[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: yes you.png (421 KB, 527x603)
421 KB
421 KB PNG
Let's do something constructive. I want YOU to list five (5) comics that you would rush to buy if they existed. Concept, characters, writer, artist.

They don't have to be commercially viable (this is about YOUR tastes, not some imagined general audience) but they have to be possible to make, so no dead or retired creators, and no illegal content. What would make YOU run to the store every week?

Hard mode: all five from different companies.

I'll post my own list later so that I don't derail the thread before it even starts.
>>
>>144630373
>they have to be possible to make, so no dead or retired creators
This is the real hard mode.
Give me a second.
>>
>/co/ can't even imagine good comics anymore

The situation is more dire than I thought.
>>
DC vs Dragon Ball
>>
>>144630373
1. Homer get iPad
2. Marge get iPad
3. Megg Mogg & Randy Savage
4. 500 page Noah van sciver autobio comic about his big brother
5. Cerebus get iPad
>>
>>144631095
>4. 500 page Noah van sciver autobio comic about his big brother

This but Josh Luna
>>
1. Batgirls relaunched and reimagined as sexy action adventure, Haining on art
2. Power Girl relaunched and reimagined as sexy action adventure, some horny south american on art
3. Dirty Pair relaunched, no need to reimagine anything (it was already sexy action adventure)
4. X-23 and Psylocke team book, sexy action adventure
5. You get the idea

Coming up with five full creative teams is way too hard
>>
>>144630373

1. Daniel: The Sandman by Grant Morrison and JH Williams
2. Ultimates 3 by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch
3. Alan Moore autobiography drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz
4. Stephen King Adaptations drawn by Mike Mignola
5. The Shadow by Ed Brubaker and Sean Philips
>>
File: 110820170626KR4hLReAOb.jpg (347 KB, 1205x900)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>144630373
1. A Nick Fury (white) comic drawn by Tradd Moore and written by Grant Morrison (using the last remains of his powers as a writer and the ideas he didn't use in The Filth)
2. An O. Schrauwen pseudohistory comic set during the French Revolution
3. A Gary Gianni comic about a doomed sea voyage, in the vein of Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym, Moby-Dick, etc, based on true events with some supernatural elements
4. A Lovecraftian kaiju comic by Paul Komoda
5. Al Columbia's nightmare equivalent of Little Nemo
>>
File: RegardingRobinCover.png (2.12 MB, 1067x1600)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>144630373
>A DC Super Hero Girls comic, one that actually matches the action-comedy tone of the tv series, preferably written by the same people who wrote the MLP comics back in the day (or maybe even Faust herself?)
>A Teen Titans book that takes place in the same universe as the '03 cartoon
>Uhhhh
>Uhhhhhhhhhh
>Yeah that's all I got
>>
1.) Gotham Detective Squad. A detective-oriented Gotham PD pulp mystery series that follows some police detectives dealing with the various cases that come up in Gotham. Good at their jobs, but no special powers or gadgets. A focus on real policework and forensics, instead of the hollywood shit. Occasionally Batman might pop in long enough to give them a clue on what to look for in a non-bullshit way. More "The killer escaped through X way based on the evidence, which of the people present would have been capable of that?" and less "There's a hidden passage I found with my BatMcGuffin!" Artwork by Alex Ross, writing by Tom Taylor.

2.) Gwen-aggeddon. An action-drama series about the original Gwen Stacy getting sucked into the multiverse counsel of Gwen's(Spidergwen, Gwenpool, Gwenom, etc), and getting shoved into a lifestyle she was not prepared for. She needs to be the hero while trying to keep her new life a secret so she can maintain her old life. Lotta focus on Gwen learning how to hero from the other Gwen's and their different personalities and styles of combat. But the harder she and the other Gwen's fight against the forces of evil, the worse cracks in reality get. Finally they realize that the only way to stop things is to let Gwen Stacy's original fate play out as it happened, or reality will collapse in on itself due to the counsel of Gwen's trying to help her avoid her fate. Artwork by John Romita Jr, writing by Jason Aaron.
>>
>>144632752
3.) G.I. Joe:Baroness. A series that humanizes the Baroness, while still keeping her firmly a bad guy. Gives her a backstory as a spy in deep cover who lost her handler, and dived into the role of the Baroness to protect herself, only to grow to enjoy the power. Series culminates in showing the only reason Cobra hasn't won already is because she has been sabotaging them behind the scenes. Not enough to be noticeable, but just enough to keep the Joes winning. She tells herself she's still loyal to her original mission, and uses the need to keep her cover as an excuse to do as she pleases. Ends with her personally torturing a prisoner to death, and clearly enjoying it. Artwork and writing by Todd McFarlane.

I have two more ideas, but I need sleep since I have shit to do early tomorrow morning.
>>
awful thread
>>
>>144630373
-Ghost Spider resumed properly from the Sue Storm Dr Doom arc
-Fables redone from the start but with writers who aren't incompetent hacks
-My Hero Academia but with DC artists and writers
-A new series with Hydra Cap
-Spider-Man series where 1) he doesn't get cucked and 2) there aren't any other spider-people he's the only one
>>
great thread
>>
File: 1694775868619788.jpg (153 KB, 754x890)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
> IDW
> Godzilla - What IF? Sort of anthology book that either does alternate timeline stories, follow ups to previous timelines or adaptations of unmade films each arc.

Arc #1
> Godzilla is released from the Raids Again iceberg early in the late 50s and battles Rodan & Varan. Matt Frank on art.

Arc #2
> Pic related Godzilla is released from Mt Mihara early in 87-ish & battles Dagahra (Rebirth of Mothra 2)
> Have the G design largely be a faithful copy of the 84 suit but give it the smaller 89 eyes.
> Keep the ominous Cold War elements & mood. Maybe have commie China fucking with Japan & unleashing Dag by mistake.
> Mateus Santolouco on art with the same style as his Shredder in Hell book.

Arc #3
> Adaptation of the cancelled G2000 American sequel Godzilla Reborn with G fighting a giant lava bat monster in Hawaii. Film was going to have Bruce Campbell, Christopher Lee, Spock & Jamie Lee Curtis.
> Dustin Weaver on art?

Arc #4
> Sequel to GMK

Arc #5
> Mothra vs Bagan
> Jerome Opena on art
> Keep it very faithful to the concept art storyboards out there.

Arc #6
> Godzilla vs Bagan
>>
File: 1581749603535.jpg (3.21 MB, 1135x1722)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
>>144634087
>> Mateus Santolouco on art with the same style as his Shredder in Hell book.
>>
Earth 6 Wonder Woman book with Ivan Reis as the main artist. Have back up stories about the other E6 characters.

Carlos Gomez does a hyper sexualized cheesecake heavy crossover arc between her and the very similar Yara Flora.
>>
File: Mothra_vs._Bagan.jpg (293 KB, 1000x703)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>144634087
>> Keep it very faithful to the concept art storyboards out there.
>>
File: Bagan_5.jpg (283 KB, 1000x680)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>144634180
>>
File: Bagan_beams_Mothra.jpg (268 KB, 1000x705)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>144634193
>>144634180
>>
>>144634087
>>144634119
>>144634180
>>144634193
>>144634205

I have been hoping for years we would get more of these kinda sequels to dead continuities + adaptations of unmade projects.

So far we have had...
> William Gibson's Alien 3
> Alien - The Original Screenplay (one was planned for predator but canceled because of covid)
> THE Star Wars
> Batman 89
> Superman 78

Options we have for future projects...
> District 9 director's Alien pitch.
> JJ Abram's Superman Flyby
> Superman Lives
> The Superman Returns sequel with Braniac
> Affleck's Batman
> Man of Steel 2
> ZSnyder's Justice League Part 2-3
> Raimi Spider Man 4
> Amazing Spider-Man 3
> Star Wars - E9 - Duel of the Fates
> Sequel to Halloween 6 showing Michael & the cult continuing to try & go after Jamie's baby.
> Sequel to Halloween H20 showing Michael going after Laurie's son.
> Rob Zombie's Halloween 3
> Halloween Returns (was a plot that was thrown around before the 2018 movie moved forward)
> Sequel to the 2009 Friday the 13th
> New stories set in the Godzilla98/Godzilla Tas universe.
> Sequels to the Dracula Untold & Mummy (2017) universes.
>>
File: 1457483581705.jpg (634 KB, 1264x1920)
634 KB
634 KB JPG
>>144634230
>> Batman 89
Weird (based?) they turned a earlier pitch for it down. Dropped the original radical feminist who pitched it but kept the artist.
>>
File: 1683091843379.jpg (3.63 MB, 3975x3056)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
>>144634087
Have Nic Klein draw one of these arcs as well.
>>
File: WGuVUjn.png (1006 KB, 727x1009)
1006 KB
1006 KB PNG
Hickman Great Society series.
Give the Martian Manhunter a better design.
>>
File: 1536624129785.jpg (341 KB, 1236x1441)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
Carlos Gomez on a all female cheesecake heavy Teen Titans book with pic related line up. Add Starfire with a new more lewd outfit than her last 2.
>>
File: 1522637675083.jpg (212 KB, 920x615)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
Dc Thunderbolts like redemption team with pic related line up. Add Livewire.

Mabye add Damage?
>>
>>144630373
X-Men's Cyclops standalone comic eith no dumbass love triangle cuckold shit.

Mad Max spinoff featuring Goose from the first film becoming a wasteland warlord.

Crossed+100 without Alan Moore's pretentious headache inducing nuspeak.

Michael Grant Gone Adaptation

Redwall Adaptations
>>
File: 1534064609312.jpg (1.61 MB, 5320x1520)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
X-Men book with pic related team line up.
Add LifeGuard?
Storm is not a smug cunt. Have that exact pictured outfit (fan edit of her xtreme outfit)
No wokeness.
No anti-human extremism.
>>
>>144630373
Okay I've got a few.
1. Chris Ware's Rusty Brown volume 2
Pretty self-explanatory. I assume this is actually going to happen before Ware or I die.
2. Miracleman: The Dark Age by Gayman and Buckingham
I assume it's going to happen, but it took forever the last time...
3. More Hexer Dusk by John Ostrander & Jan Duursema
They're a really good writer-artist duo and it's obvious there's tons more they want to do with Hexer Dusk.
4. More Grimjack by John Ostrander & Tim Truman
Same as above
5. More Strangehaven by Gary Spencer Millidge
I just want more...
>>
Alpha Centurion ongoing.

Written by Brian Augustyn.

Black Vulcan ongoing.

Written by Eric July.

Wonder Woman ongoing.

Written by Jane Goldman.

Justice League Of America ongoing.

Written by Alan Grant.

Justice League Incarnate featuring Captain Carrot and The Zoo Gang ongoing.

Written by Grant Morrison.
>>
>>144634314
>Mad Max spinoff featuring Goose from the first film becoming a wasteland warlord.
I always forget that Goose actually survives the first film
>>
Fun, sexy Zatanna ongoing where Zatanna has her DC Super Hero Girls personality and is a bratty rich girl with a big butt solving magical mysteries.
>>
>>144630373
>no order of priority

1. Timothy Truman finishes Scout as originally planned, e.g. two more miniseries following the original intended ending and using the originally intended titles. Truman was trying to find a publisher for years to actually do this (or at least the first of two miniseries) back in the 2010s, but it's probably dead now.

2. Roy Thomas back on Conan. I know that OP said "no retired creators", but I think this is an exception because Thomas actually DID do a single Conan story a few years back, but I'd like him back on the character full time.

3. A faithful adaptation of The Spider pulp stories. Ideally the entire series, one story at a time. Creative team doesn't really matter to me that much as long as the art looks nice and is tonally appropriate and the writing just takes directly from the source material. Maybe Timothy Truman could do it, as he did a sci-fi version of The Spider in the 80s, which looked great regardless of being so different from the original setting.

4. Chuck Dixon back on The Punisher and in a self-contained continuity that ignores everything Marvel has done in the last 30 years. Art would ideally be by Mike Zeck, but I'd take almost any decent looking art as an alternative. And if Dixon can't write it then Steven Grant would be an acceptable alternative. Alas, I know this will never happen.

5. Frank Miller's originally intended Daredevil and Doctor Strange team-up two-parter that was meant to be part of his second run (following Born Again). I don't know if the script was completed before it was abandoned or not, but if it was then they'd just use that without alterations. Art should ideally be by whoever was originally going to draw it.
>>
>>144634666
For fun, here are some others, also in no order of priority:

6. The Ballad of Halo Jones finished by the original team. This doesn't meet OP's criteria since Moore is retired, but it'd be nice.

7. Christopher Priest on Judge Dredd. He did a story on the DC Comics American Judge Dredd series that showed that he could do this well enough for a longer run.

8. Adaptations of British Renaissance theatre. Since OP said "no dead creators" that disqualifies Gianni De Luca, so let's say P. Craig Russell does the dirty work instead. Based on his handling on opera, I think he'd be a great fit. Hopefully he'd take cues from De Luca's adaptations of Shakespeare and combined that style with his own (since I think De Luca's approach to dialogue-heavy stage plays is brilliant).

9. Alex Ross doing a bimonthly ongoing of his choice in its own self-contained continuity. The Fantastic Four OGN that he did proves that this would almost certainly be pure gold. This man is wasted on variant covers.

10. Paradise Lost and The Faerie Queene by Barry Windsor-Smith. I don't care how many issues it takes to adapt these. And I know it isn't viable, because as slow as he works they'd both take decades. But were it feasible then these could be all-time greats in the medium. Maybe throw in The Divine Comedy while we're at it.
>>
>>144634384
>Brian Augustyn
>Alan Grant

Did you not read the OP?
>>
>>144630373
>X-men on Mars, constantly bitching about humans to a fed up Dr Manhattan
>616 Spider-Man not being treated like shit by his writters
>A sequel to Primer
>A story about Manhattan Jr (the kid named Clark at the end of Doomsday Clock)
>Batkek was just a bad dream, him and Perpetua never ever existed
>>
>>144634909
What the hell... few more (also in no order):

11. Twilight of the Superheroes as original planned by Alan Moore. Doesn't count since he's retired, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

12. Marvels II and Marvels III as originally planned by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross. I know that Marvel basically published Marvels II under a different name, but it technically wasn't an officially sequel and Marvels is a self-contained continuity anyway, so they could still do this hypothetically.

13. Punisher: Rules of the Game. From what I understand, this was fully penciled and partially inked. All they'd need to do is finish it up and release it as is.

14. All of Chris Claremont's unpublished X-Men miniseries and OGNs from his original run. Why Marvel passed up on surefire sellers like these at the time is beyond me. They'd have to be written and drawn exactly as they were planned at the time of course.

15. The Thing by Barry Windsor-Smith.

16. More Captain America by Jim Steranko. Set in the 60s. I know he's retired, but this would be un-fucking-real.

17. Doug Moench and Bill Sienkiewicz reuniting on Moon Knight.

18. Jeff Smith back in comics on an original IP that he'd own.

19. The third volume of Time2. This may be finished already, but I think it's for some reason been shelved (possibly forever).

20. The Blood of Belshazzar adapted by the same team that did the Hawks of Outremer miniseries.

21. The rest of Wagner's operas adapted by P. Craig Russell.

22. Roy Thomas doing (more/new) adaptations of Robert E. Howard's Kull.

23. Chuck Dixon on an American Revolutionary War series. I'd say Ennis, but he'd find a way to make it more vulgar/gross/"linguistically modern" than necessary, and Dixon is the only other guy who'd do the research.

24. Eastman and Laird back on TMNT.

25. That Jim Cornette wrestling comic that was announced years ago and then just never happened for whatever reason. Hopefully with good art.
>>
>>144634666
>5. Frank Miller's originally intended Daredevil and Doctor Strange team-up two-parter that was meant to be part of his second run (following Born Again). I don't know if the script was completed before it was abandoned or not, but if it was then they'd just use that without alterations. Art should ideally be by whoever was originally going to draw it.

Walt Simonson was going to be the artist.
>>
>>144631758
>You get the idea
I'm not opposed to sexy, sex is fine, but any time sexy is incorporated as a creative directive it seems to come at the expense of more important things like writing and good art that doesn't make my peepee stand. It's like there's a zero sum game going on between creators' brains and their balls.
>>
File: 1720142670051432.jpg (937 KB, 2960x1440)
937 KB
937 KB JPG
>>144630373
New Sam and Max
New Mask
Oddworld comic drawn by the original OWI team
Archie Metroid, out of morbid curiosity
Kingdom Hearts adapted by Marvel
>>
File: BATMANIME.png (592 KB, 1872x1844)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>144630373
some ideas off the top of my head;

1) from DC a comic based on some of the ideas from the "Batmanime" concepts in this image, don't really have any specifics for who to handle it

2) from Marvel, a comic based on this concept; https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/x-men-riff-the-vibranian-empire-or-the-prehistoric-mutants.516679/

3) IDW published Ghostbusters comic by Tom Scioli, I bet he could do some wild things with that franchise considering what he's already done

4) since Image is already going to publish that Hack/Slash & Body Bags crossover later this year, maybe have them do something with whatever materials Jason Pearson had prepared for Don't Die Until I Kill You, whether that just be putting it all together as some sort of artbook to maybe getting some people to make a proper finished comic out of it

5) since Skybound* have the Transformers IP at the moment I say do a Beast Wars series based on the original "micro-continuity" from the early toy bios(and that one pack-in comic that came with the Bat Optimus Primal vs Alligator Megatron two-pack) where it's set on Modern Earth, get an artist who can properly mimic the Guyver-esque aesthetic that both the toys and the package art for the line made use of

*Skybound is a separate company from Image(even if they do work pretty closely together since Kirkman is on Image's board of directors), so I'd say Hard Mode is met
>>
>>144630373
>comics
>illegal content

?
unless you mean threatening to bl*w up the wh*te h*use, I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
>>144634909
>The Ballad of Halo Jones finished by the original team
and the original artist died a couple of months back
>>
>>144635707
Well shit.
>>
Dr. Fate by Peter Milligan and Brendan McCarthy

A creator owned comic about mysticism by J.M. DeMatteis and JH Williams III

Big Crazy by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely

Plasticman by James Harvey

The Last Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man story
>>
>>144630373
>they have to be possible to make
Welp, that cuts out anything that isn't capeshit. What a useless thread.
>>
>>144635827
Please read the whole sentence at least before commenting on it.
>>
some seriously good ideas here that I would like to see. unfortunately the only thing we'll get is more slob -.-
>>
File: X23_51.png (523 KB, 580x1375)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
I want a Marvel: Whoring Around the World special starring all the characters who are canonically prostitutes or porn actresses (there's 15 of them, not even counting strippers of which there's 22).

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Sex_Workers
>>
>>144634314
>Crossed+100 without Alan Moore's pretentious headache inducing nuspeak.
Then it's worthless.
>>
So many moronic ideas.
>>
>>144636203
Most of these are awful.
>>
>>144637416
>>144637763
These, but keep them coming.
>>
Neat.
>>
>>144636180
Take your own advice. It says nothing about genre one would like to see, only that it has to be possible to make. Anything that isn't capeshit never gets greenlit because the market is a fucked up pile of shit and publishers are obsessed with capes.
>>
>>144638452
It literally explains "possible to make" in the same sentence: no dead or retired creators and no illegal content. That's it. Market is clearly covered by "doesn't have to be commercially viable".
>>
>>144630373
>Steampunk fantasy adventure a out a wizard hunting monsters, Darkhorse comics, Sean Gordon Murphy on art
>Shazam run continuing from First Thunder, focusing on Billy, his friendship with Tawny and the Wizard, adapting to a smaller adoptive family (just Freddy, Mary, and Darla), and a romance with Stargirl
>Nightcrawler solo run that doesn't mention the X-Men once
>Comic book adaptation of Furies of Calderon, Image, Fiona Staples on art
>Teen Romance Mystery about a scrappy nerd and a popular Stacy uncovering a lizard person conspiracy in their town, Boom Studios
>>
>>144630373
>Avengers level crisis even where USAgent and Falcon have to team up to save the day
>A Redhood and the Outlaws book drawnand written by Daniel Warren Johnson
>Dark horse Predator vs Moby Dick
>Invincible but set in an alt universe where Mark never develops powers but gets inducted into the Super-life anyways and has to stop his father and the viltrumites
>Dogman vs Captain Underpants
It's like printing money
>>
Sandman Mystery Theatre by Kyle Baker and Andrew Helfer
Hellblazer miniseries by John Smith and Sean Phillips
New Quitely comics by anyone other than Millar.
Superman/Doc Savage crossover by Mike Mignola
Guy Davis making comics again
>>
>>144633357
Duh.
No one on /co/ would ever post their actual best seller pitches on here.
Most people will just post their capeslop wish list.
>>144630373
And neither will I.
Here are 2 pitches for a BOOM/Image/B list "indie publisher" I'd give that I'd also read if someone made off the top of my head and 3 must buys for pre existing IPs/artists.
1. Political espionage thriller about multiple intel military ops being led into a converging goose chase against each other.
2. McCarthy inspired neo western about a boy forced into a cartel.
3. I would force Frank Miller and Moore to both make pitches for 12 issue series and then swap them and force each other to write them.
4. Cross over between Anime Club, Eltingville and the rest of the misfit troupe groups.
5. Lovecraftian DC sort of like Gods and Monsters but well more cosmic and body horror. Only if it's given more than just an elseworlds or one off mini series treatment though.
>>
>>144638485
No publisher in the western market is going to greenlight something that isn't capeshit. Therefore, it falls under the label of impossible.
>>
>>144638802
That's not even true you whiny bitch, there's shitloads of non-superhero comics printed every month. They don't sell but that's not the point here. They exist.
You need to fucking learn to give up when you're wrong instead of whining like a beaten dog.
>>
>>144638874
Ignore that retard.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
Endless miniseries by Neil Gaiman and Barry Windsor Smith

Destiny miniseries by Mike Carey and Gary Gianni

Death miniseries by Jaime Hernandez and Fiona Staples

Delirium miniseries by Peter Milligan and Brendan McCarthy

Desire miniseries by Gilbert Hernandez and Jo Chen

Destruction miniseries by Garth Ennis and Riccardo Frederici

Despair miniseries by Scott McCloud
>>
>>144630373
none
>>
>>144641466
Bullshit.
>>
bump
>>
Yep, bad timing.
>>
>>144630373
A fighting tournament comic starring Batgirl against all the brawler type characters (Bronze Tiger, Bane, Sportmaster) from DC comics in some underground fighting tournament sponsored by evil rich people. Where you actually see the action of the fight in a dynamic way.
>>
>>144632940
4.) If It Bleeds, It Leads. A sequel to Transmetropolitian written by Warren Ellis and drawn by Darick Robertson. The latest batch of scumbag politicians in the City are pushing laws that are taking Spider's sanctuary away from him. Left with no choice, he returns to the city to once again unleash fire on the politicians who are interfering with his life. Only to find his previous campaign and his left-behind filthy assistant have re-shaped the journalism scene, making news more of a contact sport than it used to be. Lucky for Spider, he's no stranger to attempts on his life.

5.) G.U.N. A slice-of-life comedy series about the humans from Sonic X's G.U.N.(SEGA must still own the rights to them) who have to deal with the "visitors" like Shadow and Rogue. And just how weird it is trying to deal with these strange beings who regularly defy the laws of physics. The poor saps who have to deal with Shadow and his mute behavior, the unlucky sod who thought the bat was just being friendly until he couldn't find his wallet, the medic trying to patch one up after a battle and freaking out realizing they have no idea what the fuck they are looking at, etc. Written by Ian Flynn, artwork by Tracy Yardley.
>>
>>144631051
I don't want to share my good ideas.
>>
>>144644811
This.
These threads can always be some Marvel intern that search new stories.
>>
>>144644811
Best to give fanboy answers instead of actual ideas for stories, then.
>>
>>144644811
I've lost count as to how many of my casual bullshti ideas and stories have ended up in movies cartoons manga and comic stories.

Almost 1:1
Wish I was a good writer so I could make something out of it but it is what it is.
>>
File: 1587684016713.jpg (440 KB, 1280x854)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>1
A retro-futuristic space western drawn by Gennedy Tartakovsky
>2
An espionage procedural set in a Y2K style retro-futuristic world full of liquid design, shiny surfaces, and all sorts of gadgets and gizmos that open with a slide, twist, spin, flip, etc.
Pic related.
>3
An adaptation of the Acts of The Apostles.
>4
A serious romance comic told from a male POV taking place either in the present or just after WWII
>5
A comic that is for Star Wars what The Orville is for Star Trek. An original story that recaptures what made the original great without the constraints or baggage of trying to work within the original story.
>>
>>144645725
Same.
>>
>>144638802
this poster is psychotic or a bot
>>
>>144647323
It's some gay spammer. Probably the scifi fag.
>>
>>144644811
me three
>>
This isn't going well.
>>
A proper Aquaman series, Aquaman and the Others or an Aquaman team book, Frankenstein AoS, I,Vampire, and Brother Power the Geek.
>>
too many capeshit suggestions
>>
>>144650024
Then post yours.
>>
>>144630373
Sorry OP but even my ideal 5 comic ideas wouldn't get me rushing to the store. I'd still just pirate them.
>>
1. Bendis and Immonnen on Plastic Man
2. Brubaker bringing back Incognito, but with Rafael Alburquerque.
3. Where is Jake Eliis?
4. Warren Ellis bringing Gah Lak Tas from original Ultimate Universe to 616.
5. Miracleman: The Dark Age.
>>
>>144638874
>they don't sell
Yeah, and they don't sell because they're buried under all the capeshit, and thus nobody bothers making them. Dumbass.

>>144647323
>>144647732
Why are you so desperate to deny the hard reality that the medium is fucked? Ignoring the problem doesn't magically make it go away.
>>
>>144630373
Forgive me if there are comics like the ones I'm about to describe. I'm a admittedly pretty casual comic reader
>A World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness comic. Either an anthology that explores the different splats or a small core cast of characters exploring the setting while having adventures, kinda like Supernatural.
>A comic that serves as a definitive continuation and end to the Green Lantern CGI show
>Two opposing armies in war world one getting transported into some fantasy world and needing to work together to overthrow the resident Dark Lord or Ice Queen in order to get back to Earth.
>The S.C.P (Not sure how copyright would work) or S.C.P like organization where the issues deal with such a group contains stuff, field work, and exploring other elements of the world, like the G.O.C or the Church of the Broken God, while building to face off against some grave threat, like the Scarlet King. Would be similar to the WoD idea in either being an anthology or having a small core of characters (Like an MTF unit perhaps)
>Half Life comic that explores how Barney operated as a undercover agent in Civil Protection with occasional flashbacks to the past.
>>
>>144646246
I'm wondering why more stuff isn't taking a Y2K look. 2000's nostalgia is getting stronger by the day.
>>
>>144651062
>Why are you so desperate to deny the hard reality that the medium is fucked?

That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about wishlists. If you're not going to engage with its concept then kindly fuck off.
>>
>>144651491
You said in the OP that said wishlists are limited to things that are possible. You don't even realize that you're sucking the capeshit kool-aid. Fucking hell.
>>
bump
>>
>>144632752
>1.) Gotham Detective Squad. A detective-oriented Gotham PD pulp mystery series that follows some police detectives dealing with the various cases that come up in Gotham. Good at their jobs, but no special powers or gadgets. A focus on real policework and forensics, instead of the hollywood shit. Occasionally Batman might pop in long enough to give them a clue on what to look for in a non-bullshit way. More "The killer escaped through X way based on the evidence, which of the people present would have been capable of that?" and less "There's a hidden passage I found with my BatMcGuffin!" Artwork by Alex Ross, writing by Tom Taylor.
Gotham Central was so good it influenced many other comics and shows coming after it. It's high time they do another one.

>>144632940
I love the Baroness, the most beautiful women in comics, but I do prefer her original origin as a spoiled heiress attracted to radical causes and a hatred of the civilization that allowed her family to prosper, an archtype that was very popular IRL back in the 70s that has been making a comeback in recent years with trust-fund kiddie anti-American rioters.
Todd McFarlane is an interesting choice to write, but I'd love to see him draw someone so beautiful.

>>144644251
A new Transmet would be amazing, especially given how politics has just gotten worse and worse since the original came out. It's weird that Nixon and Blair, as terrible as they were, seem far less scary than most of the choices we have now.
>>
>>144632752
>Tom Taylor
>Jason Aaron
>>144650811
>Bendis on Plastic Man
kys
>>
>>144653114
I would have preferred Sam Keith and Steve Ditko, but they aren't current writers for DC and Marvel.
>>
Interesting.
>>
>>144654734
>endless amounts of capeslurping
>interesting
This genre and its thralls need to fuck off and die already.
>>
>thread about people posting ideas for comics they would actually want to read
>the whiner can't post anything other than whining about cape comics since he doesn't actually read comics
>>
>>144654931
YOU. SAID. 'POSSIBLE'. You said in the fucking OP that the comic had to be -possible-. The premise of your thread is just as fucked as the state of the industry.
>>
>>144655036
I'm not OP retard. There's already people posting comics with people who have fucked off from the industry, no one is crying about it being OH NOES IMPOSSIBLE!!!, you are just getting autistic over nothing so you can WHINE like a bitch. Post comic ideas or fuck off.
>>
>>144655108
>I'm not the OP
Then why are you getting so defensive?

>There's already people posting comics with people who have fucked off from the industry,
Then those people are doing it wrong, and your thread is shit.
>>
>>144655145
>pointing and laughing at retard whiner = defensive
I'm pointing and laughing at you for getting upset about people talking about comics, not defending OP or anyone else. White knighting on the internet is for fags.
>THEY ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!
And you are the only autismo who gives a shit. I'm amazed you can't see this. Re-read the thread, look how many people don't give a shit about OP's rules. You are the only person who cares, despite hating the thread concept? How does that work in autism land?
>>
>>144655259
>N-no, I'm laughing at you!
You can try to re-frame being a butthurt little bitch as much as you want, it's not going to change that you're a butthurt little bitch.

>Re-read the thread, look how many people don't give a shit about OP's rules.
So you admit that your thread is garbage and everyone wants to ignore your idiotic parameters.
>>
>>144655313
>n-n-n-n-no, you MUST be OP!
So this is what the people who whine about "capeshit" are like mentally huh? I'll never take any of you clowns seriously ever again.
>still hasn't posted any comic ideas
And for your next trick, "I don't want my ideas stolen!"
>>
>>144655424
>So this is what the people who whine about "capeshit" are like mentally huh? I'll never take any of you clowns seriously ever again.
Again, if you are not the OP, why are you being so defensive?

>And for your next trick, "I don't want my ideas stolen!"
I was fully ready to participate in the thread before I read the words " but they have to be possible to make".
>>
I would like a physical copy of the TF2 comics.
I skimmed what it was you were asking of us, but I got the jist.
This is all I want.
>>
>>144655823
I would pay for that to never be made.
>>
Based.
>>
I have strong desire to read a Gwenpool 24+ issues series that woould keep her character on same level as it was in OG series and made with good main and filler artists.
>>
>>144658248
>filler artists
Why the fuck?
>>
>>144640666
>Death miniseries by Jaime Hernandez and Fiona Staples
It'd be better with Xaime doing writing and art
>>
>>144659409
Definitely.
>>
>yet more capeslop
It's all so tiresome.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.