[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4788.png (2.79 MB, 1200x1800)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
Who are the coolest looking villains?
>>
>>144331612
Venom, Two-Face, Cobra Commander, Plutonian, Thragg, Sephiroth,
>>
>>144331612
Your mom.
>>
File: IMG_4789.gif (209 KB, 400x250)
209 KB
209 KB GIF
>metal armor
>hooded cloak
>femboy skirt
simple. effective.
>>
>>144331863
Sure, his name's Doom, but he's not DoomGUY.
>>
File: Bundle Up.png (657 KB, 629x629)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
I just like how its a plain winter parka. Like its just a normal guy. Then he whips out the cold gun and turns the temperature to sub zero and proceeds to go head to head with the fastest man alive.
>>
>>144331863
I still don’t get the hype behind him. He’s a not a big baddie like Thanos, galactius, or apocalypse to feel actually imo. His motives are usually not that deep or philosophical like magneto and his arch nemesis is literally the fantastic four. Besides the cool mask how am i supposed to take him seriously. People always hype him up but don’t give a reason why and just show that one panel of him ripping Thanos’ spine out. He always seemed like an average villain to me
>>
>>144332008
He would unironically make a better Batman villain
>Masters both science and magic through his lifetime
>goes to Hell to save his mother's soul
>comes back with a single scar
>so vain that he has a mask made to hide it
>puts it on before its cooled down and fucks his face up even more
>Gets beat out by Reed Richards
>despite being a master sorcerer and genius with an army of robots and an entire sovereign nation, he dedicates his life to being petty and jealous of the long man and his family
>Helps his enemies wife give birth to her daughter and in return has names her after him
I like him.
>>
>>144332109
I can see it.
>>
bump
>>
>>144331612
The Penis Monster
>>
File: chopped.gif (947 KB, 500x295)
947 KB
947 KB GIF
Just watching this dude move is engrossing
>>
>>144333390
He was cooler in this than in the actual Treasure Island book
>>
>>144333390
God I need to actually watch Treasure Planet, it honestly looks like one of Disney's best films.
>>
>>144332008
if anything, he feels like quintessential supervillain to me. arrogance and pride are his greatest weaknesses. he's grandiose and powerful. he's insanely competent and dangerous. he has an iconic design. hell, his name is "Dr. Doom". to me, he is THE supervillain. joker's too anarchic and his lack of care means he means very little (the whole "jester's privilege" thing or whatever, because none of what he does seems to matter, he carries very little weight and isn't taken very seriously) and whatever luthor has, doom simply does better as a supervillain. everything about him simply marks him as the "perfect' supervillain, the one you think of when the term "supervillain" is brought up. not just any villain like electro or scorpion, but also exceptional even among other supervillains like magneto. his motives don't really need to be deep - the deeper they are, the harder it is to see them as a villain. hell, even with the story that doom thinks he's the only one fit to rule the world, that alone is built off his arrogance (that whole thing with bast saying he's right aside). he simply is the way that he is, and there shouldn't be any deeper motive other than him wanting to rule the world. similar case for the fantastic four, it's only fitting that someone so self-centered would face off against the world's premiere super-family
>>
>>144335123
Yeah. Doctor Doom is what Lex Luthor THINKS he is. Where Lex is trying to beat a god Doom IS a god trying to put a group of humans in their place. I also like the idea that Latverians actually LIKE Doom despite him being heinous. Like Darkseid on Apokalips
>>
>>144332008
His sheer willpower has literally made him a God more than once. He doesn't have powers, just an incredible drive to attain all means to meet his goals. His mastery of science and magic show just how far he's willing to go. Yeah, his real goal is just the typical "want totake over the world", but just becaues a motivation is simple it doesn't undermine the layers of the character. Even then, due to his history in the wider MU, he's one of the few villains where you can make sense of his goals. As for his pettiness and ego, well, he's still a bad guy, of course he'll have flaws. If anything, being the archrival of the FF makes a perfect foil; how a guy who's so a legit menace is autistically obsessed with a group of not world wide defenders or revolutionary mutants, but just a family of explorers and scientists showcases the flaws in his persona.

Not claiming why you should consider him as the greatest, just wanted to showcase why people see him as highly appealing.
>>
>>144331871
And yet he has also been to Hell and Space
>>
File: 1715979911853101.png (43 KB, 300x300)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>144331871
>>
File: IMG_5932.jpg (180 KB, 1024x768)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
There was a comic, he's cool enough to inspire Nemesis from RE he counts
>>
File: IMG_4795.png (1.34 MB, 880x1179)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>CAPTCHA: SPAMMN
>>
File: GRdWI2vWAAElqNi.jpg (175 KB, 1125x1390)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>
File: 1676657674353974.jpg (3.58 MB, 4125x6263)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_4796.png (700 KB, 623x720)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
>>144336965
do you one better

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.