[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.64 MB, 1280x720)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
Why doesn't a Judge sentence the Joker to death?
>>
Gotham is a corrupt liberal shithole without a death penalty.
>>
>>144314346
Because the law in comics work in a way that supervillains can't be killed off.
>>
>>144314530
I'll never forgive President Luthor for packing the supreme court and getting Luthor vs Metropolis PD ruled on in his favor...
>>
>>144314454
Yeah, didn't one of the comics explain how before Gordon there wasn't a single non-corrupt cop
>>
>>144314346
I had this idea that Gotham sits on a massive Lazarus pit and that's why Ras is so keen on it. So Ras worked with the mob to get to that pit only for it to leak into the water supply. This is the reason why so many so many freaks who should just be disabled are able to fight Batman. Anyway law enforcement and the general public think illegal dumping of chemicals between x and y dates are the real cause for Gotham's violent terrorists. The federal government let's people from Gotham during that time off easy cause "they're victims of mind altering chemical exposure".
>>
the real question is why do Cape writers write the hero always capturing the bad guys so easily. if Joker was far more slippery and harder to catch then this question wouldn't exist because the judges never get the chance to convict him in the first place.
>>
>>144314346
Batman will just swoop in and save him before they throw the switch on the electric chair anyway
>>
>>144314656
Superman doesn't seem so super if Metallo escapes capture over and over
>>
>>144314454
>>144314608
Why would they not kill him just because they are corrupt? Does he pay them off like a regular mob boss?
>>
Everyone in this thread is an idiot who doesn't know anything about the law.

I'll tell you why, OP, it's because Joker is never in custody long enough to be sentenced on his ever expanding rap sheet of crimes. There has to be preliminary hearings, discovery, competency evaluations, witnesses, victim testimonies, jury pulling, and so on and so forth.
>>
Ahia. You guys need to brush up on DC geography. Gotham is in New Jersey. NJ is the first state to abolish the death penalty back in 1965.
>>
>>144315135
Why doesn't one of the thousands of Gotham PD who are corrupt and commit crimes in the regular just shoot joker while he's in custody?
>>
>>144314346
>>144315040
Joker pays off every law official with handjobs and Harley’s pussy. The only exception is Gordon which is why he wants the Joker raped
>>
>>144315178
They absolutely could, as could paramedics, or any random person on the street. So with that said, I don't want to hear "Why doesn't Batman kill Joker" nonsense
>>
>>144315135
You're a retard because the Joker has been sentenced and held in prison and Arkham many times. When he goes to trial, he's labeled as too insane to execute and put away until he escapes. So that means if he never escaped he'd still be in Arkham.
>>
>>144314346
He has fullproof insanity defence.
>>
>>144315135
>There has to be preliminary hearings, discovery, competency evaluations, witnesses, victim testimonies, jury pulling, and so on and so forth
There's a story that takes place immediately after Brubaker's Man Who Laughs where he's on trial, but he keeps on killing everyone involved.
>>
>>144315211
>You're a retard because the Joker has been sentenced and held in prison and Arkham many times.
Show me a comic panel where he was officially sentenced. I don't mean prelim shit where he's being held until his court date
>he's labeled as too insane to execute and put away until he escapes.
You and I both know Joker isn't really insane, at least by textbook terms. Comics even admit doctors disagree on a diagnosis.
>>
>>144315211
>too insane to execute
There is no requirement to not give the death penalty to people with mental illness. And despite there being a law that's meant to prevent people with intellectual disabilities from being executed, it happens anyway, most notably in Texas and Florida (where intellectual disability is the norm and being of average intelligence is eyed with suspicion)
>>
>>144314346
Because they know there's a good chance that whatever they do to him, will just end up giving him super powers instead.
>Just put a bullet in his head
Congratulations, you now have a joker with a bullet lodged in his brain that somehow gives him telekinesis, and the ability to shoot mind bullets.
>>
>>144315232
>Show me a comic panel where he was officially sentenced. I don't mean prelim shit where he's being held until his court date
I don't even have to do that. Joker is in Arkham and waiting out his sentence. All the court stuff is taken care of. There's never any talk about him getting the death penalty although I'm sure there's that one story where it's the case.
>You and I both know Joker isn't really insane, at least by textbook terms. Comics even admit doctors disagree on a diagnosis.
Then why are you trying to argue another reason he's not being executed? Even a ruling that he gets the chair in several years never happens. He's sent to Arkham to chill until he's needed in a story. That's just how it works. Also Joker has been shot many times and has always survived. That's another thing he's got going for him. Joker is unkillable and even if he dies then he comes back. If he got the chair or lethal injection, he'd get super powers from it for a couple years.
>>
>>144315283
Just do what that one anon would say
>Cut off his arms and legs, strap him to a chair, and send him to Kahndaq
>>
>>144315254
Yes but that's real world law. Comic law is different because the crazy villains need to still be alive so they can come back later. That's how comics work.
>>
>>144315290
>Joker is in Arkham and waiting out his sentence. All the court stuff is taken care of.
Then it's not done with, you fucking idiot. He has to be sentenced first before he's eligible for a verdict, be it life or the death penalty. You just described exactly what I was talking about. He's in CUSTODY, he's not yet sentenced for his crimes.

You have a childs understanding of the court system.
>>
>>144314346
there's actually an early Finger issue where that happens and Joker survives being electrocuted
>>
>>144314346
Gotham has the absolute lowest minimum requirements for an insanity defense in the county
>>
>>144315307
But >>144315161 ie they couldn't legally execute him even if using real world law
>>
File: 16304239378_c9d588aafa_o.png (1.89 MB, 762x1198)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>144315325
Like I said before, you can find this shit yourself. Go for it. It's been covered in many comics through the years.
>>
>>144314346
The Joker's mental state is ambiguous. It’s difficult to determine whether he’s clinically insane or a rational evil.
>>
>>144315393
>>144315254
>>
>>144315178
1: you lose your job for murdering so you can no longer continue doing corrupt cop shit
2: all of Joker's men and worshippers now want to kill your jobless ass
3: Joker will probably be resurrected in 3 days meaning while you're now dead because you killed The Joker he will be back up and ready to go
>>
File: 16491070832_9421deb194_o.png (1.97 MB, 784x1204)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
>>144315366
This comic is really helping me out in this thread.
>>
>>144315374
That page doesn't refute anything I just said. Are you stupid? They just said he's going to trial, meaning he's not yet sentenced. Do you understand the difference between sentencing and custody?
>>
>>144315444
The page tells you how all the past trials have gone. It's gotten to the point that they don't even want to bother. If you want to argue more then you have to come up with actual comic pages proving your point. So far you got nothing.
>>
File: 15872003393_9195a593a8_o.png (1.63 MB, 782x1212)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
Last one I'll post from this issue. Joker gets the death penalty, is happy and wants it to happen asap because he wants his execution televised. He finds out on his way to the chair that he's not getting on tv and flips out. Only for Batman to find out who the real culprit is and saves Joker at the last second.
>>
>>144315480
>It's gotten to the point that they don't even want to bother.
That's not how that works! I'm telling you how actual courts function. Also your reading must be ass, because it's telling you they haven't even finished court proceedings in past attempts. Him being difficult doesn't magically toss out the law book. The page is telling you that they aren't going to compromise with a plea deal (a way to avoid trial and skip to sentencing, likely to get a lesser sentence) just for the sake of making it easier. That's why they want to go to trial and do it right.

Is there any other pages you want me to correct you on? Maybe try reading the page before posting
>>
>>144314346
He's just too funny

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.