[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: p10516065_b_v9_ab.jpg (193 KB, 1080x1440)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
Was this show ever good?
>>
>>143476749
It was until Chris Savino took over and ruined everything.
>>
>>143476749
It was always good until Genndy left. Then it was sometimes good. Overall it was one of my favorite Cartoon Cartoons, Ego Trip ruled too.
>>
I watched it constantly as a kid, so it did its job on me back in the day. I even bought a few issues of the licensed comic in the supermarket. (Buying comic books in supermarkets, imagine that!)

I understand that Genndy and Craig at least had never created an animated series before.

And at the time, “creator driven animation” was a new thing, our collective ideas of what was possible and best for the genre were still coming together.

But the show does kind of feel kind of sloppy in hindsight. I rewatched an episode last month and spotted a bunch of animation errors.

And it bugged me that a lot of the supporting cast (like teachers or Dexter’s friends besides Douglas) were one-offs. I think the network asked them not to do story arcs so the show could be rerun in any order, but the status quo felt undercooked.

And while it has a certain charm, there’s also a crudeness to the creators’ attitude of just throwing whatever they like into a blender (UPA, blaxploitation, Marvel Comics, anime, etc.) and then tossing in whatever dirty words or innuendo the censors would let then get away with (Like there’s a vat of toxic good labelled “Waste Spooge” — to what benefit?)

All of this is to say it’s more a thing I used to watch than something I still watch or recommend.
>>
>>143477467
>I think the network asked them not to do story arcs so the show could be rerun in any order, but the status quo felt undercooked. To be fair that was most cartoons during the era (mostly comedies like Eds) and since Dexter's a comedy it makes sense.
>>
File: Dexter_Dodgeball_.png (101 KB, 1250x951)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>143476749
You cannot telle you grew up with this show and did not want the exo skeleton
Probably the best design of the show, shame they stopped using it in favor of the mecha
>>
>>143477933
It was used a few times after the dodgeball incident
>>
File: Dexo-Transformer_2.png (94 KB, 288x214)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>143477933
The way this thing moves is pure beauty
>>
>>143477953
Thoughts on the episode itself
>>
>>143477951
If they ever do the Dexter vs the Powerpuff girls I demand heavily use if this thing even if it obviously going to end up with the big robot since the girls fight kaijus
>>
File: DK63FSgVoAAOP6N.jpg (61 KB, 700x535)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>143476749
Hell yes, despite being less popular that PPG, Dexter was kind of lighting in a bottle, check Dexter's credits and who did what episode is a list of who is who of animations legends, a lot of people went to do their own successful shows. So in retrospect the show had a well of talent that made the show really funny.
>>
>>143477961
I think the episode was just an excuse to introduce the suit, if memory serves me right it was an early episode in the show
>>
Thoughts on Dexter's personality compared to Jimmy's from that nicktoon
>>
File: latest[1].png (688 KB, 1067x800)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
>>143477933
I'll be honest I didn't like it, mostly because it was just robot arms and legs, a cool robot can't be just functional it also has to have a cool factor to their design. I liked the giant robot much better and that other smaller robot he used once or twice and appeared at the end of the credits.
>>
See I like this legit Dexter thread that isn't talking about fetishes or Savino bad
>>
>>143478021
Jimmy is more social, he has friends he hangs out with outside of his crazy experiments, he started in his movie so he had a more consistent personality and relations with other characters. Dexter's personality is less clear since it was whatever the storyboarders of that specific episode wanted to tell jokes, sometimes he is a complete autist, other times he acts like a kid that just happens to be able to build giant robots and other times he comes out as kind of a jerk but socially competent.
>>
>>143478038
It was literally designed to make Dexter taller it makes perfect sense for it to be just arms and legs
It looks really cool when Dexter is using it because of the heavily exaggerated poses
Plus they did the same thing megas xlr did were the robot has no head which I go crazy about
>>
File: DCQUuqYXsAUtVBb.jpg (36 KB, 697x521)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>143476749
Genndy-seasons are peak early CN
>>
File: glhHwywLdekUNpp_.webm (1.61 MB, 480x360)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB WEBM
>>143478063
Dexter is a fun show, I think the issue is some people can't talk about something they like without passing it though the lents of something they hate by comparison. Blame it on early internet and how negative it was on how they approached media.

Still I think the show was great, it was a time where the channel had something to prove so they pulled no punches on doing entertaining media.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (30 KB, 480x360)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
So do y'all hate Deedee or think she's tolerable, she's meant to be annoying after all
>>
do you guys think the show is mean spirited as something like CatDog
>>
>>143478143
>Knows about Dexter's lab
>Doesn't tell her parents or anyone in exchange for being allowed to come in and out as she pleases

She's kinda based
>>
>>143478222
Depends on the episode, some are kind of sadistic black comedies others aren't. It was a show with many hands shaping the story each doing their own thing. Catdog is more mean to the main characters because part of the premise is that CatDog are freaks that very few people like, so a lot of the episode had CatDog dealing with some jerk.
>>
>>143478142
I love how huge Dexter's lab is. Basically as big or crazy as it needed to be for the episode, always seemed to stretch on forever. Then Mandark had his own evil version of it. The episode where Dexter gets lost in the old part of his lab was cool.
>>
>>143478222
I'm admittedly biased since as a kid I saw a lot of myself in Dexter, but looking back at it in general I don't think it was. Mostly because most of Dexter's losses were the result of his own hubris or just acting like an ass when there was no reason to. Though there are some episodes where they really run him through the ringer without him deserving it.
>>
>>143478143
More than Dee-Dee herself I just grew to dislike the way the show sometimes portrays girls and girly things as bad in just about every possible way.

Granted it’s a show about a boy who doesn’t really get or like his sister who is very girly, and to a point it’s just what Dexter thinks and not the way things actually are, I just can’t enjoy it.
>>
File: Ax1aM69y_400x400.jpg (21 KB, 400x400)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Do you think that he will like the show, silly question I know
>>
>>143476749
i really liked most of it and i don't remember much about the later episodes. odd given that i was more likely to see the latter episodes given that i was a '97 baby.
>>
>>143478315
They did start to steer away from that as the show progressed IIRC. Dee Dee's Room is a pretty early episode and Dexter treats going into her room as going to 'Nam, but in later episodes he's going in and out of Dee Dee's room like it's nothing, and there was even one where he built a Dee Dee-themed mecha without worrying if it was too "girly".
>>
>>143478379
Yeah, that aspect of the show did get better over time.
>>
File: IceCream.jpg (53 KB, 542x502)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>143478222
This episode still shocks me on how dark it got and how fast it happened
Don't get me wrong it's hilarious but I definitely can't believe they did that, guess the writer was having a bad week and decided to cope by writing it
>>
>>143478143
Her characterization is all over the place
>>
>>143478352
He will put PPG and Courage above it, likely also Ed, Edd n' Eddy, but it will be more liked by him then either Johnny Bravo or Cow & Chicken. Honestly, I would be more curious as to his thoughts on Johnny Bravo given that show's premise.

Maybe one day he will do a Nick-o-Rama for CN. Would like to see him go over all the shows.
>>
>>143478434
Exploring the inner lives of ice cream men is a common 90s kid media trope.

I think it’s because getting ice cream from a truck is a really common childhood experience in America, but you never get to know much about ice cream men as a customer.

Pete & Pete had the special about the ice cream man who was sad and lonely, and even wore a helmet to hide his face.

Hey Arnold had the Jolly Ollie Man who was this jaded psychopath.

And you have this episode.
>>
>>143478556
I still think the icecream man in hey Arnold was inspired by him
>>
>>143478434
Dexter's Lab had many "dark" or "bad" episode endings for a late '90s cartoon show. You don't really notice at first, until you are older.
>>
>>143478434
>>143478556
Are Icecream an that common? I'm not American so I wouldn't know, or is it a baby bummer thing where they write about things that no longer apply?
>>
File: latest[1].png (901 KB, 951x533)
901 KB
901 KB PNG
>>143478292
I liked Mandark's old lab better, before it looked like Aku's house.
>>
>>143478434
This right here, that smile. That damned smile.
>>
File: GJbonbYakAAACYO.png (250 KB, 900x506)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
Its a lawnmower man episode.
>>
>>143478830
I’m an American, and ice cream trucks were a thing when I was a kid in the 90s. They’re still a thing too, I just don’t know how common.

It is true that older generations of cartoon creators referenced things from their childhood that became less common or relevant since they were kids (pic related — you can find historical photos of mobile pools, but these didn’t have the longevity of ice cream trucks)

but there’s a surprising amount of overlap between Boomer American childhoods and those of the next couple of generations.
>>
>>143478975
I genuinely though this was a fake stuff the Simpsons made up.
>>
>>143477933
>>143477971
I'm surprised Dexter didn't get an anime adaption like the Powerpuff Girls did. It looks perfect for it. It could be a sci-fi fantasy type show featuring Dexter with Dee Dee and her friends Lee Lee and Mee Mee on some adventures.
>>
>>143479420
Wasn't as popular in Japan as PPG I would assume, though it did seem to be popular.
>>
>>143479420
>>143479506
I think the Professor's son in the anime is kinda sorta based on Dexter?
>>
>>
>>143478830
In my area ice cream men are mostly Sikhs.
>>
>>143476749
That episode should’ve ended with Dexter’s fake dad getting killed or something.
>>
>>143478222
Hey Star Giant Productions you got bailed out already?
>>
>>143479420
>>143479506
If Dexter had an anime, Dee Dee and her friends Mee Mee and Lee Lee would act very amorous and pervy toward Dexter, and be his harem. And there'd be some crazy debate on who is best girl for him or something.
>>
>>143479506
Actually it did well in Japan, even got his own merchandise in the country
>>
>>143478470
I remember him saying it was his least favorite Cartoon Cartoon due to him not liking romance and didn’t like how Johnny was treated by women.
This was when he reviewed that episode where he went genderbender
>>
>>143480491
Maybe they should make a Dexter anime. Then they can crossover with Powerpuff Girls Z!
>>
That art shift in the later seasons was extremely jarring. Dad looked so fucked it was unreal
>>
>>143479506
>>143480491
I always envied CN Japan with the merch they get out of their shows.
KND got merch and Courage if I recall had a complete series DVD over there.
>>
File: 1245868834257.png (97 KB, 322x298)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>143476749
You're making a post about a very old cartoon. so. you tell me.
>>
What's with the sudden rise in Dexter threads?
>>
File: IMG_0936.jpg (166 KB, 1200x675)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
The issue with the character designs of Savino Dexter is that it looks more like Powerpuff Girls than Dexter and the background art looks more like Samurai Jacks painted backgrounds.
The colors of the characters are also very bland Idk why they never bothered using the color reference from the og show?
>>
>>143478830
>>143478975
wut, I live in yurop and ice cream trucks are still common
>>
BREAKING PHYSICAL MEDIA NEWS!!! DEXTER'S LAB IS GETTING COMPLETE SERIES BOX
>>
>>143480878
Why did it take almost 30 years for that to happen?
>>
>>143476749
I only found the omelete du formage episode funny.
CN back then was pretty much as mediocre as it was during the Hanna Barbera time.
>>
>>143477467
>And it bugged me that a lot of the supporting cast (like teachers or Dexter’s friends besides Douglas) were one-offs. I think the network asked them not to do story arcs so the show could be rerun in any order, but the status quo felt undercooked.
That was a good thing. Hanging on to unnecessary side characters and being a stickler for lore bogs down the creative energy of a show, especially an animated one, and encourages the type of fanwank and pandering that plagues most modern shows.
>>
File: 1660263878458.webm (2.59 MB, 480x270)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
>episode where Dee Dee almost gets molested.
>>
>>143476749
Was Dexter as disturbing as Ren and Stimpy?

Ren and Stimpy unironically scared me as a kid, particularly Sven Hoek and Stimpy's Fan Club
>>
Dexter's Lab was less funny and more "holy shit look how fucking sick everything looks" during the Genndy era. It's a distinctly cool artstyle that's hard to describe, but the grand scale and sleek shapes of everything really gave the show a unique look back then.
Savino's more "basic shapes" style of design didn't invoke awe like Genndy's did. It's pretty clear Savino only took over because his version of the show was cheaper to produce.
That's not to say Genndy's version was perfect. Tartakovsky can't write an ending to save his life, something that still plagues him to this day.
>>
>>143476749
Is it just me or do I see people mentioning Ed Edd n Eddy more than Dexter nowadays, despite Dexter being a bigger hit in the late 90s? I recall Dexter being the biggest Cartoon Cartoon until the PPGs bumped it to second place
>>
File: 1675387716123.png (344 KB, 640x480)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
>>143481238
>episode where Dee De almost molested Dexter.
>>
File: IMG_0937.jpg (190 KB, 1436x1078)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
I remember S1 of Dexters Lab had a lot more fluid animation especially with the pilot in away it’s animation reminded me of Ren and Stimpy.
After S2 they had to sacrifice the animation as it did take a nose dive despite it still looking colorful and having more memorable episodes.
>>
>>143476749
Would you say it was as realistic as the Nicktoon that premiered the same year as Dexter, Hey Arnold?
>>
>>143481268
I always liked how much of an evil asshole Ren was, never saw him as a good character just a vehicle for slapstick
>>143481307
As a kid you value things being cool more than funny, the part about the endings wasn't as noticeable in Dexter though, I still remember some great ending gags like seppuku with newspaper or the episodes coming full circle to the starting bit
>>
>>143481372
...no wonder I grew up to like incest.
>>
>>143481395
I forgot Dee Dee had eyebrows
>>
>>143476749
the speed racer minisode was funny.
>>
>>143481395
you can blame cartoon network for that. they ordered 39 half hour episodes to be made in 1 year. genndy himself described it as taking care of 39 newborns.
>>
>>143476749
It was my favorite of the Cartoon Cartoons growing up, and I still loved most of the others on that block.

Dexter was such a perfect blend of comedy and action, and using the science angle it allowed for a lot of creativity without being too out there in terms of feasibility for the world, while still not being afraid to just have negative continuity and end episodes in the most bizarre way possible.
>>
>>143481395
As an adult I notice the shift and it is a pity that we lost a lot of great acting in the animation, but I remember as a kid not thinking much of it (not counting Savino seasons since that was such a noticeable change).
>>
>>143481372
Thank goodness for all those F sounds making screenshots of characters very horny.
>>
File: nattapong-yotkhruea-asset.jpg (440 KB, 1920x2400)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>143481872
Dee Dee definitely had a brother complex.
>>
File: latest[1].png (571 KB, 879x531)
571 KB
571 KB PNG
>>143477467
You pretty much nailed it with the crudeness, which I don't think is bad I like that Dexter had stuff like Justice Friends and Monkey thrown into the mix. I like the episode that did things differently like the one where DeeDee fights New's Paper ninja or the one where there is no dialogue and Dexter goes to buy a light bulb. And I like that there is a sense everything takes place int he same absurd world where Superheroes are real and kids can build giant robots to fight their Kaiju sisters. Its a show where threw everything to the wall and surprisingly stuff stuck more often than not.

Stuff like this was really fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=6dKMUMvYuYc

That being said maybe that is the reason why the show isn't as fondly remembered or brought back like other shows, it has so many things in it that there isn't a clear core of what Dexter's Lab is, is it a comedy taking place in a lab? is it a show about a intelligent kid dealing with school life? is it about three superheroes sharing an apartment or a monkey with superpowers fighting for justice? I think Dexter is a lot of different thing for different people which makes it hard to appreciate as a fandom because the appeal is not as cut and dry as other shows like Johnny Bravo or Powerpuff girls.
>>
File: 1714258510587998.jpg (358 KB, 1071x989)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>143481372
>>143481872
>>143482594
>>
The staple of Dexters Lab humor was repetition humor.
>>
>>143480526
>>143480491
>>143479506
For what its worth, Ken Utonium from PPGZ was inspired by both Dexter and Utonium's child self from the episode where the PPG timetravel.
>>
>>143482868
It's almost scary how in-character this feels for both Dexter and Dee Dee
>>
>>143482656
I agree that there’s an irreverent creativity to Dexter’s Lab. Thank you for agreeing with some of the other points I made.

To the extent that Dexter might not be as remembered or liked as shows with a more focused premise, there could be truth to that. But also, it’s not really that important for every show to “hold up” and be timeless. Not every show can do that, and that’s okay.
>>
>>143481238
>>143481372
>>143481872
>>143482594
>>143482868
Kill yourself vermin
>>
YOU'RE RINDING THAT HOG
>>
>>143482027
>Production on Dexter’s Laboratory was horribly rushed
That explains a lot of the rough edges.
>>
>>143483977
This and SATURDAYS ARE MADE FOR DADS are the only things I remember from the post Gennedy seasons.
>>
>>143484023
I remember that, SATURDAYS ARE MADE FOR DADS and that episode where Dee Dee catches the boy band virus, because the little tune everyone sung was actually kinda catchy.
>>
>>143483883
Good point a show can be good and that being enough, I think as a culture we tend to obsess over winners and looser and dismiss any show or piece of culture that isn't a 10/10 classic. That is why movie culture is obsessed with every movie breaking box office the first weekend or why games that have lower score that 8 are considered a failure. But like you said a show doesn't need to be timeless to be good.

There is one thing I think Dexter has over most other shows of that era, and that is the backgrounds, damn those backgrounds where great, it really gives the lab a sense of scale and makes you feel anything can happen.
>>
File: GMwwSw-XwAA7vC2.jpg (264 KB, 2000x2000)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/CNschedules/status/1786857943163351446

Dexter is getting a complete series DVD release. Hopefully CN will put in Ego Trip. I doubt the banned episodes will get in tho
>>
>>143484129
Looks really neat, I bet those eyes are holes and the inside of the box has a render of the lab.
>>
>>143484081
You can definitely see the beginnings of Samurai Jack in Dexter’s Laboratory, and it gives Dexter a unique strength.
>>
>>143480824
>>character designs of Savino
Genndy & Andy were the real designers, Savino is just an animator.
>>
>>143484023
>>143484042
>he doesn't remember the infamous golf skit
>>
>>143484395
Definitely, rewatching Dexter there is a lot of stuff that would appear in later works of Genndy and McKracken. The speed hovercraft from that episode actually reminds me of a scene in clone wars where Anakin fights in space, it has the same high speed vehicle idea with the camera following the shit in a single take as it moves through the landscape.
>>
>>143482656
>That being said maybe that is the reason why the show isn't as fondly remembered or brought back like other shows, it has so many things in it that there isn't a clear core of what Dexter's Lab is, is it a comedy taking place in a lab? is it a show about a intelligent kid dealing with school life? is it about three superheroes sharing an apartment or a monkey with superpowers fighting for justice? I think Dexter is a lot of different thing for different people which makes it hard to appreciate as a fandom because the appeal is not as cut and dry as other shows like Johnny Bravo or Powerpuff girls.
I think most people can say that the show is about Dexter( a kid scientist ) having a Lab or having an annoying cheeky sibling who likes the bottom of him for fun that's the show's premise the Monkey and the Justice Friends shorts are just side pieces because that was what the Hannah Barber was doing at the time with that comedies and most people remember the show for a Dexter anyways (not the same monkey and for Justice friends are bad they're good)
>>
>>143485300
*That has a lab while having a cheeky sibling that bothers him for fun
>>
>>143480914
Warner Bros are very stupid about their media, and apparently they've been like that since the begging,
>>
>>143485300
yeah but you can tell something is missing after the revival when they discarded Monkey and Justice friends.
>>
>>143485880
Yeah exactly so I don't know where the sentiment is where like the reason why Dexter is in timeless because people cannot figure out it's premise or it has to be just One singular thing
>>
>>143486075
*isn't
>>
File: GDRTnAYXIAADLQw.jpg (263 KB, 2470x1752)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (1.94 MB, 1000x993)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
Came here to say the GBA game had good music, or at least music that really fit the series feeling of epic scope and needlessly dramatic chords.

the game was just alright though Except for that glitch right at the very end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8uiaj-aCyA&list=PLIzNuYHc8Q2xdxuYUMbTYZNAVFmpIQW9A&index=6
>>
>>143486119
Dexter x Lee Lee can honestly be kind of a cute couple
>>
>>143478975
wtf that was real.
>>
>>143478315
Admittedly, as a bratty kid with an older sister I could relate to that aspect of the show. The slumber party episode was pretty accurate.
>>
>>143481872
>>143482868
>>143483561
This wasn't even the only show with these themes I remember from the era and it likely is the source of my desire for romantic relations with my sister.
>>
>>143480878
So that means it has post Genndy seasons.
It’s shit.
>>
>>143486119
>>143486175
Should be a Dexter harem with the trio of girls whose names rhyme and do ballet. Come to think of it, I don't see that many art with Dexter and Mee Mee.
>>
>>143477467
You are way too old to be talking about cartoons like this.
>>
>>143476749
Not only was the show good, they could've made spin off shows with the side characters.
>>
File: 1655593257031.jpg (390 KB, 1000x996)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>143486745
Dee Dee and her friends would dom Dexter pretty easily.
>>
>>143487151
NOW you're talking! If they did make an anime of Dexter, they should totally do that, Dexter's harem.
>>
File: Dextermultiplekiss.jpg (107 KB, 1236x554)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>143487151
>>
File: 110163062.jpg (303 KB, 600x2268)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>143487151
>>
>>143487178
>>
File: 80870181.jpg (668 KB, 1193x1200)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
>>143487450
Dexter doesn't know how lucky he has it
>>
File: Dexter school life.png (861 KB, 1366x768)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
>>143486745
There are very few girls for a harem to choose from, most characters that aren't DeeDee and friends only appear for a couple of episodes at most.
>>
>>143486817
>lel dude dont talk about cartoons in the cartoon thread in the cartoons board
What do you even get from being like this? Whats the point of being here?
>>
File: 1696030959012.png (1.2 MB, 1294x2200)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>143487524
All 3 of them teasing Dexter until he bursts is perfect. Or he turns the tables on them and become the dom.
>>
>>143487524
>>
>>143487151
>>143487765
Dexter could use that Clone-O-Matic he and the girls used that one episode so each girl has a Dexter they can have fun with, or multiple Dexters if they want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhZ6NacF43w
>>
File: 51SBgOPmrlL._SL500_.jpg (45 KB, 318x500)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
What makes Dexter stand out in terms of the other Cartoon Cartoons at the time
>>
>>143487985
>anyone can watch it
>adult jokes
>science is based
>boy genius
>robots
>>
>>143487636
Even though it's one episode
>>
>>143487151
>>143487636
>>143487765
>>143487926
>>
>>
>>143487985
Primetime had such a cool asethetic
>>
File: 260[1].png (108 KB, 260x289)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>143488165
my favorite one off character was the black widow girl
>>
https://youtu.be/6qcXKbE5BVU?si=FqZDrml7x-ijosTW

At 1:05-1:22. There was that one time.
>>
>>143488202
He's gonna be drained dry by the time all these clones are done with him.
>>
>>143480878
>Complete series
I’ll believe it when I see it. Never forget the “complete” series Ed, Edd n Eddy set that left out the holiday episodes and the Big Picture Show.
Would be genuinely surprised if they include Ego Trip, very rarely rerelease that it seems. Very much doubt it’ll have Rude Removal and Barbequor
>>
>>143487636
A couple of tsunderes for the harem is good.
>>
File: idk.png (706 KB, 600x600)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
>>143476749
Show was fine, I think it aged well by not being too quirky. The inventions compliments his child wonder than it being the center of attention. If that makes any sense, because I notice there's a difference between Dexter and other modern smart side character. Having to hide his genius from his parents likely helped preserved that grounded feel of childhood. But I don't like the newer seasons.
>>
>>143488616
....huh, that is surprisingly hot.
>>
>>143488702
>The same model that RC used in the skit.
Wonder how much money CN gave them to buy that or if they let them borrow it.
>>
>>143488874
The RC guys either use their own stuff or make it from scratch.
>>
File: 89920996_p0_master1200.jpg (657 KB, 1200x849)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
>>
Sex with Dee Dee
>>
>>
>>143476749
no it sucked ass. jimmy neutron was this show done very right. also fuck albert einstein.
>>
>>143488945
Will Dexter turn the feed off when they start practice making out or keep watching?
>>
File: 3148181d7412c530_w.jpg (48 KB, 600x338)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>143487926
>>143488202
>>143488439

Does anyone think the Dexter clones and the Dee/Mee/Lee clones began to fall for each other and had a big orgy during the slumber party?
>>
>>143478830
American here. At least around where I live, ice cream men only really ran around during the summer, since it would be hot out and people would be more likely to splurge on overpriced frozen treats for relief.

Also, the fucked up Sonic the Hedgehog and SpongeBob popsicles absolutely existed, and yes, they were often as bad or even worse than you may have seen them portrayed.
>>
>>143476749
complicated, it was a show full of adventures and refererence everywhere, but dexter is a piece of shit who almost make the show unwatchable
>>
>>143478434
>You got change for a hundred?
>RRRAAAAAUUUUUGHHHHH
One of my favorite jokes in the entire series. The timing is just perfect.
>>
File: QCfwj83kwb36AG4U.webm (1.33 MB, 640x480)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB WEBM
>>
>>143485300
Man, now that I think about it, this highlights why this style of cartoon shows were always hit or miss for me. It wasn't until college where I realized that hanna barbera cartoons were paired with each other. I might be misremembering, but i think boomerang showed the cartoons separate from one another.

I liked Atom Ant, but hatedThe Hillbilly Bears.
I thought The Impossibles were tolerable, but Frankenstein Jr. was stupid
I thought Quick Draw McGraw was okay, but didn't care for Auggie/Doggie or Snooper/Blabber.

More modern example, is 2 Stupid Dogs, I hated that show, but I tolerated it, because it had Secret Squirrel in it. Which to my surprise was aired with Atom Ant originally.

Somehow Dexter's Lab got Dial M for Monkey and Justice Friends right. Maybe because they weren't widely different genres and they kind of parody the old Hanna Barbera cartoons. But The art was good, the humor was good, and the action was good.
>>
>>143489604
If they can't reboot Dexter, they could always bring back Justice Friends. Or TV Puppet Pals spinoff done in the style of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, only kid friendlier.
>>
>>143489736
I can see those being a small web series, or a short. I'm a bit hesitant on rebooting anything superhero related in this day an age. But I do like the Idea of bringing Justice Friends back all serious, Dark and edgy looking, and then bait-switching into something funny to jab at all the angsty tragic back story stuff.
>>
>>143489602
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRoaQdXnUU4
>>
File: 1685416913602.jpg (59 KB, 1022x285)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>143487178
Maybe have Dee Dee host a slumber party with all the girls from her ballerina class and use Dexter as their plaything.
>>
File: Muffin king.jpg (159 KB, 1080x810)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>143489604
>2 Stupid Dogs, I hated that show, but I tolerated it, because it had Secret Squirrel in it.
Same here, the only thing I remember of two stupid dogs is the song. But secret Squirrel was good.

Yeah I think one of the strength of Dexter was that all the segments where good, Dexter was a solid show overall, that being said even if you move aside Monkey and Justice Friends. The Dexter stuff itself is hard to define. Sure you had adventures in lab or Dexter using super science to solve a super mundane problem, those episodes are probably what people think when they think in the show, but for every episode that followed the formula there was one that broke it, you had adventures in imagination land with DeeDee and Koosy, weird stuff like Dee Dee and the gnomes or the goldfish ghost, Mock 5 and slice of life stuff that had little to do with the lab like the episode where Dexter adventures to the dark part of the bus or the one with the bullies who hates kids with funny accents. The thing is those are also good I would say some of the best and more memorable stuff from the show comes from those episodes. So even Dexter's Laboratory in its purest form doesn't really have a focused premise like others contemporaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=032dMSGAf-Y
>>
>>143486287
Explain
>>
Why is it that Dexters Lab always attracts foot fetishists?
>>
File: 1200[1].png (497 KB, 1200x900)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
>>143489736
>Or TV Puppet Pals spinoff done in the style of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, only kid friendlier.
Puppet Pals was already kind of like Don't Hug me I'm scared I remember their episode disturbed me as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ikg9NB0tc
>>
>>143490271
One of the characters has big feet and every steps she makes there is this wet squishy sound.
>>
>>143480878
>>143480914
>>143485603
>>143488613

Not to mention, how Warner DVDs of cartoons would re-release the previous old DVDs from like mid 2000s (DVD menus and all) and then the new ones are completely soulless with generic presentation.

https://youtu.be/B0CpqR0GDZk?t=369
>>
File: 981723891723.jpg (218 KB, 1905x1337)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>143481872
>oh, what does THIS button do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP4XjxEnwL8
>>
>>143490271
>>143490337
These scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmYi6dr2Zf0&pp=ygUTZGV4dGVyIGRlZSBkZWUgZmVldA%3D%3D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4lVUNpNNY
>>
>>143480878
If it's not in region 1 or missing ego trip i'll shit fire down the throats of everyone at warner-discovery.
>>
File: 042.gif (993 KB, 499x335)
993 KB
993 KB GIF
>>
>>143490314
I just now released he was specifically doing a Lou Ferrigno impression.
>>
>>143490314
Sometimes is important to stop and question what your are seeing.

>>143490517
I wouldn't know I never heard the guy speak.
>>
>>143490509
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxF0f32I1PM&pp=ygUMZGV4dGVyIGJlYXJk

Lee Lee and Mee Mee were digging Dexter's new look
>>
File: 96618753.jpg (1012 KB, 1714x1200)
1012 KB
1012 KB JPG
>>
File: liketorunandscreamedit.jpg (206 KB, 2328x564)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>
File: 1710598099280000.gif (457 KB, 220x165)
457 KB
457 KB GIF
>weird lee-lee freak hijacks thread
>>
>>143489116
>jimmy neutron
thanks for the laugh
>>
>>143490263
>Teen Magazines
>Loud Music
>Teasing
>Makeup
Falls in line with a girl sleepover
>>
>>143488613
The Ed specials and movies weren't on Max either and I assume that's what the DVD based its lineup on. Does Egotrip not get included with Dexter on streaming too?
>>
>>143491181
It is (or was, I don't know the status) on Amazon Prime.
>>
File: ProfessorWilliams.png (575 KB, 605x913)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
>>143476749
Wtf.was his problem?
>>
Was anything ever good
>>
>>143486153
The music in that game is amazing, though I wish I could hear it without the horrible GBA compression. I would say it could had been a great video game that wasn't shovelware crap if it wasn't so buggy. And fuck that glitch near the end. I wish I knew about the replacement program.
>>
>>143480878
I’ll probably buy it for half price and throw seasons 3 & 4 in the trash.
>>
File: file.png (148 KB, 399x297)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
How can anyone ask that
>>
File: FLMOTtkXEAA3ueJ.png (188 KB, 1100x1300)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>
>>143478556
>>143478975
>>>/trash/65464536
>>
I liked Mandark more as a jerk than an outright villain.
>>
>>143476749
Yes, I never had any problems with it and always thought it was funny even the later seasons don't bug me and I don't mind the simpler and clearer artstyle which actually works better for digital animation, Dexter might one of few cartoons I have like no issues with.
>>
File: RCO001.jpg (607 KB, 1048x1600)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
>>143494041
The only thing I say about later seasons, is the show just did more screw the viewer jokes and it got weirder but Dexter was always a weird show and also the DC comics are fun and worth looking at with a lot of unique art.
>>
File: 1696338675926.jpg (1.29 MB, 1684x2536)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>143481872
If Dexter's going to commit incest anyway, I don't see why he wouldn't go for his mom.
>>
>>143476749
>Chris Savino = Shit
>Genndy = Godlike

I don't know why this concept is so hard.
>>
>>143476749
Got better after the artstyle change.
>>
>>143493965
Cute
>>
>>143476749
Yes. More than half the cartoons from this period are genuinely good.
>>
>>143476777
Those episodes felt like a completely different show. It was awful.
>>
>>143481268
The show's humor sometimes edged towards naughty but never as explicitly gross or upsetting as Ren and Stimpy.
>>
>>143484129
Banned? Why?
>>
>>143494314
“Barbequor,” a Monkey cartoon about a parody of Galactus, was pulled from reruns for some reason.

And “Dexter’s Rude Removal” never aired on TV. It’s about Dexter removing the rudeness from himself and Dee-Dee, creating rude counterparts who use (bleeped-out) swears.
>>
>>143494617
>Dexter’s Rude Removal
Ahhh right. I remember watching that.
>>
>>143494617
Because the Silver Surfer parody, the Silver Spooner, was a flamboyantly gay stereotype.
>>
File: 1696280641028.png (3.72 MB, 2000x2541)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
>>
>>143492837
>>143493443
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2PDPI1FUYA
>>
Does Genndy still love the show or does he feel indifferent about it since those revival seasons
>>
>>143496349
You have to consider a show is different from a creator that a viewer, for many Dexter was a cornerstone of your chilldhoods, but Mabye Genndy just remembers all the stress of managing so many episodes in so little time.
>>
>>143495407
In the outside she is a flirt to dexter, but (maybe) at home she acts like mandark and blushing embarrassingly when she flirted with dexter.
>>
File: 27965e8217dcf5cc.png (1.15 MB, 1500x2100)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>143476749

https://baraag.net/@kritrfilr/112045535267837315
>>
File: GL5BXelWMAAnSCM.jpg (452 KB, 3128x2811)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>143495407
>>
File: 99163754_p2_master1200.jpg (268 KB, 733x733)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>143497555
Never this, only villains do this
>>
>>143496525
I heard that Dexter still hits his favorite show and the most proudest that he created of all the shows he did in the top 10 on the article
>>
File: 1696082462958.jpg (291 KB, 1280x1464)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>
File: latest[1].png (558 KB, 720x540)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
>>143497611
Imagine a character that is just hips, now that I think about it Lalavava is just Tiff Crust
>>
Does Dee Dee like that Dexter is the perfect height to see her panties constantly?
>>
>>143478315
I remember when I was 5 I didn’t see any issues with playing with girls until the cootie episode
>>
Speaking about Dexter and Cartoon Network, what's with the cartoon cartoon name anyways what's his purpose
>>
>>
>>143496349
Dexter definitely is a lot different from the stuff he would later make afterwards.
The closest to Dexter we ever got that he made was the Hotel Transylvania movies.
>>
>>143498939
I guess it was just a way to say those where their in house shows
>>
File: 1683493996954412.png (632 KB, 820x534)
632 KB
632 KB PNG
>>
>>143494708
Nope. It was actually because of legal issues with Marvel. They thought that the parodies in question were to close to the real thing and threatened CN.
>>
>>143482656
>>
File: GJfeFkcX0AAnJzd.jpg (99 KB, 1080x1080)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>143500005
Peak character design
>>
File: Feetfags be like.webm (1.1 MB, 640x480)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB WEBM
>>143490271
>Why is it that Dexters Lab always attracts foot fetishists?
>>
>>
>>143500903
Kid me stood no chance against coomer cartoonists. They cursed me with this fetish.
>>
>>143490154
>Girls back when we were younger did ballet class
>Now they're all whores before 13
What happened, bros?
>>
File: file.png (364 KB, 640x482)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>>143502094
you and me both. I'm pretty sure pic related is why I'm a muscle furry artist into apes
>>
>>143476777
I thought the Savino seasons were shittily written but I do think the art directions was an improvement
>>
>>143502364
Well at least is justified that guy looks hot.
>>
Beware the teleporter
>>
File: file.png (767 KB, 606x611)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>143502901
tell me about it! Yet there's like almost nothing of him.
>>
I was looking around, but isn't there a chart of CN animated cartoons, separated by year of release? All the lists I find are separated by Eras, but I never agree with the choices in each generation, which is why I wanted one per year.
>>
>>143504322
Is hard to point out eras because a lot of shows crossover with each others, for example you can argue 2 stupid dogs, Dexter and Johnny Bravo are from the same era, but 2 of them went for so long that they became part of the lineup of later years like PPG or Cow and Chicken. and those in turn went on to a different era of the mid 00s with Courage or KND or foster, and in between those shows you have a handful that only lasted a one or few season and came an went while the others stayed.
>>
File: 259[1].jpg (21 KB, 386x259)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>143503797
I can say that for a lot of Dexter stuff, half of pic related sexy pics are behind paywalls
>>
>>143476749
In the early season, yes.
>>
>>143498939
Hannah Barbera toons specifically made to air on Cartoon Network.
>>
File: latest[1].png (398 KB, 640x480)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
>>143476749
Og dexter also had some unique tittle cards unlike others shows that had the same format, Dexter always had unique art
>>
test
>>
File: Dee Dee Ain't Scared.jpg (391 KB, 2337x1930)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>
File: 1475674874765.png (102 KB, 450x450)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>143507464
Sir Johnny Test is a whole different show.
>>
>>143476749
Only good memories I had of the high-school days was waking up, watching Dexter's Laboratory while still in bed, then get out of bed and go to skool. When they aired an actual new ep it was a good day alright.
>>
>>
>>143487450
Foot tf is so rare.
>>
>>143476777
FPBP and Lucky Trips.
Original Dexter's Lab was an excellent, unique, weird original show. Savino's Lab was soulless, messy bullshit.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (225 KB, 466x348)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
Warning Topless pic of Dexter Mom.
>>
>>143478292
As a child, I was utterly fascinated by the implications of Dexter's Lab. It was like a dimension unto itself. Impossibly huge and labyrinthine, almost incomprehensibly huge in a way that even Dexter doesn't fully understand the layout. It's just such a cool, one of a kind place that no other cartoon has ever matched.
>>
>>143476749
No it wasn't. Dexter suffered too often, and his mom was a 10 yet the closest she got to being tied up was when she was bound with a reef in "Mom and Jerry" while the closest she ever got to a gag was when she had a pacifier as a baby. And they wasted a perfectly good character that is Lala Vava. She could have been a love interest for Dexter. Though I think Lala Vava should be the one simping since Dexter has been established to have existent taste in females while Lala Vava only had one episode to develop. I get that Dexter's lab was Cartoon network's first original cartoon (or at least it's first cartoon cartoon), but it's been long overdue time we all took off our nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>143488616
Shame we never see Becky and Gwen again.
>>
>>143476749
I liked it more than others. Maybe because of his cute and funny sister.
>>
>>143508799
>No it wasn't. Dexter suffered too often
Here we go with the mean Spirit allegations again despite that it shouldn't be an alternate Factor why a show is bad
>>
It was okay but it was on the weaker end of stuff I enjoyed back then. Still miles better than the uninspired shit that airs now.
>>
>>143511314
What did you enjoy
>>
>>143511358
PPG, Samurai Jack, KND, Johnny Bravo (though I haven't seen this in forever), What's New Scooby Doo (same thing), random classic shit they used to air like Tom and Jerry, Courage, etc.
Like I said I didn't hate Dexter but I thought it was weaker than everything I listed plus probably more.
>>
>>143511397
What makes it weaker like the characters or are they actual show despite Powerpuff pretty much does the same thing
>>
>>143511413
imo both the characters and the premise, plus I found Dexter's way of speaking not funny. It wasn't annoying, just that most of the gags with it didn't land for me as a kid or now.
>>
>>143511434
By the way are you talking about the revival seasons or the older ones
>>
>>143476749
I loved it when I was young and identified with the smart kid trope, but now I enjoy the humor in Johnny Bravo and Cow and Chicken more. Still a good show though.
>>
>>143511459
I was too young to know the difference back then so I'm not sure, it was never a show I had a burning desire to rewatch is all I can say.
I caught a couple episodes on checkered past one night a couple months ago but as I expected they were just okay, not as good as some of other stuff back then but still more bite to it than modern stuff.
>>
>>143478830
I thought they were already anachronistic in the 90s, most everyone had a freezer in their house so there was no point to them anymore.
>>
>>143511489
I'm surprised Johnny Bravo and cow and Chicken are hated though unlike Dexter
>>
>>143490805
>>143493965
I love these. So cute.
>>
>>143478830
They existed only in summer time. Not as many as there used to be, but they are still around every summer.
t. '99 zoomer
>>
File: DexLabMandark_DXLO_E.png (60 KB, 320x256)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Dexter's Laboratory might have the worst fate of any cartoon with seasonal life, might be even a worse fate than The Fairly Odd Parents
>>
What's your guys most funniest joke/gag in Dexter?
>>
>>143511551
I can kind of see it with Johnny Bravo because, like Dexter, it went through its own art style and writing changes, though personally I think Johnny holds up under both showrunners unlike Savino Dexter. The hate for Cow and Chicken though, I will never understand.
>>
>>143511907
People hate weird grossed out shows, but still praise R&S
>>
File: DexterDeeDeefun.jpg (328 KB, 978x759)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>143478315
In the comics, Dexter suddenly tries out Dee Dee's dancing and realizes he enjoys it.
>>
>>143511781
>label gun episode
>Mom and Dad leaving after grounding mislabeled Dexter to Dee Dee's room
>Dad, dismissively: "Now, stay in your room, Dee Dee. Play with your... Dexters, or something."
The way he flawlessly delivers that line cracks me up every time.
>>
File: 96618753 edit.jpg (440 KB, 1210x722)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>143490805
>>143493965
>>
>>143499976
Imagine if this girl encountered Lee Lee or even Mee Mee
>>
>>143502838
>but I do think the art directions was an improvement
Fucking how? It looked like poorly drawn fan art. They ruined all the beautiful geometric proportions of the characters, it triggered my autism really hard as a kid.
>>
>>143512062
The funny thing is that Genndy designed those redesigns
>>
>>143512089
Talented people can make awful mistakes sometimes too, like George Lucas.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (744 KB, 2025x3000)
744 KB
744 KB JPG
Remember this, /co/?
>>
>>143476749
>WORMS AND PLASTIC MINNOWS
>Now where am I going to find worms and plastic minnows?
>THE FLORIDA EVERGLADES
>Car screeches away
It was great.
>>
>>143512375
What happened to that?
>>
>>143502838
yeah i thought it looked fine
>>
>>143512375
No, what is it?
>>
>>143512632
Nothing as far as I can tell, since Tim disappeared from the web.

>>143512687
An ancient Lee Lee obsessed /co/ lolcow's weird dexter fanfic. The whole description of it is here https://timbox.fandom.com/wiki/Dexter%27s_Odyssey/2006_Version if you feel like reading through that much text. But basically he wanted to make a trilogy of epic Dexter movies, then at some point he enlarged his idea to 12 movies.
>>
File: 108500407.jpg (308 KB, 1200x945)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>
File: 6278720.jpg (717 KB, 1786x2500)
717 KB
717 KB JPG
>>
File: 108500407 edit.jpg (309 KB, 1200x945)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>143513092
>>
File: 77401861.jpg (148 KB, 563x945)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>
File: RCO018_1469119641.jpg (1.06 MB, 1988x3056)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>
It's going to be really sad in the future when the show's not going to get remembered fondly by the new generation
>>
>>143476749
The best kids cartoon of the 20th century.
>>
>>143478830
>baby bummer
I like this . Better way to describe boomers really.
>>
>>143511608
Spongebob and Fairly OddParents were gradual declines with a creative that were losing steam. Dexter went from amazing to dogshit after a movie finale. A clear sign it was over once Gennedy left.
>>
>>143480960
As someone who use to be a lorefag in his teenage years, I couldn't agree more. I find myself coming back more and more to episodic, loose continuity stuff rather than serialized drivel. One just feels like a chore and commitment while the other serves its actual purpose as temporary entertainment, and yes, creatively, it leads to better individual episodes when you aren't tied down by unnecessary details.
>>
>>143511781
The entirety of the mechanical parrot episode. That shit had me fucking dying as a kid, especially the bit with mom as >>143512403 posted.
>>
>>143513587
NTA but I like it best when shows have a middleground. Still entirely episodic, but later episodes may have subtle callbacks to previous episodes. I remember Ed Edd n Eddy had a handful of these.
>>
I don't know how people can hate the last two seasons when this exist:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kumadtlMM54
>>
>>143513617
Dexter did too
>>
>>143513658
Oh yeah, wasn't saying that it didn't, I was just pointing out that I like it when cartoons do that.
>>
File: 16930863.jpg (86 KB, 1334x750)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>
>>143513617
Yeah, that works too. Something like Rugrats clearly has some continuity, but they're more bulletpoints/milestones that help distinguish the various periods of the show, like original seasons, the Dil seasons, the Kimi seasons.
>>
>>143511907
Johnny definitely holds up under both showrunners. And while I don't hate Cow and Chicken, it is mogged hard by I Am Weasel
>>
File: 1667360556857.webm (1.05 MB, 640x480)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB WEBM
>>
>>143512103
George Lucas had a good idea and had the luxury to be surrounded by very talented people.
>>
>>143513617
Hey Arnold had a clear set of side and background characters and light continuity but it was clearly a episodic show.
>>
File: F_nVbYlbcAEMdfz.png (308 KB, 688x900)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>
>>143476749
I like the Gennedy years except the Justice Friends segments. Dial M for Monkey was great.
>>
>>143513617
Off topic to the subject, I think Jackie Chan Adventures perfected the formula of telling a somewhat seralized story through episodic stories.
>>
>>143515455
What about Kids Next Door?
>>
We said that the series will never get revival but PPG can have a thousand of them
>>
>>143514618
Lala could've been a fun character. I wish she hadn't be retcon out of existence.
>>
File: savino-dexter.jpg (161 KB, 2000x900)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>143512089
I want to see an actual source for this claim and not just you posting it every time the subject comes up.
>>
>>143516051
The PPG is several metrics more popular than Dexter and it's seen as having more market value beyond nostalgia bait for early Gen Y since it can be sold as a girl's brand in the eyes of investors.
>>
>>143515455
Because much like old anime only the first and last episode of a season actually mattered.
>>
>>143512403
>Whoooose trying to sneak up on me?
>Dexter, boy genius. Dexter's a cookie!
>Shhhh I'm trying to watch my show!
>I'm gonna bop you!
>Now that is no way to talk to your-
>YOU ARE A STUPID GIRL. GET OUT OUT GET OUT GET OUT. Hyuck hyuck hyuck. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!
>I-I-I'm sorry...
>You're a cookie! GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!
>>
>>143515297
>except the Justice Friends segments
I cannot eat tortilla chips without thinking about Crunk getting one jammed in his tooth. It lives permanently in my head. Especially considering it has happened to me a few times.
>>
>>
>>
File: r6yw645natyc1.png (1.66 MB, 776x4158)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
Since people are discussing several CN series in this thread.

Which Cartoon Network periods/years are your favorite?

>>143514306
>>
>>143519016
I think from 98 to 02 and the era when Regular show came out. I think City era was a great because it was a perfect mix bewteen the new and the old.
>>
>>143519016
Cartoon Network/TNT Asia 1996-2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsU-wsMvBOU&pp=ygUcY2FydG9vbiBuZXR3b3JrL3RudCBtYW5kYXJpbg%3D%3D

Got exposed to WCW Nitro here.
>>
>>143480878
>>143484129
Some motherfucker is trying to scam people on ebay with the pre-orders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156194356809
>>
File: anatomy of a gamer.png (427 KB, 1074x746)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
Was Dexter a gamer?
>>
>>143476749
I liked it as a kid, can't stand it as an adult. All a part of growing up.
>>
>>143480475
So Dexter's Lab
>>
>>143520473
So Dee Dee Lee Lee and Mee Mee are in love with him?
>>
>>143519193
Oh wow, that is fascinating to see! I always forget that other countries would market their content differently depending on the region.
>>
>>143521230
Hey, if you think that's fascinating, Cartoon Network Philippines aired The Simpsons in the late 2000s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI62nUtFGnQ&pp=ygUkY2FydG9vbiBuZXR3b3JrIHBoaWxpcHBpbmVzIHNpbXBzb25z
>>
>>143520349
Do you like other cartoon cartoons now
>>
File: 1684449910775.jpg (49 KB, 720x480)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>143519016
96-04

05 was the start of stinkers outnumbering the good shows (that's not to say everything prior was amazing, fucking nobody remembers Mike, Lu, and Og)
>>
>>143521304
CN also showed Heidi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MvmLEBIgqA&ab_channel=Sardina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnEHMwik-Ec&t=291s&ab_channel=Sardina
>>
>>143523668
Don't forget Akazukin Chacha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3A3VTxiDc&pp=ygUgYWthenVraW4gY2hhY2hhIGNhcnRvb24gbmV0d29yayA%3D
>>
File: 1646286851869.png (1018 KB, 1407x1080)
1018 KB
1018 KB PNG
How did they got away with this?
>>
>>143524302
Soviet Union was gone by then
>>
File: Andy Suriano.jpg (765 KB, 1242x931)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
Anyone remember that Dexter episode where a CN artist self-inserted himself as this chad bully?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (68 KB, 1280x720)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>143524422
Man even the background characters got a nose dive
>>
File: old-man-dexter.jpg (42 KB, 467x360)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>143519016
I watched Cartoon Network from the time it was Hanna-Barbera slop, WB shows, and a handful of anime like Speed Racer and Voltron, right up to the early episodes of Time Squad and Samurai Jack. I missed out on a few things like KND and Grim Adventures, but I got to experience most of the good stuff before the network (and the whole industry) went to complete shit, and I'm thankful for that.
>>
>>143524302
Every normal person knew communism was a sham back then. No one cared what a hand full of pot smoking tankie bums thought before the internet gave them a wider audience of atupid children to groom
>>
>>143519016
I was very engaged from about 94 to whenever grim ended and loved alot of those shows. While i was at that middle school high school age were i wasnt interested in it any more thw shows at that time seemed shitty to me. I started watching again when flapjack and adventure time became a thing and i like those shows until the current teen girl/queer adult era came to be
>>
>>143524828
Also Ivandoe is pretty fun
>>
>>143519016
Definetly say 2004 and before was their best period. I can acknowledge a lot of the shows are after are still prettty good but they weren't my exactly my style of humor or writing.
Save for stuff like Generator Rex. That was really good
>>
>>143478830
I haven't seen any around in a few years.
>>
>>143489604
>>143490169
The only thing from 2 Stupid Dogs i remember was the little yellow dog eating an ice cream sandwich and saying it tastes like shit. Not using that exact word obviously. Any time I saw that show on, it was literally always that same episode. I don't know how I managed to always catch that specific episode, but that scene and his dialogue is burned in my head.
>>
>>143519016
Probably 98 to about 03. That era is what I remember most fondly. I still watched pretty much everything on here up until around 2013. I was in high school by then and wasn't interested in CN anymore.
>>
>>143519016
1995 to 2005 were golden.
>>
>>143478292
>>143478852
Funny thing for me, where I live, the Genndy seasons called Mandark by his original name while in the later ones, the dub changed his name to something else for some reason, so as a kid I legitimately thought that these were separate characters that just happened to look the same.
>>
>>
File: 105602218_p0_master1200.jpg (442 KB, 900x1200)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: DextersFriends.jpg (107 KB, 735x665)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Thoughts on Dexter's other friends
>>
>>143528198
The fact that they only exist for one episode is a prime example of the shows issues. That said it was a great episode
>>
>>143528804
The glasses kid and the one in the hood show up for the Star Trek parody one too.
>>
>>143528198
Does he even needs friends in his life?
>>
>That koos jerk? No thanks!
What did he do?
>>
>>143529974
You know there is a sort of bashing to Dexter Lab, in PPG with everyone hating Koos and the Justice Friends showing up just to get emasculated. I wonder if Craig or anyone else felt bitter after working on Dexter
>>
>>143528198
D&DD is one of my favorite episodes, now that I think about it a lot of my favorite episodes had nothing to do with the lab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwHFp-6saDk

>>143528804
>>143528846
There is a weird rule of two in Dexter's laboratory, the bully girls only show up in two episodes, Dexter's D&D friends only show up in two episodes.
>>
>>143530905
>I wonder if Craig or anyone else felt bitter after working on Dexter
Nah, I doubt it. McCracken and Tartakovsky were college buddies and they had a healthy working relationship, they probably just thought it'd be fun to throw a nod at Dexter by using/referencing Major Glory, the Justice Friends and Koos the same way Dexter shows up in the background a few times in PPG.
>>
>>143527922
I like that Dee Dee seems oblivious to what she's doing to him, but Lee Lee and Mee Mee are totally tempting him on purpose.
>>
>>143531565
Lee Lee and Mee Mee want Dexter bad
>>
>>143476749
It was alright. I watched it every time it was on, but I was always more interested in other shows that would come on after it, like Ed Edd n Eddy or Kids Next Door.
>>
>>143476777
Fippy bippy
>>
dexter was a dope show pre savino and gave us great moments like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWqotMssnY&ab_channel=JohnBravo
>>
>>143527922
Love this trio
>>
>>143528804
I feel like it's justified since one of the main purpose of the show and theme is about Dexter and DeeDee sibling rivalry relationship
>>
>>143533106
What did Ed's had that Dexter didn't despite Ed's has less stuff going on versus Dexter's variety of genres that tackles
>>
>>143530905
Nah, in fact Craig McCracken that's gone on and said that Dexter was a blessing in terms of improving his craft and storyboarding and it was the reason why PPG got Greenlit
>>
File: 23a[1].gif (3.69 MB, 450x337)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB GIF
>>143533689
>>
>>143512403
that episode still makes me laugh. I look for it on youtube every so often
>>
>>143528804
two episodes, the dnd one the image is from and the star trek sealed box one
>>
File: dexters lab sucks.jpg (9 KB, 251x235)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>143476749
>>
File: Mmm Monkey.jpg (359 KB, 1306x2000)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>
>>143530905
Everyone hated koos in dexters lab too. Theu were gonna beat his ass if he showee up to that club
>>
What do you think is the inspiration of this cartoon
>>
>>143476749
it was good (for a while) but not the second coming of christ animation historians and other faggots will say it is
>>
>>143536818
But Eds era
>>
>>143535336
EEnE just appealed to me more. It was funnier, I liked the characters more, the vibes of the show and the adventures the Eds got up to were more entertaining.
>>
>>143536964
*are
>>
>>143536988
What's wrong with Dexter and DD
>>
>>143537015
Nothing's wrong with them. Dexter just never appealed to me the way the Eds did. It's not a bad show, and I have a lot of fond memories watching it. But Ed Edd n Eddy was just on another level for me personally.
>>
>>143537091
Understandable thoughts on other cartoon cartoons like Johnny Bravo and the Powerpuff Girls
>>
>>143536715
>What do you think is the inspiration of this cartoon
Dover Boys
UPA
Hanna Barbera
Anime
>>
>>143537196
I honestly don't remember watching Johnny Bravo that often. The only episode I really remember was the one with the alien who's trying to bring world peace but Johnny being an idiot ruins his plans. It was a really funny episode though. I haven't rewatched the show in a long time so I don't know how I'd feel about it now. I'd probably still find it funny.

Powerpuff Girls I really liked. I liked the action and thought it was cool they could show blood like in Dragonball Z. Mojo, the Professor and the Mayor were really funny. That episode where Fuzzy Lumpkins becomes the mayor and has Miss Bellum wearing Daisy Dukes gave me some funny feelings when I was little.
>>
>>143537357
What about courage and cow and Chicken
>>
>>143537057
Why?
>>
>>143537592
I don't remember Cow and Chicken at all. I think I saw the episode where somebody was erasing all the characters, but that's all I've seen.

I friggin loved Courage. It was either tied with Ed Edd n Eddy for my favorite CN show or it was in second place, just depended on what episode was on. I have flashes of so many different scenes from the show that immediately come to mind any time I think about it. I rewatched a bunch of episodes a couple years ago, and I still love the show to death even now.
>>
>>143507505
back to /tlhg/ with you ultra
>>
>>143537725
Ultra stopped going there because they hate him lmao
>>
>>143537676
>Courage
That's another show that has less going on than Dexter other than his horror aspects and it's Tex Avery like animation
>>
>>143537057
Thanks for killing the thread you dusgusting faggot
>>
So was Dexter like a toddler
>>
>>143538049

Whaaaaa, why wont you post loli!
>>
>>143538085

Gennedy seasons 7-8, Deedee 9-10
Savino seasons 8-9, Deedee 11-12
>>
>>143537969
What do you mean has less going on?
>>
>>143511516
>most everyone had a freezer in their house
Sure, but did most of them have ice cream in there?
>>
>>143538687
Less characters, literally takes place in the middle of nowhere in Kansas, it can only tackle the horror genre, (but get this these are not cons it's fine)
>>
>>143537357
I'll be honest I watched nothing but Cartoon Network back in the day but for the life of me I can't quite remember Johnny Bravo or Cow and Chicken, sure I remember the basic setup, I remember the characters and some of the jokes, but I couldn't tell you the plot beats of any specific episode the same way I remember the light bulb episode in Dexter or the episode of PPG where the girls play inside the house.
>>
>>143538315
Eh, I don't think Dexter or Dee Dee ever aged more than once. He was 8-9 for the whole show and Dee Dee was 10-11.
>>
>>143538977
Same. They just weren't very memorable for some reason. I remember watching Johnny Bravo reruns on Boomerang when I was in middle school and I actually really liked the show and thought Johnny was hilarious. But initially when it was airing on Cartoon Network from 1997 to 2003 or whenever, it's just a blip except for the alien episode I mentioned.

Cow and Chicken is just utterly forgettable. I don't think it was ever on whenever I was watching CN. It never came on after a show I did like and I never begrudgingly watched it waiting for it to end so I could get to a show I wanted to watch. I just literally don't remember it ever being on.
>>
>>143539235
Which is weird since cow and Chicken had a lot of powerhouse bumpers
>>
File: Dexter Big feet Queen .jpg (311 KB, 1651x1242)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
Seriously what was up with Genndy and feet?
If I had a nickel for every time this show had a scene with their feet or a character with big feet I could use that for a PS5
>>
>>143539361
Thoughts on this ep by the way
>>
>>143538977
>>143537357
>>143539235
I think part of the reason Johnny Bravo wasn't as memorable as Dexter or PPG is because most episodes followed similar premises. I also compare Johnny to characters like Captain Falcon, where people know who he is through cultural osmosis and being associated with popular stuff like Dexter and PPG, but not many actually experienced where he came from.
>>
>>143539550
Doesn't mean the show's bad though
>>
>>143539595
Never said it was.
>>
>>143539550
>but not many actually experienced where he came from.
You can blame WB for that. They never acknowledged or aired his show since 2013. Not even bothering to put it on Checkered Past either.
>>
File: 1696307403723.jpg (94 KB, 720x1170)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (43 KB, 720x405)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>
File: dl21-sep-s0860130.jpg (194 KB, 825x541)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPg4TMPhFsA
>>
>>143529974
There should have been a Dexter's Lab/Foster's Home/PPG crossover with Koos at the center of it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgwjGOOyKiY
>>
File: Spoiler Image (265 KB, 1000x1200)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (253 KB, 1000x1200)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>143541878
>>
>>143482594
Honestly if I had a little brother like Dexter, I'd also randomly pop into his lab to push buttons and just see what happens
>>
>>143482594
Her friends Lee Lee and Mee Mee also love him and are obsessed with him Dexter is their favorite thing in the whole world.
>>
File: 37748021-452-500.jpg (66 KB, 452x500)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>
File: 37748021-452-500 edit.jpg (129 KB, 452x500)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>143542912
>>
>>143541758
Foster forfit crossovers from episode 1. By establishing the othres hows being cartoons in that universe
>>
>>143476749
This show has alot of fetishes
>>
>>143543104
Huh? What are you referring to?
>>
>>143538085
No, I’m pretty sure he’s supposed to be in elementary school because he’s that age. They just made his character design very, very small and square to contrast with Dee Dee, and just didn’t figure on that making him seem younger than he’s supposed to be.
>>
>>143543872
Stop
>>
>>143538141
I dont im not a faggot.
>>
>>143512403
I Mandela effected myself into believing that this joke ended with her on a pier in Florida using her vacuum to pick up the stuff she needed. No idea why but I could always visualize it so clearly.
>>
Compare this show to Jimmy Neutron, Johnny Test, and Phineas and Fred
>>
File: dexters lab feet.jpg (30 KB, 594x444)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
WTF
>>
>>143545986
Chill
>>
>>143481337
Ed Edd n Eddy WAS the longest running cartoon show that survived among the bunch and even though it also had the last season be a downgrade to seasons prior it wasn't too much of a terrible downgrade to what Dexter and Powerpuff Girls suffered. So yes Ed Edd n Eddy for good reason is more popular than Dexter, which it helps that the creator stuck with the series and had full control and his show cannot be given a revival without his consent given the mockery PPG has gone under.
>>
>>143546362
Additionally, it helps that the show has much more memorable quotes in comparison to the kids who watched the show remember and you see them around as memes much like Spongebobs, so it ends up having a staying power in the collective conscious. Dexter for a meme has what? Only the "I have failed you" quote, unless I'm forgetting anything else?
>>
>>143546482
>Only the "I have failed you" quote, unless I'm forgetting anything else?
Omelette de fromage
Dexters mom sick in bed
Dexters mom bikini pool animation
>>
>>143546482
"omelette du fromage", “You are stupid! You are stupid! And don't forget, you are stupid!”,“I am not a cookie!”, also this
>>
>>143546482
And also I feel like this just have to do with the show being around more longer than Dexter had meaning that Zeilnnials like myself only exposure to the Cartoon Cartoons were it, KND, Billy and Mandy.
>>
>>143546482
Powerpuff is kind of the same way sadly
>>
>>143512062
Candi Milo replacing Christina as Dexter was more jarring. I wonder why they couldn't get Nacy Cartwright, if they needed a replacement.
>>
>>143546588
>>143546647
Thanks, aside from the Dexters mom ones I do vaguely remember those.

>>143546712
Certainly, but also it was used often for music material too like "My best friend Plank" or that one with Sarah chasing the Eds who are small in that one animation thing. The show even had a marathon alongside PPG for a boy girl block since both of the shows had a protaginist trio for the genders, so stuff like that did make it like one of Cartoon Networks big hitters when it's receiving promotional stuff like that. https://youtu.be/qOXVSfMPH84?si=d20CQyAEUL7kZtkV
>>
>>143477211
>Ego Trip ruled too
Ego Trip is so damn good. It was basically Genndy showing off how well he could pull of grand-scale, cinematic action sequences, locations, and other cliches on a minimal budget; essentially proof-of-concept for Samurai Jack

I didn't have Cartoon Network as a kid, but I happened to catch it on TV at a hotel during a family vacation in summer of 2000. I was obsessed with it. It's still one of my favorite things to put on if I have an hour to kill.
>>
File: sole brother.png (957 KB, 1200x900)
957 KB
957 KB PNG
>>143476777
>I AM DEEDEE'S FOOT!?
>>
>>143546831
Dexter had too, had a full albums with famous rappers and those type of animation music videos too with the groovies https://youtu.be/fllqkHZVyZ8?si=F9kF-CNKOGcBF636 https://youtu.be/nBVPYgunL90?si=0yzzV5ivuv0YTOrn
>>
>>143546819
Candi was fine, and Nancy will be probably too big to play a character like Dexter on Cartoon Network
>>
>>143546892
This is one of the last segments that Christina voices Dexter and it's still suck, meaning that Christina leaving wasn't the reason why the revival seasons were bad.
>>
>>143546949
>Christina leaving wasn't the reason why the revival seasons were bad.
I've never heard anyone explicitly blame Cavanaugh's replacement as the reason the show got bad. Everyone almost always points the finger at Savino taking over after Tartakovsky. Dexter's new voice just sort of hung a lampshade on the whole shitshow, because Cavanaugh's performance was one of the most iconic and appealing aspects of Dexter's Lab.
>>
>>143547360
Well at least that was the reason why we can't have more Dexter
>>
>>143536964
>>143536990
>But Eds are
...But Eds are what
>>
>>143537015
>reading comprehension
He said it was alright ffs
>>
>>143535336
EEnE was more relatable and reminded you of what it was like growing up. That's really it.
>>
>>143547967
You never had a sibling rivalry
>>
>>143547908
Still getting praise
>>
File: 1666834708559.png (139 KB, 706x1014)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>143542235
Does Dee Dee get jealous when they use Dexter as their toy?
>>
>>
>>143518819
heh
>>
>>143549597
Sauce?
>>
>>143542235
>>143549597
Don’t know about that but I would say yes. Another is that would they try their hands in his hobbies like the table role playing games and robotics?
>>
>>143549597
Where is this from and who is the artist?
>>
>>
>>
File: 1614376616650.jpg (106 KB, 999x768)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>143548406
Ed Edd n Eddy has Ed and Sarah and Eddy and his brother, not to mention the Kankers being sisters.
>>
>>143548406
>What is Ed and Sarah
>>
>>143548424
And rightfully so
>>
>>143555807
I guess that's a good reputation
>>
>>143555856
So Dexter can't be praised though
>>
>>143476777
Ikr
>>
>>143476749
Is Dexter autistic by the way?
>>
>>143549597
Do you have the full pic?
>>
>>
Dexter's Lab has alot more of fetishes. Alot of it includes:

> alot of foot fetish related content
> fart fetish episode
> giant fetish episode
> inflation fetish episode
> thicc tighs fetish jokes
> I'm pretty sure there's more
> crossdressing fetish
> dexter getting naked sometimes
> bubble gum stuck fetish in the bus episode
> Weight Gain Fetish
> Age change fetish like turning 18 or into an old person.
> Boob fetish
> Mutated fetish

I'm pretty sure there's more but that's all I can think of
>>
File: dexterslab1.jpg (124 KB, 716x532)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: dexterslab3.jpg (140 KB, 707x524)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: 1696363782698.png (1.82 MB, 1917x1810)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>
>>143560152
The idea of Mandark having hippie parents is fine, it's a clever idea of having a child rebel by being a scientist rather than a more rebellious act like his parents already are.

Unfortunately Savino has the guano touch and turns everything to shit that he touches.
>>
>>143476749
>>143476777
I fucking hate his trope where a character misses their show they like
>>
>>143553732
I case people don't get the reference.
>>
>>143558499
>>143558507
>>143558700
Kill yourself Augie.
>>
>>143557954
I remember an episode where Dee-Dee excuses Dexter’s behavior by saying “He just has special needs.” So even the creators were aware of this interpretation, and acknowledging it to some degree.

He definitely has a couple of autistic traits — a special interest (science) which he has an extensive and sophisticated knowledge of, but he also sometimes takes figures of speech literally and misunderstands social situations. He’s definitely hyperlexic (big vocabulary), that’s another one.

But I feel like other shows have come closer to making a character seem autistic by accident. Dexter is not the strongest case in my book, just the obvious one to ask about because he fits the stereotypes about autism. (Namely that he’s a smart white boy who is good at science)
>>
File: E4BYobeVUAEyg0F[1].jpg (80 KB, 785x593)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>143560329
That's the thing with Dexter, he and DeeDee are as smart or self aware as the plot saids so, Dexter could be a science autistic or just a normal kid with a super IQ, depending on the episode, same for DeeDee sometimes she is a sassy older sister who likes to mess around with Dexter and other times she is borderline retarded. It depends on who was in charge of that specific episode.
>>
>>143560381
Exactly, and nothing wrong with that. Every viewer will have a different threshold of what's considered out of character, but for a comedy show like this I think it works fine. They're vehicles for stories that feature a boy who can invent anything. From there they can focus on whatever helps sell that fact. Though even that isn't necessary, since there are some without that, such as the DnD episode.
>>
>>143556145
...I didn't say that, schizo
>>
>>143556119
Learn english properly before you come to an english speaking site.
>>
>>143546887
To this day Ego Trip and Zombie Island are my fondest TV kid memories. I didn't know they were making feature-length movies out of the shows I was watching. Caught me totally off-guard when I tuned in expecting an episode rerun.
>>
File: Justice Friends.jpg (10 KB, 263x192)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
personally, i quite enjoyed the Justice Friends segments they were funny and silly so I enjoyed

but i enjoyed the early seasons of the show.
>>
>>143561350
I remember liking it but also remember not having that many episodes
>>
>>143480442
Context?
>>
>>143476777
The only Savino episodes I remember enjoying are the ones with the anime villain and "You're ridin' that hog".
>>
>>143478143
Depends on the episode. Sometimes she's reasonable. Other times she's just breaking Dexter's shit to be a bitch.
>>
>>143484129
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dexter-s-Laboratory-The-Complete-Series-DVD-Turner-Broadcasting-Originals-Animation/5555737365

>12 discs
>1817 min
Would that include Ego Trip or no?
>>
>>143478852
>there's just a Death Star on Mandark's lawn
>>
>>143478434
Between him and the janitor, maybe Dexter was just a little asshole.
>>
>>143562286
You didn't enjoy the Dad washes a car episode?
>>
>>143478021
He is mean
>>
>>143549597
Dexter is soooooooo lucky
>>
File: Dexter's lab girls.jpg (109 KB, 520x364)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>
>A 4K restoration of Dexter and PPGs is possible.
>>
>>
File: 1698875064907.jpg (292 KB, 912x1082)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>
>>143564428
>anon, you promised not in the face!
>>
>>143477933
Nice robot
>>
feet
>>
>>143478975
Neat
>>
>>143564380
How do you know
>>
>>143561350
The only ones I remember were the Krunk gets a tortilla chop stuck in his tooth and the one with Major Glory's uncle. Dial M for Monkey was more memorable.
>>
Because of this thread I found this post, and does Ego Trip have references to Berserk?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/16ppvxf/ive_only_read_the_first_2_volumes_ages_ago_but_is/
>>
File: GEFZNuuXwAAayBB.png (189 KB, 690x875)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
Reminder that Dee Dee loves her mother very much.
>>
File: Asgard.png (417 KB, 927x531)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>143561350
There must've been some huge Kirby/Marvel fans on the team. Fucking Avengers parodies, including characters like Thor, Black Panther, and Ironman long before the MCU, as well as Kirby's space splash.
>>
File: 1200[1].png (911 KB, 1200x900)
911 KB
911 KB PNG
>>143476749
Which is the best episode and why is Rasslor?
>>
>>143568231
I think Paul Rudish was the biggest Kirby fan on staff, he’s credited on the segments with the most of that.

But I think Craig McCracken might have been a Marvel/Kirby fan to some degree as well, since there’s Kirby-like things in Wander Over Yonder.
>>
File: 1674417775282.png (994 KB, 1080x746)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>143568231
That someone was Paul Rudish
>>
>>143568806
Randy macho savage. That’s why.
>>
File: 1674787687258.png (874 KB, 1076x788)
874 KB
874 KB PNG
>>143569111
Kind of a shame Phantone and Misspell didn't show up more.
>>
>>143569122
I think is because they ripped off one of the best Marvel stories where Ben Grimm fights Champion, but changed some things that didn't work in the original like Champion making up arbitrary rules for why some of the strongest heroes couldn't fight him, here Rasslor straight up beats everyone fair and square so Monkey giving his all feels more grand.
>>
>>143569122
The best episode of Space Ghost coast to Coast also stars Randy Savage. He just stole the show no matter what he's in.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.