[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hqdefault-3329303753.jpg (25 KB, 480x360)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>Taco-Man plays a video game.
>He plays games you haven't seen forever.
>>
>>144323754
When I was told the theme song came from Saturday Supercade it felt like I learnt something forbidden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmfT-YPXo4M

Also looking back this really was to millenials what AVGN was to gen x
>>
>>144323981
Funny story, I'm one of the few Zoomers that grew up with Taco-Man.
>>
>>144323989
Maybe the actual Zoomer equivalent to AVGN would've been Scott the Tendie, but I personally find him unfunny.
>>
>>144323754
I wish the DVDs weren't lost to time, there HAS to be rips out there.
>>
File: stimpybed.gif (572 KB, 500x382)
572 KB
572 KB GIF
>>144324003
It's strange to me seeing young guys like Scott talking about video game history when he wasn't alive for it. Granted, that's what most of history is and it doesn't mean you're doing a bad job, I'm just old enough now to see for myself somebody giving his take on things I experienced. Nothing against him, it's just me getting older.
>>
>>144324261
I'm in my 20s and still feel that way.
>>
>>144323754
Who the fuck is taco man
>>
>>144324301
It originated as a semi-obscure series on Newgrounds.
>>
>>144323754
i miss this nigga like you wouldn't believe
iirc sam only does dbd animations now
>>
>>144324356
That's correct, and I feel sad knowing that the series concluded.
>>
For me, it was Messed up Bible Stories.
>>
>>144323754
It was genuinely funny
The meltdown over people wanting him to keep making videos but not wanting him to become successful always got to me
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>144324205
I didn't even know DVDs were even a thing. Looking them up yeah those bad boys are indeed lost to the sands of time. I can't imagine them ending up at a Goodwill at this rate
>>
>>144324261
It's interesting to hear the perspective of someone who wasn't alive for something discuss it. Hell, people have been doing it for decades with history

You can only learn so much about something before you hit a wall. But to be there to experience it fully? That's a different story entirely

I was on a podcast some months ago that's tied to a forum of 40+ somethings talking about Valiant comics. I felt like Scott in that moment. I was maybe two or three years old when the original Valiant comics got started and didn't actively start reading anything by the company until the reboot happened. Most of the podcast was just me sitting and listening to the other two guys talk about the company, briefly interjecting with things that I thought I knew about

It was wonderful and humbling at the same time
>>
>>144325024
pov: taco-man vores you
>>
>>144324003
Scott is just "sarcasm = funny" and "WOW isn't this game so niche and weird??? Let's make fun of it for it!" I have no idea why he has such a big following.
>>
>>144325685
>I have no idea why he has such a big following.
OOC Twitter clips, that's quite literally it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.