[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

started watching KOTH again, the first season is really something special. The animation is rough and jagged but I love (intentional or not) how slow everyone talks and then there's always these silent awkward pauses being the dialog. usually with very little background sounds.

It makes every line feel like deadpan humor and I love it
>>
It's a very smart show. So was Beavis and Butthead, although it was smart in being stupid. That's Judge's best trait: he understands that stupid people have to exist despite being insanely smart and going into the belly of the beast.
>>
>>144311227
I just wish it didn't have a few duds like the ant queen episode, otherwise agreed. "She is down to her last peeencil"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGiE0kqe7N8
>>
>>144311227
Can't hit the same as it used to. 30 years of diversity means that people actually understand weird accents now, so when it's supposed to be funny that you can't understand Boomhauer's ramblings, you just go, "Oh, he's talking about a sparkplug."
>>
It's interesting that in the first season Hank and his conservative stiffness is the butt of all jokes whereas this is flipped thereafter. Best exemplified with the Khans. When they are introduced, Hank comes off as a bigoted, intolerant racist. In future episodes, Khan is portrayed as a giant arrogant asshole who demeans his blue collar neighbours.
>>
>>144311590
I think they said somewhere that they realized making Hank a conservative parody was going to end up wearing thin fast and that's why they changed direction so hard. He still kind of is but he's not an inherent jackass about it like he was in season 1.
>>
>>144311590
Because class is always more salient as a contrast than race or political affiliation, and by post-96 the actual conservative movement starting post-Watergate died. Nobody was going to defend the party of Reagan seriously when Dole was taking a fall and talking about the Great Depression to a crowd that had never known anything but prosperity, so they rejected him (which is really fucked up if you think about it).
>>
>>144311560
???

You're intended to catch a word or two of Boomhauer's rabble, like "dang ol' sparkplug, man"
>>
>>144311590
>Hank and his conservative stiffness is the butt of all jokes
The first episode has a overbearing government worker who thinks he knows best (but misunderstands everything) as a comic villian who is punished at the end.
>>
>>144311227
>Cha-nese?
>*krak!*
>Er Japanese?
>>
>>144311944
>ssssssssssssSHHHHHHHhAAaaaaa....
>>
>>144311944
Based
>>
>>144311560
I have no idea how you typed this up and decided it was a good idea to post it
>>
>>144311944
UWAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGHHHH
>>
>>144311785
I can understand him perfectly. Not just the obvious words, but the entire line. I was surprised.
>>144312246
Shut the fuck up bitch.
>>
>>144312820
>Shut the fuck up bitch.
First time on 4chan little angry boy?
>>
>>144312983
I said shut the fuck up.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.