[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So, what was the message of this movie? like
>Let's go to America because there are no cats in America
>Oh, there are cats in America
>Let's defeat them here
>No return back to our home to beat them there
>>
The message is that antisemitism is everywhere.
>>
>>144310783
I'm sad that Fievel's play area at Universal Studios just got scrapped and replaced with Dreamworks stuff. I understand why, but it made me kind of happy that An American Tail was still represented in the park.
>>
The message is that Nicholas II was a good leader and the Jews and their rise is an endless parade of sour grapes about the society they destroyed.
>>
>>144310783
>message
You must be a zoomer. You don’t remember when things were made without regard for a message
>>
>>144310783
Yup, basically the message is that while America is not by any means perfect it's still miles better than living in whatever third world shithole somewhere else
>>
>>144310783
Is there a reason everyone on /co/ is purposely retarded? This movie isn't even that difficult to understand, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>144310783
It’s a very simple message about familial bonds and to Always Have Hope. The immigration is just a backdrop in a story about Fievel becoming tragically separated from his family, and then reuniting with them again because he and his sister never give up even in the face of impossible odds.

There’s plenty of other stuff along the way about oppression and unity and all that, but Hope is the core theme.
>>
>>144310783
Why the fuck would they wanna go back, when the trip over and the subsequent carving out a space for themselves in America already damn near killed them? No sane family would put their kids through that a second time just for the chance of reclaiming a shitty home that they had already resolved to abandon.
>>
>>144312228
Also why would you go back when WW1, the civil war, and WW2 are on the horizon?
>>
You just know that if the Mousekewitzes did go back to Russia and met any amount of misfortune on the way, OP would be the same guy coming on here asking “What was the point why didn’t they just stay put??”
>>
>>144310783
Let's just say in every moment in history, there are always less cats in some places, than in others.
>>
>>144312042
>Is there a reason everyone on /co/ is purposely retarded?
being anonymous i guess. Still no a good reason though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.