[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

People give old comics a lot of shit for explaining what just happened on the page, but how the fuck do you even convey this on a comic book page without an explanation of what just happened? It doesn't seem to convey that well.
>inb4 hurr durr you're just retarded
>>
You're exactly right. There wasn't a lot of sequential art to reference back then.
>>
>>144322763
An action like that would either have to be broken up into more panels or have a thought bubble from either of the characters explaining what's going on like
>"That damn woman is spoiling my aim"
or
>"I'll spoil his aim with water!"
>>
>>144322763
Well, you'd draw it better and add panels to show action, including at least one that sets up they guy starting to aim the dagger. Comics are a visual medium. That said, I like older comics, verbosity and all.
>>
>>144322763
IIRC they used less pages to tell a story, and they had to cram a lot in single panels.
But anons have explained it already, draw it better, pace it better, and all that text becomes unnecessary
>>
>>144322763
If the next panel is the dagger missing its target the text is already unnecessary. In case you want to convey all of the information in a single panel simply have the target in frame and have the dagger miss it.
>>
>>144322763
Draw better.
>>
>>144322763
How many pages was this comic? Because if it was less than 8 pages I could see why they'd have to mesh two things happening there and explain it

On top of that their only frame of reference was comic strips which themselves had a limited number of panels each day

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.