[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: birds_are_deas.png (527 KB, 1927x2192)
527 KB
527 KB PNG
Seems it's easier to get a following by just drawing cute girls rather than most other forms of comics,
And that people would rather watch small animations rather than comics.
So webcomic artists. Are webcomics still a worthwhile investment or is It on its way out, only for those who still have a following
>>
>>143358233
In terms of gaining money or followers? Short-form content is desired more so on modern internet where endless scrolling is the norm among the general population.
>>
>>143358253
Yeah that's what I've noticed.
A lot of people I follow have turned from comic artists to either only fans girls or shilling some product on every post
>>
>>143358233
sell your soul to the algorithms and make bland "relatable" comics to shill on insta/twitter
>>
>>143358233
If you're not doing a gag-a-day then it's fuckin hell to gain a following. Still entirely possible but it'll be tough cause we're majorly in a generation that isn't following links off social media too, if it's not curated to be read there you'll have an awful time.

There's still plenty making webcomics and my heart goes out to them especially if they're doing something actually with a plot. Could say I have grown to develop a distaste for gag-a-day cause I've seen too many creators get fed up their main work won't pick up traction then shit out a gag-a-day which USUALLY fucking works to get a following. It's just tiring to see cause it's always same jokes, same setups, for the love of fuck most of them copy eachother or the punchline is just SEX.
>>
>>143358262
>shilling some product on every post
That’s perfectly bearable. You need to monetize somehow.
>>
>>143358309
Yeah I'm kinda on that path.
Why plan out a plot and characters when a lingerie comic will get you 200 likes asap
>>
>>143358323
Yeah I don't have the players
I hate the game
>>
>>143358295
Pain
>>
>>143358233
Webtoons just changed their policy so you don't have any rights to any material produced from your webcomic including a printed version and you aren't allowed to advertise your comic either, they did what every plataform provider does and screwed the people creating the content
The only kind of comic worth making is a fan comic since you don't own the IP they can't fuck you out of the rights
>>
File: cheers-wink.gif (658 KB, 498x498)
658 KB
658 KB GIF
>>143358548
You just don't have it in you.
That's fine.
Comics are about the writing, the wit, most artists are not good writers, let alone funny.
That's fine, if you are just an artist and still want to get popular, the joke is always SEX.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.