[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1013 KB, 960x731)
1013 KB
1013 KB PNG
I need to do an inking assignment for a comic, and could use some inspiration. What's some of your favorite inking in comics?
>>
File: 42249182.jpg (37 KB, 307x400)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Check out Gary Martin's book the art of comic book inking. google that +pdf and you should find some results.
As for suggestions, it would depend what the art looks like.
>>
File: file.png (935 KB, 837x800)
935 KB
935 KB PNG
>>144324940
Thanks for the book direction, anon, going to go look for it now.

Otherwise, was hoping to just see people post cool examples they like, to see a variety of examples
>>
I'm a fan of the classics
>>
Andrew pepoy on the Simpsons Comics specially on the issues where they parody superhero stuff, he groes from very light weighted cartoon outlines to super stylized Kirby style inks like nothing, it's really cool to see.
Robert Crumb is an obvious one but bears repeating.
>>
>>144324739
Wally wood, Jeff smith (even if I hate the dude himself), Dave sim, Will Eisner, Lou fine, Alex toth, Tim sale, Darwyn Cooke (though sometimes Jim Palmiotti inked him iirc).
>>
>>144325291
>super stylized Kirby style inks like nothing
>Kirby inks
None of the kirby art you’d recognize was his ink. He did some limited ink of his own in the 50s but even on something like challengers of the unknown he had guys like wood doing it as well as even his wife slinging inks.
>>
File: nowlan batman villains .jpg (190 KB, 1181x800)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
I really love the Kevin Nowlan/Ryan Sook/Yannick Paquette style of really deep blacks and silky inks.
>>
>>144325436
I know Kirby didn't ink his own stuff but his still still came through the inks and that's what was being parodied on the simpsons.
>>
>>144326490
Why not just say you misspoke? Why do people insist on refusing a correction?
>>
bump
>>
File: RCO006_1664863372.jpg (605 KB, 1479x2048)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>>144324739
Jeff smith

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.