[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed-4-1.png (895 KB, 600x938)
895 KB
895 KB PNG
This is extremely woke garbage, please avoid it
>>
File: 422522.png (56 KB, 200x200)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>144328729
Thanks for the req, OP.
>>
>>144328729
Well readcomiconline isn't working for me so I can't even if I wanted to
>>
Too late, own all the volumes and can't wait for the next

Go ahead and follow up with what ails you about the white protagonist from the 70s that fucks a lot and exclusively watches classic movies in the theater he owns in-between hardboiled detective work with the female teen sidekick that lusts for his cock

He said something bad about the government I assume
>>
Wouldn't have ever even heard of it if you hadn't come here to outrage farm
Now kill yourself
>>
>>144328729
No shit. It's by Brubaker.
>>
The rainbow hair in the middle should've tipped you off long before you wasted your time reading it
>>
>>144328729
Anon I've read the first 30 pages and this is just Inherent Vice I don't see what the issue is.
>>
>>144328729
Read the first three and the wokest thing was one panel showing that Anna is Bi, all else is just standard noir.
>>
File: copium.jpg (159 KB, 1146x613)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>144328864
>>144329200
>evil white racist gentrifier villain
>le neo-nazi uprising villain
>acab villain
>rape culture villain
>>
>>144328729
ok
>>
>>144328729
This almost looks like a Venture Bros episode poster
>>
Hadn't even heard of it. I assume this is some reverse psychology nonsense. I only know Brubaker from his work involving capeshit, but most of that was solid. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>144329538
>anti-nazi=woke

This is your brain on /pol/
>>
>>144330930
Holy crap, it does. Tbh, these characters in the poster could fit the Venture Bros.
>>
>>144330965
>I only know Brubaker from his work involving capeshit
That's a lie.
>>
>>144328729
I'm curious if /co/ has turned on Brubaker yet. It's only a matter of time.
>>
>>144331068
Nta but it's was a completely over saturated concept twenty years ago and because of pearl clutching leftists the last couple years it's become even more tiresome.
>>
File: thighs.jpg (161 KB, 975x1024)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Stopped reading Brubaker years ago. all his work came to fell too similar. Like all written in the same style, in the same genre. Did he just stop trying?
>>
>>144328729
Whatever dude, Brubaker has earned enough goodwill with me with his Batman work and Criminal that I would gladly trust him over some gay rando on /co
>>
>>144332356
>why does a writer who's developed a style in a chosen genre keep writing in that style and genre?
No way you're actually this dumb.

>>144332312
A trans person drank a beer and rightoids when ballistic for like 6 months. Talk about pearl clutching.
>>
>>144332453
Hey man, great comic writers don't pigeon hole themselves. Alan Moore has written a wdie range of genres that all read differently. Brubaker seems content to pump out the same types of stories with indistinguishable protagonists. It reads lazy. I read Criminal. Iove Criminal. I don't need to read 20 copies of Criminal.
>>
As if the problem hair and smug look wasn't enough to warn you to avoid it. Might as well tell people to stop in front of a stop sign, OP. But still, thanks. I appreciate the heads up.
>>
>>144332453
>A trans person drank a beer and rightoids when ballistic for like 6 months. Talk about pearl clutching
Yes trannies are disgusting and that doesn't change the fact that the left pearl clutch harder about dumber shit. Like you understand little things in modern entertainment from how many female characters speak to each other in a story to any possiblity of black people coming off as anything but saintly is due to libtards crying about sexism and racism nonstop. They have their way in 90% of media these days and they still complain
>>
>>144332518
Alan Moore has mostly written boring garbage outside of From Hell
>>
>>144331068
>nationalism le bad!
Unless you're Palestinian of course
>>
>>144328864
The next? I thought it was done. Brubaker and Philips have other projects they're working on. That Satanic Panic OGN and then that Criminal thing.
>>
>>144332518
A lot of great writers master a particular genre. Alan Moore mastered ripping off characters from dead writers and pretending he did more than that.
>>
>>144332598
You really do need to get off the goddamn internet and stop being such a sad pathetic joiner moron who can form a thought for himself. This is pathetic. Utterly pathetic whataboutism nonsense. You think you uttered a good gotcha here, that's the saddest part.
>>
>>144332523
Don't be jealous. You guys still get representation too.
>>
>>144332622
It's on hiatus, it's not over at least until they explained how his sidekick dies

Bonus would be how he meets his wife
>>
>>144332567
Most of his comics are fun.
>>144332672
The characters were never really the main attraction to his works, even though he wrote some of the best.
>>
>>144328864
B-but the sidekick has coloured hair and glasses!!
>>
>>144332356
>Did he just stop trying?
He just generally likes dramas and crime stories over other stuff. His comics are consistently good and consistently enjoyable for me. You know how modern audiences often watch older single story television like old sitcoms and stuff? I dunno I feel like so much modern media tries so hard to matter and comes out as garbage. Reading Brubaker/Phillips stuff is to me what those old sitcoms are to people. It is like a enjoyable rather than last season of Game of Thrones awful.
>>
>>144332518
Reckless isn’t criminal. Pulp isn’t Criminal. Velvet isn’t Criminal. The Fade Out isn’t Criminal. Fatale isn’t Criminal. Where the Body Was isn’t Criminal.
>>
>>144332518
>I don't need to read 20 copies of Criminal.
You literally haven't read any of those other stories.
>>
>>144334470
>>144334462
They all feel the same and the protagonists are rehashes.

Night Fever particularly was trash.
>>
>>144332598
You can make a clear distinction between a normal nationalism (which I still find dumb but whatever) and being an extremist.
>>
>>144332737
You didn't read my post. Typical leftist

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.