[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Shitters and contrarians can fuck off because I'm not trying to shit on Smiling Friends, actually I enjoy it. Season 2 is definitely a downgrade but I still find it entertaining. My gripe is with the fanbase and more accurately the people comparing it to Aqua Teen Hunger Force as a positive and I find the comparison erroneous. Literally any season 2 episode of ATHF is funnier than all of Smiling Friends. There's a lot overlap in execution with both shows being absurdist comedies but ATHF blows it out of the water because it has actual writers and not just youtubers. Yes, OneyPlays is funny but you need to write actual setups and scenarios for your show. Improv works when you're doing whatever the fuck you want but TV shows still need to have a structure and that's what honestly makes Smiling Friends inferior.
>>
File: 1453851930884.jpg (8 KB, 184x184)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>144303436
I hate smiling friends
>>
>>144303747
Why?
>>
>>144303436
SMILING FRIENDS ASSEMBLE
>>
>>144303436
Season 2 of Aqua Teen is literally perfect, I think it's unfair to compare it to most shows.
>>
>>144303436
Honestly I liked season 2 of smiling friends more than season 1, it felt more structured.
>>
>>144303791
I ca never talk about it without schizo lunatics showing
>>
>>144304435
This but unironically. It's impossible to talk about this show here.

The schizo browses /v/ and /tv/ too lmao
>>
>>144303436
ATHF was only funny because of Dave Willis. There's a reason why Squidbillies and Your Pretty Face were awesome and 12 oz Mouse is a "cult classic" which is code for "tiny audience."

That said, s2 of Smiling Friends was soooo much better. The awesome thing about s2 is guest animators. Gwimbly, Doug Psychotic, the alien party, Spamtopia, the construction goblins, and the stop motion/blender animated creatures. I really like the sometimes clashing art styles to show the show isn't about a vision, it's a loose concept so they can make us smile. We're so used to guests just being voices that it's neat to see guests done this way.

Although for guest animators, that scene in SU where Steven meets gem Steven in the finale is possibly the only well animated scene in the entire series. But it was done to make the show look better for a big moment, not to showcase someone else's animation style.
>>
>>144303436
If Smiling Friends didn't have Zach's name plastered on it, this board would treat it like any other b-series on Adult Swim
Not even the first of their shows to do multimedia
>>
File: mindless.jpg (121 KB, 1200x848)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>144306578
I've never seen OnePlays yet I still liked it. Not like "wow best show ever" but is OK.

It has become a cozy show for some, in spite all the wackiness.
>>
>>144306206
The art style almost reminds me of Gumball with the mixed media clashing
>>
Season 2 is terrible. More than half the episodes have barely gotten any laughs out of me.
>>
>>144303436
A lot of the endings in S2 episodes feel rushed, I will admit
>>
>>144306206
Gwimbly episode wasn't that good but I have to agree that the animations for him and the former bad guy were well done. Really looked like a PS1 game.
>>
File: smilingschizo1.png (1.41 MB, 2000x2984)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>
File: DD005091157.jpg (201 KB, 870x454)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>144303436
>Let's examine the finer points of le funny random 11 minute show made by the Newgrounds guys.

It's fun. I watch it. I laugh. Don't feel the need to discuss the oeuvre of the Darren & Damo guy.
>>
>>144307677
>This image bothered Chris and Zach so much they addressed it on Oneyplays
>>
>>144303436
Comparing the two I feel is unfair since Smiling Friends has at least a general concept, where Aqua Teen is just whatever the writers thought was funny at the time with the same characters
>>
>>144303747
Francis!
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!
>>
>>144307748
When and what video
>>
>>144303436
I think Smiling Friends is shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.