount of pain when exposed to it, and now they have to live like a mole person for the rest of their life.

But hey, your kid's got natural night vision.
>>
File: images (100).jpg (40 KB, 285x482)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>143365698
Like in real life, it's a great thing if you're part of the one-percent of the mutants who's powers make you sexy and attractive on top of giving you an advantage over other humans. If you're Jean Fucking Grey, Monet Saint Croix, Emma Frost, hell even Charles Xavier is said to be a handsome man, he's just bald.

The rest of the mutants are people like this. This is Beak, real name Barnell Bohusk born in the Netherlands. His X-gene gave him no powers, he's just extremely extremely ugly to the point of resembling a giant bird fetus. He's a nice guy, he's married now living with his wife and kids (who are alwo ugly but at least have wings to fly) but this dude did NOT have an easy life.

And that's considering the fact that he's just extremely ugly, his Xgene did not made him disabled like it renders other people functionally mute (Artie) or just simply too dangerous (chamber).
>>
>>143365851
And that's if you don't have a power that outright ruins your life without even touching your looks, like Forget-Me-Not aka the guy whose power is that literally nobody remembers him the moment they take their eyes off him, or Exploding Boy
>>
>>143365760
I think I got it.

Put him up for some disability from the government? Collect the paycheck and throw him in the basement with no human contact?
I am a good parent.
>>
>>143366306
Retard the government will try to kill your child and then kill you and your wife for birthing such abomination haven't you been paying attention
>>
>>143365851
>>143366029
This is what they should be exploring about mutant culture, the ones with the cool powers giving out fake platitudes but honestly lording over the mutants that get shit powers. Claremont was so close to making this point with the Morlocks too.
>>
>>143365851
Please stop with this fanon, Morlock type mutants are rare. Rare enough they had to hide in the sewers in small numbers.

Most mutants have some sort of functional power.
>>
>>143355141
In what way though?
>>
>>143356712
Because the other people who got their powers aren't allegories for faggots.
>>
>>143356811
that's why the modern x-men is basically villains themselves. It really bums me out

magneto should never be publicly regarded as a savior and xavier should never be perverted into being a villain
>>
>>143361460
Nitro isn't a mutant.
>>
>>143355141
He doesn't have the X gene
>>
>>143361990
wtf is wrong with her hand
>>
>>143365698
Yeah, until he drinks the mutie kool aid and decides he’s no longer your son and that his true family are the mutants
>>
File: 1585253850179.png (177 KB, 464x511)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
So is Sinister a mutant or not? I always assumed he was just some kind of wacky scientist that got artificial "mutant" powers but apparently he was born inmortal so he's kind of like Wolverine minus hyper regen.
>>
>>143370371
He's a century old mutant.
>>
>>143370371
>I always assumed he was just some kind of wacky scientist that got artificial "mutant" powers
This is correct
>he's some king of inmortal
This is incorrect

A long time ago in the Victorian era lived Dr. Nathaniel Essex who was obsessed with the next step of human evolution and the x gene but he was sick and died. After his death, his work continued via four clones—Mister Sinister (), Doctor Stasis (), Mother Righteous (), and Orbis Stellaris ()
>>
>>143370371
Not a mutant, scientist that gave himself weird powers. At least, before the last few years, cause that mess is still confusing
>>
>>143370594
Why was he allowed in Krakoa if Xaviar was very anal about Mr.Fantastic's son no longer being welcome to live in the island after they found out he was a "fake" mutant?
>>
>>143370637
They needed him because he had a backup of the mutant genes of every single mutant alive ever
>>
>>143370637
He had a gigantic gene sequence library of all the known mutants on Earth that they wanted to for themselves in order to bring back any mutant they desired. That and Xavier and Magneto figured they could do a pump and dump if they decided Sinister was scheming against them, which he was but in a way that they couldn't stop because they're goddamn morons like that.
>>
>>143369944
But like most of the people in the MComicU, he has the latent gene for evolution, thanks to the Celestials screwing around with proto-humanity millenia ago.
Cap falls under the category of 'Altered/Enhanced Human", like the Hulk, the FF & a proverbial smeg-ton of others that are superhumans, but not evolutionary mutants.
>>
>>143371086
I only read a handful of Krakoa comics. I thought Sinister was up to cartoon shit with his crew of fuck-ups.
>>
>>143371660
Oh, don't presume he's not up to supervillain bullshit like usual. Krakoa's arrangement just meant half of his shit was sanctioned by the X-men, and the rest ended up blowing up in his face like normal, especially since we get to see the timelines where he technically succeeds so hard that it renders his plans to rule the world unfeasible.
>>
>>143355141
Can he considered to be American and a Captain too?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.