[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Who the fuck was this guy? Why did he know more about the story than the characters in it? Why did he try to kill them? Why did he think a story about a woman dying from police brutality would be fun for children?
>>
>>144327480
>who the fuck was this guy
a gypsy... sage.
>why he know story
magic gypsy powers. or else, they told him about the story later, forgiving him for the almost-killing-them part, and so he told the story to others so people would know what quasimodo was about and how frollo was bad
>why did he think it would be fun for children
15th century france.
>>
>>144327480
Clopin
Hindsight reconstruction
Because he justifiably thought they were spies
Because he's european and not a squeamish american.
>>
>>144327648
Gypsies aren't European.
>>
>>144327480
Disney had a weird trend in the 90s where they tried to tackle more mature stories without being able to fully commit.
Hunchback was the most egregious example but Pocahontas and Hercules do the same thing.
Imagine giving a Victor Hugo story an unambiguous happy ending.
>>
>>144327620
>they told him about the story later, forgiving him for the almost-killing-them part, and so he told the story to others so people would know what quasimodo was about and how frollo was bad
It's this
How are you this dumb OP
>>
>>144327620
>they told him about the story later
The way he chases Quasi in the Topsy Turvy song implies he knows who he is and his relation to Frollo from the beginning.
>>
>>144327731
Imagine a Disney take on Les Miserables then
>>
>>144327658
They're more european than americans, that's for sure
>>
>>144327789
That's his self-insert
>>
>>144327835
That's one of his happier endings, ironically.
>>
he's God
>>
>>144327731
Hugo actually signed off on a "Quasimodo and Esmeralda live" ending for one of the earliest stage adaptations of his book.
>>
>>144327835
There is a Scrooge Mcduck comic about that were literally nothing sad happens in the ending, the candlesticks Jean stole are a secret key to some hidden treasure and Javert stalked for decades Jean just to tell him he was pardoned all along
>>
I don't care what /co/ says I fucking love that movie, and did ever since I was a kid. Getting your eardrums blown out at the cinema at the last part of The Bells of Notre Dame was an experience
>>
>>144327835
Disney Les Mis might actually make bank
>>
>>144327836
what does that even mean?
>>
>>144327835
>90s Disney animated Les Mis
I'd want it just to see the sheer scale of the animation.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.