[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4903.jpg (924 KB, 800x1280)
924 KB
924 KB JPG
Redpill me on Constantine. What makes him better than like, Spawn, Ghost Rider, or Hellboy?
It just seems more of the same
>>
Ive heard it as him being the kind of guy punks want to be like
>>
>>144630429
He's a poofter
>>
>>144630520
Gah. I fucking forgot they made him half a fag. Same with Deadpool. Why do they keep doing it?
>>
>>144630429
He is magic Batman who doesn't need preptime
>>
>>144630429
Constantine was just a regular street nigga who got into some seriously fucked up shit that made him realize the world is bigger and more horrifying then what we know
He delved deep into the dark portions of humankind and life and retained his humanity and that small spark of hope and good
A classical trickster who does what he does to survive and for the current greater good.
Also ends up destroying every relationship he has.
Part of an ancient bloodline called the constant ones and his familial progenitor and descendents were always there and will be there at the end.

The bar at the end of the Hellblazer?
That's the bar that Death will drink her last drink in. Before she closes shop, sends everyone on their way and turns the lights out on all of creation.
John Constantine will probably still in that bar after Death turns out the lights.

He also is a firm believer in "A hole is a hole" as long as it's female or feminine, till the fags and fujo's get a hold to them then he's a straight up dick sucking power bottom faggot.
>>
>>144630429
He's a cynical british guy who likes to rat his way out of a conflict. Depends on the writer but If a vampire wanted to kill a guy Hellboy would beat the shit out of it, while Constantine would probably have the guy eat copious amount of garlic until the vampire gets poisoned.
>>
So he's basically british capeshit Witcher?
>>
>>144630429
He's an edgy leftist
>>
>>144630520
>>144630646
Because it's hot and makes them ripe for relationship/sex drama for both sexes. They don't call them bisexual disasters for nothing.
>>
>>144630429
Zatanna can't have a single story focused on her without this limey cunt hijacking it and making it about him, so I don't like him at all.
>>
>>144631012
>John Constantine will probably still in that bar after Death turns out the lights.
then she won't turn off the lights not yet at least
>>
>>144630429
He's just a guy, not a superguy
>>
>>144631857
Boy. Just wait until you see how forced Madam Xanadu is
>>
I'm supposed to be impressed because he can beat Superman. But its magic. Thats the equivalwnt of saying a guy with a gun can kill Batman
>>
>>144631927
Constantine doesn't beat Superman in a fight, he tricks Lois into selling her soul to the devil
>>
File: Hellblazer51.jpg (28 KB, 360x276)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>144630646
>>144631012
He's been Bi since 1992, the only way "They" were making him Bi was via fucking Time Machines.
>>
>>144631324
Actually. I think John did something like that.
>>
>>144630429
He's an actually troubled character trying his Best (minus when he's drunk) and somehow being British is only his second worst sin
>>
>>144630646
>half a fag
fag = fag, fag.
>>
>>144630429
I miss when Constantine was more a trickster and manipulator. Now he's casually casting spells, leading superhero teams, and doing all sorts of un-Constantine-like things.
>>
>>144630429
Simple
before they went full retard with Heckblazer, John Constantine's whole shtick was him being a conman
As a brawler?
He's mediocre
As a magician?
Also mediocre
As a trickster?
Absolute mad lad
>>
>>144630429
Nothing. He's just an edgy cunt for people who like trench coats but thought they were cooler than cape fags.
>>
A friend of mine's bi and into SMT
I don't think he's remotely into capeshit but I kind of want to get him Vertigo era Hellblazer
Any recs?
>>
>>144633448
Just start with Delano and keep going until he gets bored probably at Jenkins
>>
>>144630429
He's based but he's not better than Hellboy. At least, his comics aren't.
>>
>>144633369
Yes, Heckblazer
>>
>>144630429
He used to look like Sting.
>>
>>144630429
Everyone else can fall back on brute force, for one.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.