[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: superman-black-adam.jpg (291 KB, 1248x754)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>Black Adam 2 where Black Adam and Superman team up, but don't fight yet.
>Hawkman spinoff series introducing Hawkgirl.
>Doctor Fate spinoff movie introducing the new Doctor Fate, with Pierce Brosnan's Kent Nelson returning as a ghost mentor.
>Cyclone & Atom-Smasher spinoff series where they meet other legacies of the founding members of the Justice Society.
>JSA spinoff movie.
>Black Adam 3 adapting "World War III" where Black Adam goes nuclear after Kahndaq is destroyed and the Justice League, Justice Society and Suicide Squad are sent to stop him, leading to the Superman/Black Adam fight.

Would it have been kino?
>>
File: 5hw2o4pagckc1.jpg (236 KB, 2160x1080)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>144080528
Better than the shit we're going to get.
>>
>>144080528
Goddamn
Black adaom with no marketing from WB, a MASSIVE black PR campaign against him complete with paid shills in the youtube sphere and the anti-woke rage farmer shills did better then every single WB backed movie and even did better then Aquaman 2 all things considered.

Holy shit.
The Rocks name does have drawing power I guess.

>>144080528
That actually sounds good and better then what we are going to get. Gunn has a certain thing going with his movies and it's kind of obvious.
I would have given him DC cosmic and let him create a crisis type event while he got all of his ducks in a row to create his new univese.

The flashpoint thing in the flash movie was suck a massive fuckup it actually hurts to think.

The one thing I do hate about flashpoint is that Ezra Miller would have been the perfect batman-beyond joker for a batman beyond movie with Michael Keaton taking the roll of a batcave bound batman who breaks out his suit to go fight with his nemesis one last time.

But really, the real reason why they hated the BA2 is because the very idea of middle eastern people being good and fighting against satan/satanic entities upsets some folks and would have been a massive PR black eye for the coming world events.
>>
>>144080567
Had no idea things got this bad.
>>
File: X.jpg (345 KB, 1400x700)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>144080528
>Black Adam movie featuring Dr Fate and Hawkman
>No tie-in to the flashback scenes in Ancient Kandahq

Johnson was the latest in a long line of movie hacks who had little to no knowledge of the shit they were adapting. Even a cursory glance at Wikipedia would make a semi-competent screenwriter go "these guys all lived in oldy times! OUR movie has oldy times!"

Johnson's ideas were fucked from inception. Say whatever you want about Gunn and his movies, at least he's a comic-reading turbovirgin.
>>
>>144080821
I still can't believe they missed that. I was actually excited about it.
Also I know that complaining about raceswapping is basically screaming into the void now, but black Hawkman? If they didn't want him to be white they could have at least made him Egyptian, which would have been more fitting for the character's lore. The black guy could have been Mister Terrific instead. They even gave him a bunch of modern tech which makes more sense for Terrific than Hawkman.
>>
>>144080924
Could've easily made him black and Egyptian, since nobody really cares what race the ancient Egyptians were and they've been portrayed by everyone from Scottish to Hawaiian to Zimbabwean.
>>
>>144080567
what a disingenuous image.
Gunn/Safran hasn'r released a single movie yet; all those movies listed were filmed in 2021/2022 when Hamada was in charge.
>>
>>144080567
>Aquaman was the highest grossing DCEU movie
>Aquaman 2 was the highest grossing DCEU movie post-Aquaman
Aquaman was the real future of the DCEU and they wasted to use him until the end
>>
I'm so fucking tired of Rock. He wants to be everything, but he's only good at a few things.
>>
>>144081034
>The sandniggers squatting in Egypt do
The sandniggers squatting in Egypt don't contribute a lot to the global Box Office and so don't matter shit.

Also, you are now just screaming into the void about raceswapping. Genuinely nobody gives a shit about your redneck rants, go record a video in your truck about it.
>>
>>144080821
>Say whatever you want about Gunn and his movies, at least he's a comic-reading turbovirgin.
weird way of saying serial child rapist
>>
>>144080950
>Could've easily made him black and Egyptian, since nobody really cares
Americans wouldn't care. Everyone else does.
>>
>>144081034
>but the mere idea that they were black confuses and upsets them.
Because it's horse shit.

t. European
>>
based beyond belief
>>
>>144080687
>and would have been a massive PR black eye for the coming world events.
Fucking schzio faggot
>>
>>144082028
This is the thing that's weird to me. It makes a lot of sense why black people would want to think that Ancient Egyptians were black. It doesn't really make any sense at all that white people would want to think that Ancient Egyptians were white.

On that note, it's also weird to me that the Tartarian Empire wackos don't apply the same logic to, like, Congo, where it would actually make sense to wipe out and then hide an ancient influential culture and history (for the best reason of all: capitalist reasons).
>>
>>144080687
The people saying that BA was a bomb were overstating things, obviously. It did pre-Marvel cape numbers.
>>
I can't wait until the Gunnverse kicks off and we can put to rest all these fucking DCEU threads. Why do you guys care so much about a universe that has already been declared dead? Couldn't you spend your time thinking about anything else? Most of those movies aren't even good. DC fans don't like them. Marvel fans don't like them. Normie movie-goers don't like them. Even DCEU fans don't like most of the DCEU movies.

It's time to move on.
>>
>>144083767
Rebooting the DCEU is the best decision they ever made. I just wish it happened much sooner.
>>
Ultimately, DC needed a reboot, and I'm onboard for the characters and vibe that Gunn is going for

But the plot description of the Black Adam verse sounds better than what we got in Snyder's movies.

There were only a few bright spots: momoa's Aquaman, blue beetle, gunn's TSS, the first Shazam, the *idea* of Keaton coming back as Old Man Bruce.

Flashpoint was an abomination and Gadot sucked. If Gunn wasn't an option, I guess I'd go with a dual plan of: the BA verse with Cavill and the JSA and a futuristic "Beyond" verse with Old Man Bruce assembling "The Titans" and it's a cyberpunk teen thing with Nightwing, Batgirl, Supergirl, Blue Beetle
>>
>144083767
>144083814
Begone, zaslbots.
>>
>>144080821
They considered doing it, but said it just overcomplicated the narrative and undermined the movie's big twist.
>>
I still say Man Of Steel, Batman V Superman,and even Wonder Woman sold more on the names of the famous characters; not Snyder's film making. I think Snyder's horrible films killed any hype for future films with those beloved characters, even before Whedon worked on any cut of the Justice League film.

Snyder killed the future of DC films. He didn't save them.
Certainly The Rock's ego trip didn't help.
>>
>>144080924
>>144080821
That is a great fucking point.
>>
>>144080765
The movies were used to fake the funk when it comes to movies not being dead and launder a fuckton of money.
>>
>>144082043
The actual egyptians were dead for millenia before your litterarl street shitter, I mean threw your fucking shit into the streets onto everyone that was tupid enough to be beneath your windows, were able to fucking read and write as a rule.

We know your neuvau/ghetto riche european stock tried to buy themselves into nobility by claiming the pyramids were the resting places of their long dead ancestors and the egyptology is a giant fucking scam.
>>
>>144082806
We have "who is your favorite jew" and "israel is awesome damn those hamas" posts bots flooding every place on social media RIGHT NOW.

And you're fucking calling me a schizo?
>>
>>144085328
>Snyder's horrible films killed any hype for future films with those beloved characters
Robert Pattinson's Batman was pretty universally loved and made a lot of money. Almost as much as Batman v Superman iirc. I don't think it killed any hype at all, people just don't wanna watch bad movies anymore. As many problems as I have with Snyder's films, they do not compare in the slightest to the pure concentrated slogfest that was Black Adam and Shazam 2. even Wonder Woman 2 was a significant downgrade.
>>
>>144080528
the paradigmerinos have shifted
>>
>>144085810
>Robert Pattinson's Batman was pretty universally loved
que?
>>
>>144080567
Nobody is seriously judging Gunn on the dogshit he inherited. Let's see how Creature Commandos, Waller, and Superman Legacy do.
>>
>>144080567
>that massive differences in both Aquaman movies
Holy shit
>>
Honestly yes since there is a lot more build up. Focusing spinoffs and more with TV shows hasn't worked for MCU and won't work for DC. The only time it worked was with Agents of Shield and that did it's own thing. The Arrowverse was all contained with the TV shows too.
>>144080567
That really puts things in perspective.
>>
>>144085874
First one was really good; second was not, and delayed.
>>
File: IMG_2158.jpg (24 KB, 766x255)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>144085838
Yes
>>
>>144085838
>>
>>144085963
people will really eat whatever horseshit as long as it has batman on it
>>
>>144085328
>homelander, but the people still cheer anyway
>>
Why did rock become obsessed with saying hierarchy of power
>>
File: whats-that-garfield.gif (2.56 MB, 498x345)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>>144080567
I don't get it, was there some kind of event or thing that happened in early 2020 that caused such a huge dropoff in theater ticket sales? This is weird. Like some kind of other something happened in 2020 independent of the film studio that caused theaters to start failing.
>>
>>144086585
I know you're being cheeky, but the dropoff in box office starts before the pandemic (shazam and birds of prey) and never got back to its previous height after it ended. The more simple explanation is that those movies just aren't good. You could pass generic superhero films and make money off them 5 or 6 years ago, but audiences obviously are gravitating away from it.

This is why I'm excited for the Gunnverse. What the DC films need right now are storytellers with strong creative instincts, not corporate produced slop.
>>
All people wanted was Black Adam fighting Shazam
>>
>>144086668
That doesn't work for Rick brother
>>
>>144080528
ITT: SEETHING SNYDER PAJEETS
>>
>>144080528
>>Cyclone & Atom-Smasher spinoff series where they meet other legacies of the founding members of the Justice Society.

I wondered who they were gonna show for this

Like were they still doing an embargo where the Stargirl uses characters that the movies weren't going to?
>>
>>144086585
A dropoff was inevitable because in the last decade people in Hollywood were making subpar work, while spending time getting into fights with the audience and having shills and critics help them gaslight people. You can make subpar work, but attacking the audience for not liking it on a large scale, is asking for trouble. Supposing COVID never happened, the turning point was when the Sonic movie outperformed Birds of Prey. People were furious that the Sonic movie dared to change the design just because the audience demanded it and once you realize that it meant they were afraid Hollywood would take audience demands more seriously, then you get why they got mad
>>
>>144086668
People didn't care about Shazam enough to want that.
>>
>>144087099
You people fascinate me. You should be studied in a lab. "having shills and critics help them gaslight people" "attacking the audience for not liking" subpar works. What are you even talking about? What happened in your head that made you believe all this? Don't you think a much simpler explanation here is the sonic movie made more money because it was a family friendly blockbuster and birds of prey was an r-rated off-brand boring movie.

Your life will be much easier if you accept occam's razor in these cases. If Hollywood could gaslight people into spending money on movies, there would be no such thing as a box office flop, because the marketing team would just brainwash people into believing the product was good.
>>
>>144086637
Endgame had come and gone. That's it. Capes were all riding Marvel's coattails, and Marvel lived and died on the meta-narrative leading into Endgame.
BTW this has happened repeatedly over the course of cinematic history. Happened with Westerns, happened with 80s action flicks, happened with Blaxploitation and YA book adaptations. There's a huge surge of the genre, and then there's a film that puts a cap on the zeitgeist, and then they stop performing well.
>>
>>144087242
I told myself to enjoy superhero films and living in that period back in like 2015, because even then I knew the genre was going to peak and then disappear.
>>
>>144087242
Maybe they're done being billion dollar tentpoles, but I'm not convinced the genre is cooked. Westers were still made for decades after their peak and a lot of them are legitimately great (Unforgiven being the classic example). They're still being made too, albeit mostly on Netflix. But The Batman performed well, as did Spider-Verse 2 while The Marvels, Shazam 2, Black Adam etc all underpreformed. What this points to is that audiences will probably not automatically turn up for every superhero movie - but the ones that are genuinely good, creative and interesting will drive word of mouth ticket sales and be successful.
>>
>>144087488
They key to a successful blockbuster in the post-pandemic era are "event films" where they're not only good but also popular and memed in the internet. It's why the most successful MCU film after Endgame was NWH, everyone wanted to see it for the fanservice and cameos.
>>
>>144085843
Why does Superman Legacy have like 40+ characters in it?
>>
>>144087645
Probably to make the the setting established and lived in compared to the MCU right off the bat, I mean the actual plot is about Superman trying to show all these various "morally grey" or "pragmatic" superhero teams a better method that actually prioritizes the innocents instead of the greater good.
>>
>>144086585
>I don't get it, was there some kind of event or thing that happened in early 2020 that caused such a huge dropoff in theater ticket sales?
Yeah. Snyder left.

People tend to forget that director is more important than the characters.

There's a notable difference between a "superhero movie" and a "superhero movie directed by Zack Snyder" in people's eyes. Fanboys don't recognize this because they don't see the director like normal people do.

People see Zack Snyder's name and think "Watchmen, one of the best superhero movies of all time."
>>
>>144087198
Don't gaslight, I'm not falling for your tricks again
>>
>>144085874
Movies were used to hype up the movie going experience and launder a fuckton of money.
>>
>>144085963
Rotten Tomatoes?
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>144085455
Lol sure, Jamal.
>>
>>144083325
>It doesn't really make any sense at all that white people would want to think that Ancient Egyptians were white.
We don't. We just know that they weren't black. Genetic testing on mummies confirmed that ancient egyptians were closer to anatolians.
>>
>>144086668
>>144086668
Less then fucking NO ONE giave a single solitary sidewasy fuck about Shazam.
FUCKING NO ONE
>>
>>144088907
You mean the mummies who are younger then the bandages they are wrapped in by centuries?
>>
>>144088916
Maybe if they tried making a movie that respected the characters they were adapting instead of this aging action star's vanity project the entire universe wouldn't have gotten scrapped.
>>
>>144089088
And who wanted to see a middle aged out of shape kike in a massive rubger suit pull a full "how are you doing fellow kids" thing for an hour and a half?
And be inundated with the most fucking cringy advertising on the planet.

What do you want to respect? The fuck do you want to respect about the WILDLY non-canon Shazam other then making black adam this fucking losers bad guy in a desperate pathetic attempt to give him relevance?

Is it because it's geoff johns shitty story that is now totally non-canon and could be written out completely?

The fuck do they get out of following the embarassing comic book stories 100% and not just picking and choosing.

PS. The aging old fucks star power was able to sell that movie better shazam 2 with WB's full backing, marketing, and ass kissing, and levy being butt buddies with hamada.

IT BOMBED. Shit it did better then Aquaman 2 based on that aging action stars name alone.
>>
File: Snyder Bots.png (151 KB, 1235x675)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>144080567
>>
>>144080567
It's kind of interesting to see that Black Adam did so well when compared to the recent movies. I guess the actor really does make the success of the movie, huh?
>>
>>144087488
I could see is moving to paradigm where the big capeshit cinematic universes aren't a thing.
Characters like Batman and Spider-Man will still get movies, but like, less popular heroes won't be big events outside of the occasional Blade-like success stories.
>>
>>144083814
It's not a real reboot if they're still keeping the Waller and Peacemaker stuff.
>>
>>144087762
>the actual plot is about Superman trying to show all these various "morally grey" or "pragmatic" superhero teams a better method that actually prioritizes the innocents instead of the greater good.
Sounds lame and preachy.
>>
>>144086540
Sounds cool.
>>
>>144089088
No one cares about the nerd crap. The characters, story and setting have to appeal to the general movie going audience, not the minority of turbo needs.
>>
>>144089387
Basically how things were pre-MCU.
>>
>>144089675
Well yeah, that's what I was getting at.
>>
>>144080567
Wait, what? THE Suicide Squad by everyone's beloved James Gunn made 5 times less money then that 2016 half-baked flick? And how the fuck did WB decide to make Gunn their new DCU movies division executive after that disaster?
>>
>>144089715
>And how the fuck did WB decide to make Gunn their new DCU movies division executive after that disaster?
He did Guardians.
>>
>>144089849
He's also the ony who accepted the offer, and only after Safran agreed to co-produce.
>>
>>144089715
The absolute state of the DCEU meant nobody was interested by that point. Plus the old movie's reputation wasn't exactly stellar.
Can't imagine the name confusion helped either.
>>
Given that they already spent money on all this shit, what are they gonna do if Superman flops?
>>
>>144089849
>He did Guardians.
For Marvel/Disney. His only DCEU movie flopped hard, and right after that WB appoints him as their new exec in charge of all new DC Studios movies and TV series. That makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>144089899
>what are they gonna do if Superman flops?
Not "if", but "when". It's inevitable that it will flop, because of the capeslop fatigue and because Superman is not as popular now as he was 10 years ago, not even remotely. And there was a thread on /tv/ a few days ago where an insider who worked on this movie up until recently wrote that the bosses really didn't like the direction Gunn was taking the franchise and his half-campy style, so they told him to make the movie "a little more serious without making it grim," i.e. they don't want it to be as exciting as GotG, but they don't want it to be like Snyder's version either. Although they originally promised him complete creative freedom as to what he wanted this new universe to be, they are now backing away from that promise. They are essentially doing the same thing they did towards Snyder during the filming of BvS and JL. But at least Snyder got Man of Steel, which he shot exactly the way he wanted, even though the script wasn't his, and he ended up getting his director's cuts of both BvS and JL as well. I doubt James Gunn will get as much fan support as Snyder, he just doesn't have the same dedicated fan base as Zack, and most people aren't as enthusiastic about his movie as they were about Snyder's Man of Steel.
>>
>>144090040
It's also worth noting that Gunn isn't as charismatic and decisive as Snyder or the Rock. He doesn't command the same respect they do.

While Snyder and the Rock could assure their higher-ups that things are going to go well at signs of trouble, Gunn can't. So he's far more inclined to compromise his vision to suit the whims of executives.
>>
>>144080567
Capeshit is just dying
>>
File: who could this be.jpg (416 KB, 1498x2211)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>144086585
Nice try.
Still had the blue hog beating everything that year.
>>
>>144089715
>released in cinemas during covid
>released simultaneously on streaming
>audiences feeling burnt after the first Suicide Squad
>a title that doesn't really distinguish it from that previous shitty film, only adding a definite article
>the DCEU in general being a mess
>>
>>144090767
Seriously. Couldn't he have found a better name for it? Even the birds of prey movie got a better title change.
>>
>>144090418
Sonic was the last movie before Covid quarantine. Theaters that closed by me had it on the marquee for months. One that never reopened still had it up until the property was bought up.
>>
>>144080528
>Black Adam becomes the most specialist, most powerfulest character ever and all the other characters stand no chance against him
Jesus fucking Christ, Dwayne. You're not special. You made Tooth Fairy, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>144080567
Pretending like the Snyder movies made a ton of money because of their quality instead of the fact that they had big names and were meant to start the DCEU.
Hell, one could argue that the reason the later movies did so poorly is because the Snyder movies soured DC's reputation with the general public.
>>
>>144083344
>The people saying that The Marvels was a bomb were overstating things, obviously. It did pre-Superman 1978 numbers.
>>
>>144087109
>>144088916
Anyone who knows anything about Black Adam knows he is "Shazam, but bad guy." Even people who didn't know anything about him and then saw the movie could tell that. To say no one wanted to see them fight in the movies is outright lying.
>>
>>144085874
There was a huge boycott campaign against it due to Heard vs Depp. I had coworkers, my wife's friends, and even my D&D group that I had to hide the fact that I saw it from. I'm surprised it made anything.
>>
>>144093230
Who wanted to see black adam fighting the embarassing cunt in a rubber suit who acted more childish then the kid he was suppsed to be an adult version of.

NO one.
Not a single solitary person in the geeksphere online careed about shazam fightng black adam.

It's a handful of comic geeks but 99.9% wb shills pretending there's an issue where there was none.
>>
>>144088858
retard
>>
>>144080567
Birds of Prey is still the worst movie of that bunch
>>
>>144093459
>acted more childish then the kid he was suppsed to be an adult version of.
How could he be more childish of who he is?
>>
>>144080528
I really wanted to see the Doctor Fate spinoff so bad
>>
File: visionary.jpg (607 KB, 1400x700)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
>>144080567
Snyder was truly the one-eyed king in the land of the blind.
>>
File: 1717846361415197.jpg (347 KB, 654x482)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>Gunnfags during the first week of the release of Superman Legacy [picrel]
>>
>>144093459
You're so right, anon. Nobody saw "good Shazam" and "bad Shazam" and wanted or expected them to be connected at any point. You have such a big smart brain.
>>
>>144093753
Show me.
You keep saying it's this big horrible thing that people were super duper pissed about and all of the anger towards the BA movie ws about that.

But go on.
Show me at least 5 youtube videos and or five comic geek articles about it.
Hell show me something on social media that isn't obviously written by bots or shills.

I'll wait.
>>
>>144086637
>This is why I'm excited for the Gunnverse. What the DC films need right now are storytellers with strong creative instincts, not corporate produced slop.
Kek, that made me chuckle a bit. Gunn's movies are the epitome of corpo capeslop.
>>
>>144093151
I mean I agree with that too.
>>
>>144080528
No. Black Adam has nothing to him and every time I hear "shazam" I have vomit convulsions.
>>
>>144093784
Oh, so now it's gone from "Who wanted it?" to "Who was super duper pissed about it?"
>Show me
No, I don't think I will. I'll wait for you to finish moving your goalpost first.
>written by bots or shills
>Only bots or shills would want to a hero fight one of their most notable villains
>>
>>144088907
You're an example of one of the weird white people I was talking about. Y'all have Stonehenge and the other place that's kind of like Stonehenge and those French caves. The problem with Franco-German-Anglos is that what you have is never enough. Mediterraneans just want to eat good food and even the Nords are mostly just like, "Let us be cold and not feed our kids' friends in peace," but you insist on dragging them along on your weirdness.
>>
File: 1688276125026239.jpg (2.07 MB, 5114x3840)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>144080567
>t.sneederjeet tourist
>>
>>144093809
This is cope, clearly coming from someone who just personally dislikes Gunn and isn't looking at his work objectively. Gunn balances crowd-pleasing blockbuster, his signature brand of storytelling (soundtrack mixing, long shots, practical effects), and the demands of adaptations all effectively. There's a reason everybody thinks of the GOTG trilogy as the best MCU films, while every other Marvel movie - especially post Endgame - has flopped. It's because Gunn knows what he's doing.
>>
File: 1588283234258.gif (2.53 MB, 280x358)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB GIF
>>144080567
>snyderpajeets still conflate money with quality
>when the MC BTFOs these numbers all the time on average and has been shit since AoU
>when fucking star wars 9 still made a billion dollars
>>
>>144090318
Deadpool and Wolverine is about break a billion dollars but go ahead and continue with your narrative. Two more weeks, and trust the plan.
>>
>Project sets out to make money
>>144095423
>Money isn't indicative of quality
I can't hear your excuses with Gunn's toes in your mouth
>>
>>144095375
This post has "I wrote my own Wikipedia article" energy.

By the way, everything you said only applies to Marvel. His DC movie bombed hard, and then the last DCEU movies he vouched for all ate shit too.
>>
>>144086585
Lockdowns killed movies in general, and Streaming only drastically changed how people consume media where Streaming is the biggest way. Even so, most streaming shows don't get as many views as most popular youtube videos. A single Mr.Beast video out performed all of Disney's new content outside Bleuy for views.
>>
Even stuff like Deadpool is dying in popularity now. All of the multiverse shit in the trailers for Deadpool has killed a lot of interest for many people. So i don't really think Superman legacy has a chance with trying to cram so much shit in it at once. You seriously have to question why shit like Hawkman is going to be a secondary hero when it should try to be mostly about Superman.
>>
>>144093931
Nigga, no one gives a shit about what your grandmother said about blacks in egypt
>>
File: IMG_2159.jpg (308 KB, 724x710)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>144096962
Yeah dude, Deadpool & Wolverine has ZERO hype
>>
>>144096884
>His DC movie bombed hard
His DC movie, which as released during a historic pandemic, and simultaneously released on a shitty streaming service? Blaming Gunn for the box office of TSS is braindead, and just shows you aren't looking at things rationally.
>>
>>144096884
>then the last DCEU movies he vouched for all ate shit too.
Also wtf is this braindead comment??? He's literally running DC now, do you think he was actually going to say "yeah sorry guys these movies my company made are dogshit just don't go to them, wait a year and a half for my movie instead" why even type out a comment like this? just thinking about this logically for 3 seconds would have prevented you from making such a ridiculous statement
>>
>>144097662
>His DC movie, which as released during a historic pandemic, and simultaneously released on a shitty streaming service?
Dune and Godzilla v Kong also released day-and-date during the pandemic yet made way more in theaters than The Suicide Squad. You don't have an excuse, his film bombed on it's own merits.
>>
>>144096962
how to spot a MCU baby.
>>
>>144095987
money means nothing, is all about legacy.
That's why you keep seeing phoenix's joker memes after so many years, but no one talks about the last batman film
>>
>>144097694
>He's literally running DC now, do you think he was actually going to say "yeah sorry guys these movies my company made are dogshit just don't go to them
No, and that wasn't my point. Gunn as the CEO said these movies were good and audiences completely rejected all four of them. What does that tell you? You can't scapegoat to Snyder who was already gone for several years. You can't scapegoat to a pandemic since by 2023 pepple stopped caring about catchinf covid. The problem is with Gunn himself since he did a terrible job communicating his plan for DC.

>Shazam 2 might show up in my DCU!
>The Flash reboots to my new DCU!
>Blue Beetle is the first character of my new DCU!
>Aquaman is...aw who gives a fuck, here's Orm eating a cockroach
>>
>>144096962
It's Hawkgirl this time but I agree, putting in so many characters for the first movie shows a lack of confidence in Superman carrying supposedly his own film.
>>
>>144098492
If it was major characters like Batman and Wonder Woman I would agree, but Mr Terrific? Metamorpho? Engineer? These are b-listers at best, side characters to showcase the established world that Superman lives in.
>>
>>144094343
I still don't know how Snyder got his version of Justice League released. I'm just as surprised that it was somehow better.
>>
>>144098585
It doesn't matter what "list" they are since they're all getting spinoff series (Guy is getting Lanterns, Mr Terrific and Metamorpgo are getting Strange Adventures and The Terrifics, the Engineer is getting The Authority, etc) and thus aren't just quick cameos.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.