[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 997148.jpg (1.87 MB, 1440x2160)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
I feel like there hasn't been a serious discussion on the Venture Bros show for quite some time.
A few things I've noticed now that the movie was released and why it suffered from the cancellation that it did was how often the humor attributed itself to the syllogisms and anachronisms of Gen X, so it'd only seem funny to them and to that mutually exclusive and specific generation. On the other hand, while it did have some of the most entertaining story arcs out of any sitcom (Gargantua 2, Wedding Two-parter, Ice Station Impossible, etc.), it often detracted itself far too often from the main narrative and left us out of the scope in terms of what was going on. And whenever it introduced new characters, they were often more than not snuffed out, despite them being far more congruous to the plot and interesting to the scope and field of the story in itself.
Like, for example, when the Hank and Dean clones were all killed off in S3, it made the narrative derivative on purpose and didn't help the constant meandering between seasons 3-4 until the end of S5 when it killed off Monstroso, the Sovereign, and so many of the other characters, which helped give the series the catharsis that it needed since its inception. 6 and 7 were a step in the right direction of giving Rusty and Monarch arcs that were complimentary to each other. But again, it got cut short because it was starting to show its age.
What did you guys think of the show? I honestly felt like it could've done more had it been more direct and up-front with its humor, similar to how Xavier: Renegade Angel and Metalocalypse were handled, which the latter was unironically written by one of the writers for the Venture Bros, despite the two being better than it itself.
>>
>>144332202
I enjoyed the show and still miss it, funny enough I’m wearing a monarch shirt today. I do t think the show showed its age at all, the comedy was very on point and I think it’s do fine maybe even better in modern day since people jizz themselves all over for lore.
>>
>>144332202
Too many words didn't read
It was definitely a you had to be there the show even people discovering it in the future won't get the same experience and I'm glad it ended even tho I didn't get the ending I wanted (final season)
>>
>>144332202
You need to learn about "paragraphs" and put the idea of "reddit spacing" out of your mind. Here, look:

I feel like there hasn't been a serious discussion on the Venture Bros show for quite some time.

A few things I've noticed now that the movie was released and why it suffered from the cancellation that it did was how often the humor attributed itself to the syllogisms and anachronisms of Gen X, so it'd only seem funny to them and to that mutually exclusive and specific generation. On the other hand, while it did have some of the most entertaining story arcs out of any sitcom (Gargantua 2, Wedding Two-parter, Ice Station Impossible, etc.), it often detracted itself far too often from the main narrative and left us out of the scope in terms of what was going on. And whenever it introduced new characters, they were often more than not snuffed out, despite them being far more congruous to the plot and interesting to the scope and field of the story in itself.

Like, for example, when the Hank and Dean clones were all killed off in S3, it made the narrative derivative on purpose and didn't help the constant meandering between seasons 3-4 until the end of S5 when it killed off Monstroso, the Sovereign, and so many of the other characters, which helped give the series the catharsis that it needed since its inception. 6 and 7 were a step in the right direction of giving Rusty and Monarch arcs that were complimentary to each other. But again, it got cut short because it was starting to show its age.

What did you guys think of the show? I honestly felt like it could've done more had it been more direct and up-front with its humor, similar to how Xavier: Renegade Angel and Metalocalypse were handled, which the latter was unironically written by one of the writers for the Venture Bros, despite the two being better than it itself.
>>
File: 1644368214475.gif (304 KB, 500x376)
304 KB
304 KB GIF
>>144332536
We just had a great Venture Bros discussion on /tv/ but there is ONE autist who derails the threads everytime, wint get into specifics but a lot of people like the show. I met the season 3-4 background artist two weeks ago and bought some prints at a con.
https://dennyfin.com/gipfel
You can tell the whole show was a labor of love from people who enjoyed putting effort into every frame and dialogue.
>>
File: cyborg photographer.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
IGNORE ME

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.