[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1710086194317216.jpg (413 KB, 1200x720)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
Now that this universe is over, what the fuck was the point of this?
>>
>>144631386
What is the point of anything?
>>
>>144631386
A less edgy DCAMU after the old one outlived New52.
It died because Gunn wants to align things going forward.
>>
>>144631386
To add, I hated the DCAMU, but at the Apocalypse War felt earned and they had 16 movies in the universe.

This universe had 10, really only 7 when you considered the two-parter and the trilogy. Them doing Crisis didn't feel earned at all and it seemed more like they wanted to end the universe as ASAP.
>>
>>144631386
Letting faggots like tim sheridan and Josie Campbell shit on things fans love, like ruining TLJ and making Mon-El a villain.
>>
>>144631386
The point of their existence is that they are a grim reminder of Hamada era leftovers that lasted longer then it needed to. Just like the DCEU :)
>>
To the people who watched this series, the last DC animated movie I've seen in full, not counting JL vs the Fatal 5, was Batman: Assault on Arkham, did literally any of the movies prior to Crisis on Infinite Earths even hint that a Crisis movie was coming?
>>
Cleaning house for Gunn.

Although I wonder...did it also erase the DCxRWBY crossover?
>>
>>144631552
>Cleaning house for Gunn.
It a series of direct to home video animated movies. They didn't have to clean anything. Nobody was going to get confused over this shit.
>>
>>144631386
DC is incapable of just letting a universe be. They HAVE to burn it all to the ground because they've been chasing the high of the original Infinite Earths run for decades.
>>
>>144631813
resources are now going to be going to making things that can work within Gunn's universe.
I wonder how the production crew feels. It felt like these movies were done with little meddling from higher ups, it's why things like Gods and Monsters could exist or they could make a random DCAU movie or a Batman 66 movie.
>>
What >>144631552 said

Superman: Man of Tomorrow was released in 2020 so whatever plans they had for this universe were happening with the regime that planned to do an overhaul of the DCEU where Keaton would replace Affleck and Sasha Calle's Supergirl would replace Cavill's Superman

But all the production for the other movies was happening when the regime changed to Zaslav and then Gunn and Safran taking over production of all DC stuff

>>144631813
You know that, and I know that

But I think the real reason is they want to get rid of anything made under the prior regime and have a clean slate
>>
>>144631386
I was really hoping that after Apokolips War, DC would just retire the idea of having a shared universe for their movies and just go back to making standalone movies and adaptations with unique animation styles. But of course we got this instead.

I just really hope that whatever comes after it isn't garbage like most of these movies were
>>
>>144631386
>>144631395
It doesn't matter.
None of this matters.
>>
>>144631813
DC/WB has always been retarded like this since the Bat Embargo of the 2000s
>>
>>144632268
What bat embargo? The reason Batman doesn’t appear in to shows is because fox held Batman TV rights ever since the 60s
>>
>>144632319
Tv shows*
>>
Oh I didn't know that they were ending the universe. Hmm. Well if it's because they want to put those resources to work making tie-ins for James Gunn's universe, I do hope the movies are all good and do well. I really love DC and I want it to put out good movies that a lot of people see and enjoy.
>>
How was COIE? Great comic obviously and I haven't watched any of these films but I enjoyed the previous 'generation' of them (Superman VS Elite; Crisis on Two Earths; New Frontier; Under The Red Hood; etc...)
>>
>>144632350
>How was COIE?
Ass
>>
>>144632319
Basically, WB wouldn't let certain bat characters appear in multiple TV shows when airing concurrently. The Batman coming out meant L had to stop using Joker(which is why he gets written off in that JL Royal Flush Gang episode). Robin being in Teen Titans meant the Batman couldn't use a Robin, until the show was towards the end(The Batman getting allowed to use Robin is how the TT03 crew figured they wouldn't get a renewal past 65 episodes. )
>>
Why did they give every movie the same boring soundtrack? Who thought, off-brand horror movie music was the way to go for bombastic super-hero movies?
>>
>>144632741
Has DC given up on the embargo?
2022 had Robin appearing in Teen Titans Go! while Nightwing appeared in Young Justice, Harley Quinn, and TITANS.
Dick was everywhere.
>>
>>144633025
The execs they dealt with 20 years ago might not be there anymore.
>>
>>144631386
Fucking hell that long halloween boxart is awful, at least make Two face's and jokes faces match up
>>
>>144631406
spbp
>>
>>144632241
It's amazing how the DCAU movies peaked so early with this
>>
>>144631386
So are they not allowed to do more DCAU movies or such now that all the old universes are gone?
>>
>>144631386
I haven't watched any of the Crisis movies but I watched Warworld and thought it was terrible. I'm really just sick of Multiverse shit and don't care about any of it.
>>
>>144634687
Why do people seriously think this.
Obviously if Timm wants to do DCAU movies, he's gonna do it.
>>
>>144635044
>Why do people seriously think this.
Because they show all those old universes be annihilated? Why even include that if it's not going to be treated seriously? It was probably meant to shut up people who kept asking for another Teen Titans 2003 season as well.
>>
>>144635074
Do you really think WB Animation keeps a studio bible of use requirements and since the DCUA got blown up in a bad movie, they won't allow anyone to use it?
>>
>caring about any of this garbage

The best DC animated movies have been the elseworlds
New Frontier
Justice League x RWBY
Superman: Red Son
Batman: Gotham By Gaslight, Soul of the Dragon, The Doom That Came to Gotham, Ninja, Return of the Caped Crusaders & vs Two-Face
Catwoman: Hunted
Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold + Scooby-Doo! and Krypto, Too!
and the Showcase short films
>>
>>144635862
batman ninja
werewolf by night
and
death in the family
were the only ones i remember
>>
>>144635862
Red Hood
>>
>>144635862
>Justice League x RWBY
Eww.
>>
>>144631386
Instead of just adapting the story throw in black skinned Damien Wayne to remind everyone this takes place in the snergy version of DC. Fuck Hamada. Fuck Gunn
>>
>>144631386
Its missing a few movies like Batman Hush and Death + Reign of Superman. Just change the story around for no fucking reason. Bros that Watchmen adaptation is about to be ABYSMAL.
>>
>>144637204
That was the previous New 52 cartooniverse.
>>
>>144631813
WB/DC wants to create synergy across everything. So comics, movies, vidya, and cartoons will all be the same going forth. Why? Because the MCU is doing that. The only things not in Gumn's new Universe at the moment are Batman, The Penguin show, and Joker II
>>
>>144637204
Those aren't in the tomorrowverse
>>
>>144637239
I don't think this is going to work. Mostly because there's too many projects the general audience doesn't care about.
>Waller
>Booster Gold
>Creature Commandos
>Paradise Lost
>Plastic Man movie
>The Authority
>Swamp Thing
>Penguin
>>
>>144637345
People care about the Penguin. I dunno if they'll care about Colin Farrels penguin though.
>>
>>144637899
>People care about the Penguin
No...they do not....
>>
File: COLONEL-GIBSON_jpg.png (282 KB, 650x400)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>144637899
The Penguin trailer reminded me of those parody movie trailers that used to be popular for a while on late night shows, where you portray a silly cartoon mascot as a realistic character in a drama.
Anyone else think it's just become ridiculous? We took a character who's whole thing is how a fat old aristocrat with a big nose and a tuxedo looks like a penguin, and now we have to pretend it's some serious mafioso character from a Scorcese movie.
>>
>>144638038
Worked for Joker.
>>
>>144637239
>Because the MCU is doing that.
And they're failing, so what the fuck? They stupid?
>>
>>144638104
>so what the fuck? They stupid?
Yes.
>>
File: Mel-Gibson.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>144638038
Beard Gibson should play Highfather
>>
>>144638104
Maybe? But Disney hasn't admited that MCU isn't doing as well as 7-8 years ago. To DC and WB they've been whipping around trying to get their shit together since... damn. Since Batman Returns?? Oh this movie series isn't doing well. Switch directors and reboot. This show isn't popular. Ax it now. Comics aren't selling. Better reboot it. Try again in a year or two. Marvel has a cinematic universe? Lets do one of our own. Well that failed so we should get the MCU guys to clean it up.
Rinse and repeat. The only thing WB/DC is worried about is getting the same respect as Marvel.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.