[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (2.04 MB, 1280x720)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
Would you ever want to see an R-rated version of The Mask? An adaptation that is closer to the tone of the comics. Or do you think the movie had a much better tone for its premise?
>>
>Would you ever want to see an R-rated version of The Mask?
fuck no
>>
>>144315195
>Wouldn't you just love to see the auto mechanic dead with his face stretched grotesquely over a car muffler?
the producers understood they weren't making a horror movie
>>
>>144315549
I'm sure some studio is looking at the success of The Boys and Invincible and going, "Hey, maybe people would want a fucked up version of The Mask".
>>
>>144315195
if the boys/invincible proved anything the world is ready for such a thing to be made, however I'm sure they'd end up fucking it up somehow
>>
up until the mid-2010s I was ONLY aware of The Mask was the Jim Carrey movie and spinoff cartoon. (And the sequel film nobody likes to talk about) I had no idea it started as a comic series that was much grittier and grimdark, and honestly I prefer the Carrey-oriented material.
>>
>>144315195
Just make a true the Mask II already the contest prize is long overdue.
>>
>>144315983
they wouldn't do that, you'd be better off asking for a reboot movie.
>>
>>144315195
why would you remake the mask if its not going to faithful
>>
File: 063_020.jpg (498 KB, 975x1517)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>>144315195
Maybe? But I wouldn't want an adaptation of the first two series. I'd rather see The Mask Strikes back, showing how the Mask corrupts the desires of the various people that use it.
>>
>>144315983
The winner was offered free games and money as an alternate prize when the movie was cancelled, which he wisely took.
>>
>>144316014
Gory bloody overkill would be more faithful to the comic than the movie, this is the comics board no?
>>
>>144316305
i meant faithful to the comic
>>
>>144315195
Nah. I feel that if an adaptation like this were to come out today, it would be no different from what R productions like Deadpool, The Boys or Invincible show, to give examples. In particular, Deadpool already has a mix of action, gore, and dark humor, so The Mask would inevitably have to compete against that. I prefer the comedy version.
>>
File: Masque.png (176 KB, 700x476)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>144315195
Maybe as the original Masque?
>>
>>144316625
how is it different?
>>
>>144315195
Good question
>>
>>144317402
it has a q in it.
>>
>>144315195
Honestly i just wanna see another cartoon show about the mask
>>
File: file.png (130 KB, 750x321)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>144318113
>>
I think an anthology/episodic type series where the Mask falls into different people's hands and each episode/arc has a different director or theme would be interesting.
>>
>>144315195
The movie was perfect because it was pretty much just a vehicle for Carrey to be a living cartoon.
>>
>>144315195
I would like it even better to be a animated series faithfully adapting the two first volumes. Would hype it up as it goes into Kellaway's Big Head.
>>
>>144318190
Unrelated, but this tip is great, even though it got cut off. Took me a few years after this before I had a shower thought and was like "oh, that's what he meant."

Stalagmite vs stalactite:
The most important difference between the two words is the M and the T, and each letter shows you what the word means because the M looks like two stalagmites and the T looks like a stalactite.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.