[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1706983885108.png (1.4 MB, 1000x707)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
Okay so, barring box office-breaking events, was it objectively good? Or did Sonic 2 mog it?
>>
>>144307468
I enjoyed it and that's all that matters.
>>
>objectively
And with that your post is objectively not worth responding to
>>
>>144307565
What about metaphorically?
>>
Sonic 2 as always in history with that same name MOGS ALL
>>
>>144307468
It was a fun movie. Not bad but not all that good. Sonic 2 was far superior.
>>
>>144307468
Sonic 2 has more fanfare than the Mario movie did minus the obvious references like 1-1 and the underground theme, but Mario was more widely accessible. Its hard to compare the two because of the live action elements.
>>
>>144307468
Sonic 2 doesn't even come close. Mario was better in every single way.
>>
>>144307488
/thread
>>
>>144307747
>>144307668
>>144307649
>>144307468
mario movie looks like shit but the sonic movies are straight up an embarrassment. idk how you sonicfags eat up anything they give you so long as it has a blue guy stuck on top
>>
So is this like supposed to be a failed barneyfag thing or
>>
File: Paper mario man.jpg (55 KB, 680x383)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>144307468
Both are very mediocre movies that water down the ever-living fuck out of their properties. Do you want lame live action normal human characters in your Sonic movie or Mario and Luigi having the personalities of wet cardboard in your Mario movie? The fact that people are calling the definition of 5/10 bore-fests good is a testament to how fucking low the bar is for video game movie adaptations.
>>
>>144307468
better than both sonics
>>
>>144307468
I liked it
>>
Objectively mid
>>
>>144307468
It had references to things I recognized and that's really all I thought it had going for it. I liked the Brooklyn segments with Mario and his family more than anything else in the film. No doubt the kids love it, but I was pretty bored halfway through. It was nice looking I guess, but not in any way that stands out from your average modern animated film. Unless you're very young or you've got a nostalgia boner for Nintendo stuff you won't get anything out of it. Though I suppose that's the entirety of its demographic, so I guess it's alright.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.