[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5343.png (500 KB, 800x1160)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
Terrible
>>
Just terrible.
>>
Masterfully done dodging any kind of plot development, Jeph.
>>
>>144329027
I want to poke moray with my stick
>>
Yay Ex Machina
>>
For what purpose has any of this happened. Just show us the goo girl, Jeph.
>>
So when is Claire going to dominate the omnipotent god-A.I. with her massive bitch-breaker cock?
>>
>>144330257
Jeph doesn't *want* to do slice of life shit he *wants* to make transhumanist singularity comics about the nature of AI and what constitutes personhood and the concept of the soul. We know this because he already tried and failed with another webcomic, but slice of life pays his bills and pays them very well because that's all webcomic readers really want.
>>
>they are the very model of a major general grandchild

Now I want to see Yay sing the patter song
>>
>>144331284
It makes me shudder to type it but I actually genuinely liked Alice Grove
>>
I think he loves that eyes shut expression so much because he just has to draw a line instead of an eye
>>
>>144331628
>Alice Grove
It was... fine. It did the awful thing of back loading the comic with all the world-building that should have been spread throughout the whole comic.
It also made the major mistake of world-building first, plot second: JEPH obviously understood the world and it further reaching history/tech/cultures, but WE don't. That's why you typically have POV characters; not just lore characters and secret lore characters.

As much as Unicorn Jelly and the rest of the Tryslmaistan series pisses me off, at least the author literally links to big dissertations for when the technobabble gets heavy and there's at least one character who doesn't know what the fuck is going on so we can get a grounded reaction to some stuff.
>>
In the grand scheme of things I like how this confirms Yay is no more powerful than someone who accidentally discovered the zoom link to a trial hearing was invite only but someone copied and pasted it into a newsletter. Even now it just happens to have multiple copies of a body and that's something Director Jellyfish does without a second thought to make Morays.
>>
>>144329027
the only experiment that needs to be done is finding out how many human penises can be inserted into her goo body at one time
>>
>>144329027
nothing-ever-happens bros winning again
What was the point of the previous five strips? What did we learn? Which character grew? Which plot point was progressed?
>>
>>144331628
I liked it more than QC but it still wasn't good
>>
>>144329027
I guessed 3 strips to resolve the drama, how many was it?
>>
>>144332719
Each Moray is a distinct instance. Every Spookybot is the same Spookybot.
>>
>>144333367
What page did you start counting? This "conflict" was introduced 5 pages ago.
>>
>>144333501
this one >>144260093
>>
>>144331628
He tried. He just wasn't good enough as a writer to pull it off.
>>
>>144332719
In her first appearance Spookybot made an entire room of people fall unconscious with her mind.
Now she's eavesdropping on encrypted government conversations in real time.
I don't think Stabby gets it but the second implies more computational power than what's currently available on earth or a major mathematical revolution
>>
>>144333689
Given the Yays have a distributed consciousness that doesn't seem subject to lightspeed delay, there's already quantum shit going on with them.
>>
>>144333487
But there's a finite number of spookybot chassis for one AI. Director Jellyfish implies only using one Morray at a time due to the data intake, so it could've used multiple Morrays for multiple points of view.

And once again fuck me for giving GOPRHREJGK a better idea than he would've had.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.