[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 960x0.jpg (252 KB, 959x1456)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2024/07/23/ducktales-and-thundarr-join-dynamite-lineup-as-the-boys-publisher-celebrates-20-years/
>>
>>144629533
Why are Disney properties going to other companies and not Marvel?
>>
>Dynamite will be expanding its existing partnership with Disney (Darkwing Duck) to include the fan-favorite Duck Tales, the core Duck title featuring Huey, Dewie and Louie, Uncle Scrooge and the rest of the cast.
This sentence is going to trigger multiple types of people in multiple ways
>>
>>144629557
It’s more profitable to license to other comic companies, I guess.
>>
>>144629557
Those companies have to pay a licensing fee. So even if the book doesn't sell, Disney gets some money. If Marvel makes them and they don't sell, Disney loses money/gets nothing.
>>
>>144629533
As long as that faggot Jason Aaron has nothing to do with it I might check them out. With my luck it’ll be mark Russell or some other portlandian. All instant skips as well
>>
>>144629533
How are these licensed Dynamite books anyway? I’ve only read Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, and Space Ghost.
>>
File: 94c.png (46 KB, 1200x1314)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>144629533
>DuckTales
>not Uncle Scrooge
>>
>>144632282
More miss than hit but I’ve liked space ghost. Not loved, but liked. Dynamite has a penchant for hiring the dregs of capeshit for relevancy.
>>
>>144629533
I bought the first issue of Darkwing Duck and I thought it kind of sucked. I love that DuckTales cover but I'm afraid I won't enjoy the actual contents. I'll probably give the first issue a shot though.
>>
>>144629533
>Finally making Ducktales without the Nu-Tales crap
Thank God!
>Ducktales could pass as well as the new Darkwing Duck comics as well as Uncle Scrooge and Infinity Dime
I'm already worried about this. Although I noticed that mostly Disney hires Italian artists lately which is good, but it would be better if they hire Italian writers as well, since I don't trust American writers to write a good story.

>>144631470
The Marvel comic about Uncle Scrooge proves just that. The main problem is that there is no content, just an introduction, action and ending. It turns out they just wanted to promote the Carl Barks comic strip Christmas on Bear Mountain where Scrooge McDuck first appeared, since most Americans don't know about it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.