[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SVTFOES2.jpg (1.07 MB, 1920x1080)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
I just finished watching this. What the fuck happened to this show? Season 2 was PEAK, excellent mix of slice of life and lore, just enough shipping drama to be exciting but not enough to be cloying. Then season 3 happened and it was like it was a totally different show, diving down to a total mind screw nonsense ending.
>>
>>144325182
youre like 8 years late anon but we all agree after s3 it went to shit and i never care for these "kids shows" but i found the first season really charming in a weird way.
just move on bro dont get wrapped up in it.
>>
>>144325182
We already had 5000 threads about this
>>
Too bad the animation in Season 2 wasn't as good. Animation-wise, Season 1 is its peak.
>>
File: starls.jpg (29 KB, 516x509)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
i agree, both star vs and adventure time have a pretty good transitional period but then just get way too seriously boring by the end, its a shame. and like same with breaking bad after jane dies. it could've been perfect, but it didn't quite hit that mark when the time came.
>>
>>144325182
The lore was always the worst part of the show and I stand by that. It should’ve just leaned entirely into the shipping drama
>>
>>144325182
>I just finished this show
No you didn't
>Season 2 was peak
Season 2 was garbage like season 3. Season 1 was the only good one, and not even the full season. After the fortune cookies episode the series start plummetting at amazing speeds. I will agree however that it hit rock bottom in season 3 and it stayed there, but lmao if you think season 2 was good, or simply better than season 1, then you need to get better taste because it's because of retards like you that we get this trash.
>>
>>144325215
I dismissed all the 2010s era shows as being too kiddie for me, until someone got me to watch Hilda and I got hungry for more content. I knew SVtFoE was "controversial" but having watched all the others it was all that was left unless I want to watch Steven Universe. I was really unprepared for how unhinged the ending was though.
>>144325285
What sucks is that Face the Music/Starcrushed set up such a cool cliffhanger and then Battle for Mewni is such a letdown. The song in Face the Music is such a banger though, even if the show left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>144325475
Canadian animation is too fluid for some people.
>>
>>144325483
That's because Mercury worked on Hlida all the way through, wheras they only worked on Season 1 of Star vs. (And they didn't even animate all the episodes in that season, since Toon City did some animation too.)
>>
>>144325475
Season 1 is fine but there's a lot of repetitive episodes that just end with Star and Marco beating up Ludo's gang. I like the light lore mixin that S2 had (even if the answers to all the mysteries it sets up turned out to be stupid), I also liked the more experimental/background character centric episodes in S2 like Ludo in the Wild and Is Mystery.
>>
>>144325182
In the Just Friends episode my mom lost her mind when Marco and Jackie were kissing while Marco was still holding Star's hand. It turns out she did the same thing to one of her friends (my mom was the Jackie in that situation) and her friend tried killing herself after that. Cartoons for kids shouldn't be so real.
>>
>>144325580
I felt so bad for Star in that episode, even though I'd already had spoiled for me that the show ended with StarCo being canon. The way they ended his relationship with Jackie sucked ass though.
>>
File: starbad.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>144325483
the "star butterfly's in love with her best friend" one? yes! i love those episodes but it is such a letdown what comes after considering the show was pacing itself well in s2 with star's crush on marco, star avoiding her problems etc. and then its just like time for monster racism and boring green girl
>>
>>144325838
Yeah that's the one, apparently the artist called it "The Ballad of Star Butterfly".
Most of the songs in the show (Space Unicorn, Just Friends, the S1/2 end title, and the Ballad) are great (though I didn't really care for the S3/4 end title theme). I wish they'd have had some excuse to do a full on musical episode.
>>
I wish there were more shows that leaned as hard into shipping as Star Vs Season 2.
>>
>>144326098
the opening theme song is the best theme of the 2010's in my opinion..
>>
>>144326122
Nu-Clone High?
>>
>>144326122
Yeah it's all "I hate shipping" a la Gravity Falls or "designated couple from the start" like The Owl House.
StarCo being canon both made me happy and also made me sad because of how unearned it felt after the bullshit in Season 3/4.
>Star confessed her love for me less than a month ago, and now I'm also feeling it
>Oops psyche she's back with her ex who she was openly hostile to for the entire first half of the show, this is dramatic right?
>>
>>144326147
It grew on me over the course of the series but I don't think I ever loved it, I liked the end theme much better. The opening is just Too Much. It's funny that the Gravity Falls theme is by the same guy, they're nothing alike stylistically.
>>
File: star4.jpg (35 KB, 400x400)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>144326098
space unicorn is a parry gripp original that came out a few years before star vs, i know this because i was one of those cringe sheltered middle schoolers whose iPod was dominated by parry gripp songs (my parents didn't let me listen to songs with swears in it but i eventually covertly downloaded some wiz khalifa in 8th grade).

but yes, i love star's soundtrack as a whole. even the s3/s4 end credits song is a total banger. maybe a musical episode would've been cool
>>
>>144325483
You should watch Steven Universe and make a drinking game out of all the times someone cries or Steven gets on your nerves
>>
>>144326211
>space unicorn is a parry gripp original that came out a few years before star vs
Thanks, I was never sure if it was original to the show or not, since he did a ton of original music for Disney but also did his own novelty songs
>>
>>144326212
Adventure Time and Steven Universe have been so thoroughly spoiled for me in ways the DTVA 2010s shows weren't since I had roommates in college obsessed with them, I'm not sure I could stomach them now given what I know about how they play out.
>>
File: starbracelet.jpg (28 KB, 480x480)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>144326247
woah coolness, i did not know the full extent of his involvement in disney, just that he was a key part of the lolrandumb humor that dominated my corner of the internet at the time

>>144326287
seasons 1-3 of adventure time are lighthearted & fun, i totally recommend watching up to that at least if you enjoy seasons 1-2 of star. (both eras are major comfort shows for me)

steven universe is just kind of bad throughout, never got into it and don't see myself ever getting into it.
>>
>>144325216
We have 2+ Azula threads a day and at from an even older show.
>>
>>144326191
>It's funny that the Gravity Falls theme is by the same guy
for a background music composer, he sings alright with confidence.
>>
>>144326212
>Steven gets on your nerves
how about when Steven shows his faggot instincts
>>
>>144325580
DESU, that was the highlight of the show.
>>
>>144326167
Are you baiting? Because they completely fumble Starco in Seasons 3 and 4.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.