[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ponderman.png (1.3 MB, 888x765)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
Analog Horror is a curious genre

It's based around the fear of the unknown
And yet it's creators keep getting exposed.
>>
>>144626204
Urbanspook was the only creator who actually had talent AND was hard working with his series despite it being very simple and mostly made to promote his art.
But then he got bullied by jealous autistic retards for his series being too edgy.
>>
>>144626204
> One if not the most scary monster design is from a series made by a BPD lesbo
Grim.
>>
>>144626204
I hate how Analog Horror became all lore and evil corporation or conspiracy bait. Same shit ruined the backrooms when someone took it from a eerie dreamlike space where you may or may not be alone into some hyper autism evil corporation nonsense. It ruins the mystique.
>>
>>144626498
The only thing I can think of to justify it is maybe the fear of something that is just completely out of your control even tho you understand what it is, you're just a cog and all that. At least thats what pops up in my head without much thought.
>>
Did someone un that community get exposed recently?
>>
>>144626286
Why is there always one Urbanspook shill in threads like these?
>>
>>144626204
Analog horror is a curious genre because the basis of it is just "lol scary vhs filter" yet for some reason everyone only copies the same 5 fucking tropes.
>>
>>144626498
>Same shit ruined the backrooms when someone took it from a eerie dreamlike space where you may or may not be alone into some hyper autism evil corporation nonsense.
As much as it got memed on at release, the Doom wad MYHOUSE understood liminal spaces better than 90% of shit that's exclusively about liminal spaces. The whole point is you're somewhere that's empty, but it SHOULDN'T be empty. Like have you ever been in a mall when the mall itself is open but none of the shops inside have opened up yet? Everything just feels "wrong"
>>
File: hq720.jpg (70 KB, 686x386)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>144626809
Digital horror is just as terrible, it's all "2000s kid flash thing but secretly scary" done by people who didn't grow up in that era and did the bare minimum of research on the aesthetics.

It's always
>something is very wrong with at least one of the developers
>the same presentation style
>glitchy spooky games
>lore hidden in the HTML of the associated neocities site, usually involving dead children or developers
And they keep copying each other over and over until you get the creative equivalet of incest where nothing new is being said, it's the same shit being rehashed but worse than last time. These people have the entire internet to draw inspiration from but they just copy off of each other for those sweet engagement numbers instead of doing anything of creative worth.
>>
>>144626498
When I was a kid we used to drive down from Virginia to Florida to go on vacation, it was an 8 hour overnight.
Once we actually stopped at a little tourist trap place called South of thr Border to use the bathroom and stretch our legs at about 3 am.
The whole place was eerie and abandoned, probably my first experience with liminal space.
>>
>>144626674
It's one part "evil corporation knows more than they let on but are so callous as to just let horrible shit befall innocent people if not actively cause it for their own gain" it's the ultimate version of "Insurance company decides a recall is more expensive than the casualties" and one part "this creates a nice framing device to autistically catalog all the fan fiction adding onto this concept"
>>
>>144626498
I blame Resident Evil for the popularization of the "evil company" trope in the media.
Capcom went with it because it complemented the non-supernatural zombie angle they were going for, now it is used by autistic zoomers to bitch about capitalism and corporations and whatnot.
Like, yeah, we get it. Companies are amoral and only care about money, but portraying them as entities trying to literally destroy the world is just next-level retarded.
>>
File: weyland-yutani-logo-og.jpg (45 KB, 1200x630)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>144627179
To be fair, evil company was a cliche long before Resident Evil even in the scope of pop culture
>>
File: SEI_140020509.jpg (67 KB, 1200x800)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>144627478
It's a part of reality :/
>>
>>144626204
Oh yeah, the FNAF VHS guy that made the genre popular was a groomer, oopsie!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (23 KB, 843x843)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
might as well expose the second killer in urbanspook
>>
>>144627952
Yeah but it's so boring, it's just "We poisoned a bunch of rednecks' water or paid off doctors to say you weren't feeding your children carcinogenic poison." call me when BP accidentally creates dinosaur supersoldiers trying to create humans that bleed oil for profit.
Atleast Governments have the courtesy to have genuinely horrifying conspiracies and experiments.
>>
>>144628803
What....
>>
>>144626204
I think AI horror will be the next big thing. AI art is already pretty creepy with fucked up anatomy and monstrosities in crowds as well as impossible geometry.
>>
I miss when analog horror wasn't so oversaturated. Some of the early stuff was neat.
>>
>>144631366
Yes it is, considering some are animated
>>
>>144627072
>only eight hours
YOU are from Newport News
>South of the Border
>little
that place is massive for what it is
>>
File: JIN.jpg (50 KB, 360x569)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
I kinda liked the whole concept of the last son of alcatraz and the d-day knight in the nixonverse
Like what if the government brainwashed superman into thinking he was jesus and used him on vietnam
>>
>>144631366
Sperg

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.