[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>one of the smartest man in the world
>doesn't cross the mind the idea of side effects on human when exposed to glowing space rocks
>get cancer
He's not very bright
>>
>>144296120
And neither are you.
>>
>>144296120
His hair was already gone, how could he have known?
>>
>>144296120
maybe he suspected he might get cancer but at the same time he feared superman even more than cancer

this hadn't crossed your brilliant mind had it OP faggot?
>>
>>144296376
Sheez, calm down Lex it's your own fault you don't have superior Krypton blood in you
>>
>>144296120
>He's not very bright
He is now. Got that healthy Geiger counter glow.
>inb4 That's not Lex
Yes I know, but 'radioactive lex luthor' doesn't work for google.
>>
>>144296120
Like 99% of the time Kryptonite gives people powers so how was he supposed to know he'd get fucked over.
>>
File: file.png (1.12 MB, 746x878)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
Won't be a first that's for sure!
>>
>>144296498
That's just Smallville. Plus, he got the opposite deal there where his white blood cell count was increased significantly to the point where he'd never get sick. So he'd never get cancer.
>>
>>144296120
It seems like a retcon, it never hurt humans before
>>
>>144298598
What other humans had a glowing rock in their pocket with zero contains in it for long periods of time? Even Batman puts it in a capsule iirc
>>
>>144296120
he picking cancer as consequence of always wanting to be 2 steps ahead of super will never not be funny. imagine, he has all ways of control in his hands and moments near to kill his arc enemy just to be whiplash with "you have cancer because of the kriptonine" hah, i like it a lot, ironic.
>>
>>144296120
Realistically, Lex never thinks for a second that Superman will win "next time", so he would never consider the need for long-term protective solutions.
>>
>>144296120
Space rock corrupted his brain, leading to this
>>
>>144298627
Yeah Batman keeps it in a lead-lined pouch in his utility belt, because Bruce has bothered to think through the implications of it constantly emitting low levels of radiation. He learns this in World's Finest, by the way.
>>
>>144296120
that was a bit of an oversight, but he is shown to have tunnelvision about things. like a lot of super genius sorts.
like how Batman never once considered improving his sense of humor so he could give back to Joker as bad as he got, and drive him crazy and stop his bullshit. it took Terry to figure that out.
>>144298598
I mean, it's radioactive. the SUN is radioactive, and humans can't take too much of it. a small amount of kryptonite might even be good for you, but a lot isn't.
I like how much sense superman's powers accidentally make re: radiation. the kryptonite doesn't hurt him as much when he's charged up with red sunlight and depowered, suggesting its radiation (From krypton's red supernova) interacts with the superior yellow radiation somehow, catalyzes it so it kills him.
>>
>>144298839
>space rock makes man based
>>
>>144296472
>Blight and Lex Luthor
Who was the bigger asshole?
>>
File: 1203558385765.jpg (447 KB, 648x1000)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
Lex was originally written as a mad scientist character before they turned him into an evil businessman. And it wouldn't surprise me if the idea of kryptonite giving him cancer was because too many of his schemes involved kryptonite.
>>
>>144298839
He love bbw
>>
>>144296120
It’s not about safety it’s about inconveniencing a spandex wearing boyscout
>>
>>144296376
That's what I thought of it as, as a kid. Guy is so paranoid despite what he says that he needs it on hand at all times and active, no lead lined box for him. He's literally obsessed with Superman, having a blind spot for how he hurts himself doing so is very in-character while keeping him intelligent in other ways.
>>
>>144298920
>keeping poisonous LEAD on your person at all times

So Batman is a retard also
>>
>>144301358
Unless you’re licking it I don’t think having inorganic lead in your pocket is hazardous.
>>
>>144301631
Especially since it's in his belt and he wears gloves.
>>
>>144296347
Cancer doesn't kill hair follicles. Chemotherapy does.
>>
>being intelligent means you can never be wrong
>>
>>144302652
I'm mean that's what the government wants you to believe.
>>
>>144298598
A retcon from the 80s.
>>
>>144301358
But Joker keeps Lead Bullets on him at all times! That's double dangerous!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.