[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What went wrong, This IP has potential for infinite storylines, games, toys, etc.
>>
>>144630523
Was there an over arching plot or was it just week to week mayhem?
>>
I respect Mark Schulz but he's the typical American indie comics guy who gave up on a project before it truly got off the ground. He's just lost interest in it. Can't do much when there's no original material to use anymore.
He's been writing the Prince Valiant comic strip for 20 years now(yes it still exists). His attention drifted elsewhere.
>>
>>144630614
Pretty much this. And every other attempt besides the Capcom game fizzled out from being average to lousy.
>>
>>144630523
the only good cartoon about cadillacs is Archer
>>
>>144630614
Would it really have made a difference if he hadn't lost interest? I got the impression that the IP got all the videogame and cartoon deals it was likely to get and Schulz lost interest when he realized it wasn't going to get any more such deals. It just peaked at the wrong time to get revived by the nostalgia cycle the way a lot of other IPs did.
>>
>>144630523
Sorry, what is this show?
>>
>>144631033
If you had a complete story you could point to and have people read it would incentivize more people to check it out. As is it's a novelty that never really went anywhere.
>>
>>144631122
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
>>
>>144630523
>What went wrong,

it was at the tail end of the dino and beatemup crazes
>>
>>144630614
Unfortunate.
I got the whole big book of the series, and the art is just phenomenal
Shame he abandoned it.
>>
File: xenozoic t.jpg (906 KB, 861x1000)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
>>144630614
I do wish he'd return to it one day
>>
I like the show more than the comic.
>>
>>144631978
I haven't seen the show, but the comic has a lot of goofy early 90s Captain Planet environmentalism that didn't age very well.
>>
>>144632090
The cartoon is that but moreso without the cool sometimes violence and Jack being a badass.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.