[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2026.jpg (430 KB, 750x794)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
Why is Anger his lead emotion when he’s never really angry at all? Even when Riley ran away in the first movie he didn’t mad at all
>>
Base arche/stereotype
>>
>>144302947
Could be frustration or annoyance with his life, either from work or with achievements. Confrontation, specifically when an alpha and beta male clash, could be argued to be driven by anger.
>>
He's quietly simmering in it at all times, just like all men.
>>
Did anyone else like that seen in 2 where he was asking the mom for sex while Riley was away and the mom said "well the garage needs to be cleaned." I thought that was pretty funny.
>>
>>144302947
The trick is realizing that the framing of Anger as Anger is already a bit biased against it. Viewed in a neutral light, Anger in this model is actually more like Aggression. It's an active, masculine quality, and something that would serve a go-getting professional well. He has it as his lead not because he's some out-of-control manchild with a rage problem, but because he attacks problems head-on and with strength of character.
By the same token, "Joy" isn't actually the "one positive emotion" of the bunch. It's actually more like impulsiveness, short-term thinking, and hedonism. Addicts have "Joy" as their lead. Anxiety is more of a shadow counterpart to Joy than Fear. Jitters. Twitch.
>>
>>144302947
he keeps his anger in check through his hobby of scale models
>>
>>144302947
They had to cut the scenes where he violently beats Riley and the wife.
>>
>>144302947
Real men are angry not anxious
>>
>>144302947
Because he's an adult and he has a decent handle on his emotions. The whole point of the movie is Riley's emotions are amped because she's going through puberty. His emotions don't control as difficult a plant
>>
>>144302947
That's his secret, Cap
>>
>>144303456
>his youth was just him getting in street fights
>emotions sentai squad mech fights
>>
>>144302947
What kind of fucked up parents did you have? You have no idea where your young daughter is, she doesn't answer up your calls, you're worried sick, and you think anger is the answer? I would bet dollars to donuts that it was fear at the helm.
>>
>>144302947
Yeah he's pretty calm most of the time, even when he's hanging out with that dumbass Stavros.
>>
>>144302947
Anger takes out his frustrations by periodically beating up anxiety in the background like a real man
>>
>>144302947
depression manifests in men as anger
>>
>>144302993
This is true. Emotions in Inside Out aren't simply their basic labels but encompass a host of qualities. Anger could be called aggression but also justice or righteousness.
>>
I'm still wondering why the bus driver in the first one has only different colours of anger on his head.
Also having Disgust as your lead emotion, like the pizza girl, would cause you bitterness 24/7?
>>
>>144303739
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne!
>>
>>144302947
Why do adults have less emotions than teenagers
>>
>>144304016
The bus driver has anger issues, so anger has manifested in his other emotions.
>>
>>144302947
Repressed anger
>>
>>144302967
You realize the whole Alpha/Beta thing is entirely made up, right? The guy presented it as a theory, was proven wrong, the media ran with it, and he's been trying to correct people about it ever since.
>>
>>144302947
That's my secret, Riley. I'm always angry.
>>
>>144304134
>You realize the whole Alpha/Beta thing is entirely made up, right?
Wasn't the reason it was called fake was because "Wolfs in nature don't display such hierarchical associations" because the study was conducted on Wolfs in a zoo?

Of course you wouldn't be trying to be dominat over your own family, like fighting with your dad or brother, but Wolfs in a Zoo wouldn't be a good comparison to humans in an office or school environment?

I'm genuinely asking since I've only seen that argument as the sole reason why alpha/beta is fake, I'm not even a manospherefag or something like that I'm just curious
>>
>>144302993
This. It's why the mom's lead emotion is sadness, and why in many cultures the moon is associated with feminity while the sun is associated with masculinity.

IO's anger is the kind of emotion you evoke when watching wrestling, doing sports, cursing after hitting yourself on the toe, having road rage or standing out to a manager, not necessarily unfiltered violent rage (even though it can also stand for that and probably does in the head of a person with anger issues).
>>
>>144304197
>Wasn't the reason it was called fake was because "Wolfs in nature don't display such hierarchical associations" because the study was conducted on Wolfs in a zoo?
More like wolves from different, preexisting packs thrown together in the same place, which caused them to, obviously, ruthlessly compete and live in heavily hierarchical cold war.
>Of course you wouldn't be trying to be dominat over your own family, like fighting with your dad or brother, but Wolfs in a Zoo wouldn't be a good comparison to humans in an office or school environment?
With how different from humans wolves are, this would be like if you took a bunch of soldiers from different countries, all with different patents and zero awareness of the other countries, and had them try and operate together as a platoon with zero shared training or without even knowing each other's language. Of course the platoon will be a clusterfuck, and you should definitely not take it as an example of your average military platoon.
>I'm genuinely asking since I've only seen that argument as the sole reason why alpha/beta is fake, I'm not even a manospherefag or something like that I'm just curious
It's mostly that the experiment was made in a time where people hadn't yet gotten to know how wolves worked at all, so it only applied to a very specific use case that didn't at all reflect in how the animal actually worked in the wild or even in normal captivity.
>>
>>144303739
They are simple in Riley, but because she's a kid. The point of the movie is how she starts to have mixed emotions, like how joy and sadness make nostalgia.
There is a big contrast on how his Anger is still controlled when he grounds Riley, while Riley's Anger is truuuuly angry.
>>
>>144302947
He's a guy.
>>
>>144304363
>More like wolves from different, preexisting packs thrown together in the same place, which caused them to, obviously, ruthlessly compete and live in heavily hierarchical cold war.
The problem is that the kind of person that buys into all that alpha/beta shit is just gonna see that as a metaphor for immigration and ethnic minorities.
>>
>>144304197
IT was misinterpreted in wolves, but there is some true in it. They still follow the lead, which is in fact the parents of the pack.
Humans are different, though. I think it does apply more in humans than in wolves as there are people who are naturally inclined to take control or to inspire others to follow them, and they are indeed good at it.
>>
>>144304901
I think trying to compare it to "immigration and ethnic minorities" is stretching it to a breaking point, but it seems pretty reasonably analogous for prisons and prison-like environments.
>>
One of the psychologists Pixar had on hand for Inside Out 2 did a radio interview a while back and she had this to say
> So, fundamentally, no. I mean, all people have feelings. And all people have many of the same feelings. And we identify a range of feelings that we can study in a lab.

>And I think if Riley were a boy character, you should expect to see the same cast of characters. I also, though, think you might see another layer, because one thing that is true is that we do not actually allow boys the same wide emotional highway in our culture that we allow girls.

>Girls are given a great deal of latitude in terms of expressing both vulnerable emotions and also feelings like anger. Whereas, boys in our culture– and I hope this is improving a little bit– when we look at the science, what the science says is, there are two emotions boys are freely allowed to express in our culture, anger and pleasure at someone else’s expense.

So like, that's probably why the dad's guiding emotion is anger.
>>
>>144303014
...Oh, shit, that's MY dad.
>>
File: 1711721021318.png (66 KB, 504x402)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>144305034
like this guy? lmao
>>
>>144302947
He's just constantly seething.
>>
>>144302993
>>144303739
Interesting posts, I thought the emotions were one-dimensional but it seems even they can have layers depending on the person and of course the maturity of the individual.
>>
>>144303555
I'd be mad, children are pretty much property and my property ran off to do who knows what. It took hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost opportunity cost and capital and all of a sudden she just pulls this shit? if she doesn't come back raped and pregnant I'd do it for her.
>>
>>144302947
what a woman or childish thread.
when you actually grow up, you will know why.
sorry the movie didn't tell you through quips.
>>
>>144302947
He's a man and men always make their men stupid and their women smart.
>>
>>144302947
Remember the bus driver? The people who are actually mad all-the-time only have anger emotions
>>
>>144302947
movie 2 confirmed his wife is frigid
>>
>>144303739
>>144305303
Further proof that the new emotions were worthless and that everything they could do could have been done by the original 5.
>>
>>144302947
no homo but...
>>
>>144304903
the better animal comparison would be flanged/unflanged in orangutans.
Male orangutans occasionally develop large cheek flanges alike to a satalite disk and a big throat sack, on top of growing huge in general. they use these enhancements to attract females to bang with a loud call. they fight other flanged males and chase off unflanged orangutans from their wide ranging harem.
Unflanged orangutans still reproduce, just as sneaky rapists, never having develloped the mass of the flanged males. sort of like male feminist sexual predators.
>>
>>144302947
He's one bad day from googling "Volcanos near me." Pray he never finds a buttslut mistress
>>
>>144305034
>"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, WHERE'S THE PROP- oh never mind, here it is"
>>
>>144302947
>Even when Riley ran away in the first movie he didn’t mad at all

i would imagine fear/anxiety would be a parents main emotion if they knew their child ran away.
>>
>>144302947
His emotions work together better, like Riley's are learning to?
>>
Men are violent
>>
>>144303555
You'd definitely be more scared than angry while she's gone, but I think it's understandable for him to be angry at her when she comes back because she endangered herself.
Maybe that's not the most effective response, but I think it's how a lot of parents would react.
>>
Because he is an adult able to control his emotions? Weird concept I know...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.