[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1517898117932.png (62 KB, 1200x1200)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Starting this week, DC is back to releasing new comics on Wednesday.
>>
tuesday releases were superior because that was also when trades released. as always dc caved and went back to copying marvel like the irrelevant bitches they are.
>>
>>144325204
Continuing this week: Me walking by DC’s comics on wednesdays until straight kid jon kent is brought back from space.
>>
>>144325325
That’s retarded. Comic shops aren’t open on Tuesday’s and didn’t change their hours to accommodate one company being retarded.

Ongoing comics are sold in comic shops, not in book retailers so it doesn’t matter when the floppies release.

>inb4 you say kill floppies kill comic shops despite them being the best source of revenue for every single one of these companies.
Then there is no reason for you to be in this thread.
>>
>>144325325
People who buy monthlies don't buy trades. If you have bad enough taste to buy Spider-Man, there's a good chance you're also going to pick up the Flash

The only things DC did wrong I'd pick a holiday week to do the switch back and not treat this as a big relaunch trying to grab as many Wednesday Warriors as possible instead of the usual slop a day late
Long run it's a good thing for fans, less weekly trips to the comic store and less risk of missing out on a DC book because you showed up on a Wednesday instead of Tuesday. It going to be good DC and Marvel as similar books with similar fanbases like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel can pull sales from each other from readers looking for more of the like.
>>
>>144325559
>Long run it's a good thing for fans, less weekly trips to the comic store
This isn’t true. Very few stores even adjusted to DC having made this change and very few customers went to the store back to back days on the remarkably rare occasion that they did. For almost everyone DC was still, in effect, being released in Wednesdays. Which is why it made no sense for them to be doing this.
>>
File: 1719857858443.png (186 KB, 975x2198)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>144325204
>DC is back to releasing new comics on Wednesday.
What difference does it make if no one is buying their comics anymore? What was once known as the Big 2 is now Big 1, it's just Marvel outselling everyone else combined. Even Batman is out of the top 5 titles, and all Image titles outsell all DC titles.
>>
>>144325365
>Comic shops aren’t open on Tuesday’s

You mean one specific shop isn't and you retardedly act like none of them are.
>>
YAY
>>
>>144325204
>Starting this week, DC is back to releasing new comics on Wednesday.

Digital versions are still released on tuesdays, meaning nothing changes for piratechads.
>>
I don't give a shit when comics come out, I only care if they're good or not.
>>
>>144326271
>Digital versions are still released on tuesdays
Then their sales will drop even more.
Are people in DC this retarded? Don't they realize that people who could've bought their comics on Wednesday will now pirate them the day before and decide, "Meh, I've already read it, no need to buy it now." Doesn't Jim Lee know how it works?
>>
>>144326240
Anon I’ve been to shops all over the country. Seethe about it all you want.
>>
>>144326378
lolol
No one is pirating this shit nigga.
The only people buying are the dying LCS and some few book stores just to cover their bases.
And the previously mentioned group are all but forced too and they have a small market who don't use the net as much and only want to have the comic to store and save.
>>
>>144326745
>only want to have the comic to store and save.
As a floppy buyer this is much more rare than you normies imagine
>>
>>144325204
POO POO COMICS
>>
>>144325204
remember to take the garbage out tuesday nights from now on, or you won't have space for all those DC comics
>>
>>144325710
DC and Image actually put out comparable numbers of new titles every year, but DC's output has shrunk about 30% over the past decade while Image has more or less stayed static. Marvel is static too, while IDW (RIP) DH etc have all dropped output. DH has dropped the number of titles it produced by about 50% over the same period.
>>
>>144325204
Call me when they make actual good comics.
>>
>>144325365
>Comic shops aren’t open on Tuesday’s
Mine is, it's closed on Mondays.
>>
>>144326378
Pirates make up a very small portion of any given media
>>
>>144325204
>Starting this week, DC is back to releasing new comics on Wednesday.
Don't care since they are stil shitl will keep on reading X-Men instead fuck DC

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.