[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Lucius Best.png (947 KB, 962x908)
947 KB
947 KB PNG
Do you think the reason it took Buddy so long (15 years) to track down Lucius was because he was looking for a civilian Black guy with a really ostentatious afro? (Lucius's super name being 'FRO-zone).
Pic related was as long as Lucius's hair ever was, and he went bald afterward.
Also, you can't convince me his choice of super name (and his being the only Black super) wasn't intentional pandering to the culture at the time. He killed two birds with one stone by calling himself Frozone—Giving the people the stereotypical Blaxploitation name-persoan they clamored for (I mean, just listen to his theme song), while also directing suspicion away from his secret identity: A guy who's hair really isn't that loud at all.
>>
>>144335056
You know, now that I think about it; it is a little weird that Buddy knew where Mr Incredible was but not where Elastagirl was. How did he not make the connection?
>>
>>144335056
I think Buddy assumed he died of crack.
>>
>>144335109
Were Mr. Incredible and Elastagirl known to be especially close to the public?
>>
>>144335137
I would assume that, as his biggest fan, Buddy knew that the two of them were close; if not outright flirty. Though you are right in that their superhero personas were never 'married.'
>>
>>144335109
>Buddy knew where Mr Incredible was but not where Elastagirl was. How did he not make the connection?
Maybe supers marrying each other is a novel idea. Actually, it must be—Buddy, having unmasked dozens of supers to get to Bob, would have immediately clocked Helen if he even thought it was possible/likely one super would marry another.
That, or Buddy's internalized hatred of Incredible precludes him from thinking he can score Elastigirl OR Buddy's myopia just stopped looking for supers after he found Mr. Incredible.
>>
>>144335056
Lucius lives in Miseryville, that's why it took him 15 years.
>>
>>144335158
He did seemed surprised that they got "busy".
>>
>>144335056
It's because trying to approach Lucius would have made Bob suspicious; he was the only hero he stayed close to after the ban and the two of them regularly went out heroing together. If he went missing or tried to recruit Bob into helping him fight the robot, the plan goes off too early.
>>
File: Mirage Car.png (1.61 MB, 1908x1054)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
>>144335191
>the plan goes off too early.
When Mirage says, "The fat guy's still with him," she doesn't realize that's Mr. Incredible. She doesn't realize Bob is Buddy's quarry until after she sees Bob demonstrate his strength and makes her last line to the person on the phone/radio. The plan wasn't too early—The sooner Buddy got Incredible to test his robot on the better.
>>
>>144335056
>Capitalizes black
Anon, just stop
>>
>>144335056
Literally who?
>>
>>144336133
>>
>>144336217
He's no Lucius Heinous IIV.
>>
>>144335109
elastagirl used to be wild enough to have a mohawk and ride a motorcycle according to incredibles 2, syndrome probably didn't think she'd be a stay at home mom
>>
File: Lucius Fox Batman.png (1.99 MB, 1910x1072)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>144336228
He's not even the best Lucius either
>>144336262
Dicker relocated Bob and Helen probably dozens of times. Helen started the timeskip by saying they had just moved in. If anything it was Bob's longing for the glory days and Dicker's subsequent relocating him and his family that kept the Parrs safe for as long as they were.
>>
>>144336348
That's the craziest transition.
>>
>>144335109
The movie itself implies that Buddy only knew about Frozone, he was the original Target before realizing that Mr Incredible was with him.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.