[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1353.jpg (307 KB, 1000x1470)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
You can’t just make something THIS kino and then end it after two seasons. Fuck off.
>>
>>144331492
Not too many cartoons manage to stay good after two seasons. It probably would have gone to shit.
>>
>>144331492
Blame it on the Disney buyout
>>
OUR WORLD’S ABOUT TO BREAK
>>
>>144331492
People say the second half of the second season sucked because of Loeb but it was still good.
>>
>>144331492
Hey if they put out x-men 97, why not do the same with this?
>>
>>144331553
i need the spidey ‘98 revival first.
>>
>>144331536
It was good but he also canned all overarching plotlines to make it more kid friendly because he decided kids can't understand stories that take more than 20 minutes to tell.
>>
Skrull season sucked ass
>>
>>144331492
You can if you're a shitty mega Corp with no appreciation for your IP or customers.
>>
>>144331560
And maybe the spidey '08 revival later
>>
File: season-1.jpg (70 KB, 332x472)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>144331492
Oh yes you can
>>
Loeb took a bloody diarrhea dump on the series and left unresolved plotlines
>>
>>144331536
Maybe but they were going to get more ambitious in the latter half and Loeb ruined all that. We were going to get an Emperor Doom adaptation, a longer term story for Red Skull, Sentry, and a finale in Hala instead of Earth.
>>
>>144331515
At the very least it seemed like Season 3 could've been kino.
>>
>>144332153
That art's not from season 3. It's just the artist drawing stories he would've liked to see. The closest we've gotten to a season 3 breakdown was the thread that Chris Yost posted on Twitter with episode descriptions.
>>
>>144332153
god i wish auttistic famous carton youtubers had taste a few hundreds of thousand of tweets could give us a glimmee of hope now that they wanna cash in nostalgia
>>
>>144331492
>What if the DCAU Justice League cartoons were actually good
>>
>>144331492
gave us the best wasp
>>
>>144333483
Earth's Mightiest Heroes wishes it were as good as Justice League.
>>
>>144331553
Because Feige or someone high at Marvel has a boner for X-Men: TAS alone. It's the only Marvel cartoon to get toys, comic continuations, etc. long after it ended and before 97 was greenlit. Marvel treats all other cartoons like disposable trash once they stop airing.

It's why I think 97 is an exception and all their future projects will be MCU-related or standalones.
>>
>>144334766
I think Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Fantastic Four got some toys inspired by the old shows recently, but yeah I don't see any other continuations like '97 any time soon.
>>
>>144331492
>You can’t just make something THIS kino and then end it after two seasons.
Clearly you can.
>>
>>144331492
WE BE SAVING THE WORLD WITH THIS ONE!
>>
File: basedclint.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
It peaked season 1 so fucking hard. Compared to other shows S2 was still really good, but it was a step down especially beginning with the skrull storyline.

S1 was just pure kino with the Asgard plots and Zemo kino. Best version of Hawkeye, best version of Ant-Man and Wasp. The main thing S2 had was Ms Marvel and the episodes with all the guest heroes.

One of the few shows to let less powerful team members shine without much bullshit hacks.
>>
>>144331492
After years I'm finnally watching S2. What I really like about the show, apart from just how wide and alive the world feels, it's the complete range of dynamics the team has. I guess a consequence of the MCU characterizing every hero as just "random quipster" is that no character feels unique, so their interactions are all the same. None of that appears here; Thor actually being a warrior and how that translates to his friendship with Cap, his slight rivalry with Iron Man due to their reliance on science vs magic; Hulk and Hawkaeye's almost brotherly banter due to them being the most immature members; Hank and Janet's romance, etc. It's just a great use of it's cast, something which even translates to the villains.
>>
>>144335886
I love how they used Thor in the show. He really feels mighty and when a villain puts him in trouble it feels credible and tense. It was awesome how he returned to Earth at the climax of the Skrull storyline and basically turned the tables single handedly. The writers remove him from the team from time to time to elevate the challenge but they also have stories for him when he's away. MCU and Disney Animated Marvelverse versions of Thor are jokes compared to EMH.
>>
>>144335886
It's also one of the few times I liked and didn't mind Black Panther, since they didn't constantly force Wakanda down our throats.
They managed to make all of the cast interesting.

>>144336294
Thor was a Gigachad. The power levels felt so much better compared to the DC shows.
>>
>>144336828
Yeah, I noticed the show did take a more critical posture towards Wakanda, not only on it's isolationism but in it's blind cult of tradition; T'Challa himself makes a point by saying to the populace how things like the challenge to throne only hold the country backwards. I only saw the first BP movie, but I don't remember anyone signaling how stupid that rule is, and the anti isolationist message seems more pointed as the fault of a few individuals rather than the culture itself.
>>
>>144337004
I just really think Wakanda is stupid most of the time, so I appreciated they only gave us small doses of it. Honestly they did do a good job tying it in without going overboard like they usually do.

War Machine not being used more was criminal though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.