[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (141 KB, 1280x720)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
Why didn't it awaken a renaissance of new DCAU Justice League movies?
>>
They heavily focused on B-List characters like Miss Martian and the Legion of Super Heroes characters and the JLU characters that people actually care about were basically just supporting characters.
>>
>>144338094
DC DTVs usually flop in any case, the only real success seems to have been Under the Red Hood
>>
>>144338094
Oh boy another movie of Conroy's Batman acting like a passive aggressive faggot with the same shitty designs since JL twenty years after that show died
>>
>>144338094
because it was shit, just live every other bruce timm work to come out in the last 15 years.
>>
File: IMG_5788.jpg (109 KB, 1000x1433)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>144338413
Blocks your path
>>
>>144338214
It wasn’t even supposed to be DCAU originally.

>>144338413
>>144338650
Gods and Monsters was pretty good too.
>>
>>144338650
It was fucking shit and a major example of why GL will never sell in the mainstream.
It's anachronistic faggotry of a bygone age and the pathetic losers who hang onto so many of it's trapping are what will permanently keep it as a joke.
>>
>>144339378
Don’t cut yourself on that edge, sweetie.
>>
>>144338094
Money
>>
I never understood why this was a thing.
It wasn't bad, it felt like a double episode from JL, the first season.
But why a movie set in the DCAU after so many years and why is the JLU fighting the Fatal Five? Who the fuck cares about the Fatal Five?
Why not make something more meaningful and less random?
>>
>>144340506
It borderline flopped.
>>
>>144339378
> It's anachronistic faggotry of a bygone age
I don’t understand. It was adapting the most recent, widely popular Green Lantern material at the time, material that saved the book from Kyle’s crappy sales. What exactly was wrong with it?
>>
>>144340730
originally it was supposed to be a sequel to Crisis on Two Earths, (and Doom) which ironically was supposed to take place in the DCAU
but since they already had the New-52 Justice League movies (DCAMU) they decided to make it part of the DCAU

why it wasn't part of the DCAMU from the beginning is more confusing to why Two Earths couldn't have been part of the DCAU
>>
>>144340883
She’s a shitposter who hates GL.
>>
>>144339378
Are you the same faggot who thinks Emerald Twilight was good?
>>
>>144340883
Is green lantern in the top ten now?
Are people discussing GL?
Did Johns attempt to push a GL show with his stories by blocking any attempts at getting john as the GL in the DCEU help sell GL?

No?
Okay.
The GL property is fucked forever.
Have fun.
>>
>>144341728
>The GL property is fucked forever.
People said the same about Aquaman. Now everyone forgets what a joke he was.
>>
>>144341728
John Stewart wouldn’t have sold anyone on the GLC. He the most boring member and would have been an embarrassment like the rest of Snyder’s DCEU.
>>
>>144341728
Is green lantern in the top ten now?
No, so what?
Are people discussing GL?
Well the new show got announced so kinda ya
Did Johns attempt to push a GL show with his stories by blocking any attempts at getting john as the GL in the DCEU help sell GL?
Well it saved GL from the shitshow that was the DCEU, which can’t be said about the Flash. So it’s too early to tell.
>> getting John as the GL
Oh, you’re a Stewart-fag. You should just watch paint dry if you’re hankering for some good old John Stewart personality
> The GL property is fucked forever.
Melodramatic fag lol. See >>144341847. All it takes is a good adaptation and general audiences will flip
I’m still not seeing why you’re seething at GL:TAS. All I’m seeing is some metadiscussion on the GL franchise. So I ask you again to collect your hysterical self and answer my earlier post
>>
>>144338214
People only watch JLU for the side heroes. If you want to see Batman you go watch Batman.

Although, Batman mentoring Miss M was pretty intriguing because Miss M shouldn't exist in this continuity. So there was a lot of speculation surrounding that. Including the theory that she's really Ace.

Equally frustrating is the fact that Jessica's origin is never explained. They sorta give her Wonder Woman as a mentor in one scene.
And Superman was kind of left out. Even though he's the one that's usually associated with The Legion of Super Heroes.

Another bit of lore they left out is how the Green Lantern Corp. doesn't exist in the future.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.