[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Was it toon blackface?
>>
>>144341445
Toonface
>>
>>144341445
I mean there's a pretty good case to be made that Mickey and Bugs were both versions of minstrel show humor. Some others of the time were probably even more obvious about it. I seem to recall Betty Boop's whole schtick was lifted from a black performer too but I don't think that's blackface so much as whitewashing?
>>
Vore artist
>>
>>144341964
>there's a pretty good case to be made that Mickey and Bugs were both versions of minstrel show humor
i dont know what this could possibly mean
did a bunch of white guys in shoe polish innovate humor you attribute to cartoons
or was it blacks paying to see it what caused loony toons to develop its style of humor
i am befuddled
>>
>>144341445
Thought this was some actual old comic shit but no it's just a furry artist really obsessed with the old comic style. Also there's no controversies with this guy so OP is just being racist by thinking the alligator kinda looks like blackface when it's just a black and white comic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.